1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Hart says he’s out as Oscars host after outrage over homophobic tweets

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Voyeur, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Voyeur Well-Known Member

Tags:
  2. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

Harts alright too bad people be doing this to him.
    This is where sjws piss me off

3. Revan Reborn Redeemed

People just love digging up things that people have done many years ago, and try to use it too discredit their current beliefs.

4. ~VK~ The King

kevin hart's gotta be one of the most overrated comedians on the planet. the dude has had only one genuinely good show and has been riding that wave ever since.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  5. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

Man is in everything.

6. SuperSaiyaMan12 The Seventh Hokage's arrived.

That's the thing about the internet, its out there. And sometimes, it has merit. Sometimes it doesn't.

7. wibisana still newbie

Poland
    If my daughter wanna be football player i would support her wholeheartedly.

I mean because there are so little girl in that sport she can be in National teams. Won world cup and make me proud.

Stupid ass joke

8. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

Was expecting some double meaning jokes or friendly banter but what he wrote was actual homophobic so i can understand the outrage

9. Amol Chief of Wisdom

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • List
  10. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

I'm just going to say I'm not even surprised the opinions Hart has are pretty common among the Gen X and older members of the community. Anytime I would hear these people talk about homosexuality it was near verbatim the same types of things Hart said on Twitter. He hasn't been funny in years anyway so this is hardly a loss for the Oscars.

11. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

Yeah, nah m8, you are a piece of shit. Even more so if you say you " changed " and refuse to apologize.

Couldn't care less about the Oscars tho.

12. Mali ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Flag:
    Portugal
    Lmao. Poor kevin Hart.

13. Kawaii Butterfly Turning Into Jojo Well-Known Member

This is why Trump won. Im getting tired of the phony outrage culture trying to make you feel a certain way.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  15. Former OBD Lurker. Well-Known Member

We're reaching the point where saying "gay" will become taboo like the n word. While I can understand how people can get offended by the latter, the original meaning of the word gay has absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality, so I feel like the outrage over it is completely misplaced.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Former OBD Lurker. Well-Known Member

18. Former OBD Lurker. Well-Known Member

Don't really like Hart's humour, but I love Chappelle and some other black comedians, but I have mad respect for him for not apologising on this occasion. Thought policing lunatics feed on apologies and faux displays of regret -- bend the knee and they will walk all over you. Kudos to him for staying true to his principles. I have nothing but respect for men who stand for something, even if it means incurring in losses, be it financial or reputational.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Zenith L'osservatore

What is maddening about the court of public opinion is this faux indignation at the stupidest crap. As if they've not posted dubious stuff on their social media feed ever. But oh "mr Hart posted something about gays" and the entire flow of the universe grinds to a halt, and we need to all partake in this act of feigning indignation and outrage. Count me out. I don't want to be part of this circus.

And also, this is why people like Trump are in office. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  21. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

This is the same as someone saying " If my kids started acting black, saggin their pants, listening to rap music, I would beat them up ".

And then, not apologizing for it.

Y'all fuckers need to get a grip on reality, the fucker said he'd beat his child if his child was gay, this might've been ok in the hellhole you were created in, in the time frame you were created in, but this is not ok today.

22. Roman Emperor

I'm also put off by the fact that people deliberately look at other's social media from five to ten years ago for something suspicious and get mad over it. The problem is people change. They might have had one opinion years ago but their outlook could be very different now, especially as they mature. Everyone has said stupid shit before, with a good chance of that shit being ironic in nature. This isn't worthy of Spanish Inquisitions.

23. Huey Freeman The Gent

I don’t believe a comedian need to apologize for a joke that mild. Stand up has been using stereotypes of race for a while

24. wibisana still newbie

Poland
    Like n word means black

25. Black Superman Honky's Beware

Hollywood is always trying to legislate how we should feel rather than stand for principles.

I don't like how society deals with people problems, everything is approached with a baby in the bathwater manner , no nuance or precision. The brother who got fired from CNN said nothing nothing , I'm not gay but the cancel Kevin Hart movement isn't going to stop anti gay people from doing fucked up shit IRL. Really, we know Kevin isn't Hitler, people in privileged positions have said much worse.

this Tumblr thing is overblown too, shows that the institutions overract to slights. This is one of the reasons why bigoted ass Carrot won, because the witch-hunt has taken away all context from the discussion. The left has a problem with all these manufactured outrages, some are valid, others just aren't. Everything is problematic now, this is why moderate people are pushing back against the left, you're doing too much.

26. Former OBD Lurker. Well-Known Member

27. Black Superman Honky's Beware

When y'all are trying to legislate how I feel, that's some creepy shit. The left is like Mr Garrison with "I'm a woman" shit.

28. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

I don't doubt that. Problem is that the effects of your words, even more if you are a public person, reverberate for quite some time. So yeah, apologizing is something you definitely should do. If you can't even do that when the subject comes up, you clealy didn't mature and you've only ever apologized so you wouldn't get too much hate on you for that.

A person who half understands how wrong and how severe what he said was, would have no problem apologizing for life for they know how fucked up is to say " I'mma beat my kid if they are gay ".

Nah m8, this ain't no Inquisition. Expecting someone to apologize about a behavior that, in theory, that person agrees that it was egregious isn't fucking Inquisition.

You question the validity of the outrage when the subject matter is that the guy would beat his kid because he's gay? I entered this thread assuming it was some joke with the word faggot in it. This isn't your average, run of the mil, " Guy said 10 years ago faggot and the left is making a ruckus about it ". No. The fucker said that if his kid was gay, he'd beat his kid. And I don't know if you know, but this is the modus operandi of many, MANY, people. Beat your child if they are gay has been a given for so much time, for so many people. Beat them, kick them out of the house, etc. And that just legitimizes this behavior even further. So yeah, it isn't some random joke with the word faggot, that I'd be ok with, but saying "Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay,’ ” is barbaric.

29. Roman Emperor

Gay means happy. That's my point. Whenever someone told me "you're gay!" as if to say I'm a dumbass, I'd say each time "joke's on you, you're telling me I'm happy and you're not wrong either!" :spookyoni

30. Black Superman Honky's Beware

Also. White people gotta stop assuming the gay struggle is anything like the black struggle with these hackey ass examples, because they're nothing alike. Ask gay black people who face discrimination and abuse from the non-black gay community, firsthand.