1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for Graphic of the Week 50 -- Contest Central Banner is live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Voting for Photograph of the Week 54 -- Landscapes is also live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Entries for Graphic of the Week 51 -- Dragon Avatars are open! Click here to check it out!

Entries for Photograph of the Week 55 -- Freestyle are open! Click here to check it out!

-- Contest Central Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Throw the dice to win Golden Sparkles for a month. Check this thread.

Dismiss Notice

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Ichigo_101, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Ichigo_101 School Rumble #54652 fan!

I really want to watch this series... but it kinda old so no one seed it now... =/
    Anyone know where I can direct dl or seed me? please...

Tags:
  2. Dannyz Hinata Fanboy

don't watch this series, your only in for heartbreak.

3. Ichigo_101 School Rumble #54652 fan!

I heard its very good...

4. ninamori Well-Known Member

It was so sad.....

:crying

But I liked the ending. =)

ps- I have no clue. xD

5. zicler Member

yeh it's very good. Only this one and Hoshi no Koe ("Voices of Distanct Stars" I Recomend this ova, one of the best animation/story ever) made me cry :')

6. Ichigo_101 School Rumble #54652 fan!

so no one know where I can dl this series =/
    I found a lot of torrents but no seed !!!!!!!!!!

7. Arilou Viking Ninja

It's definately one of my favourite series.

Recommended.

8. solinari67 guster no jutsu!

need help with kimi ga nozomu eien

how many episodes are there in this series? animenfo says 13, but the boxtorrents dl says 14. i've got the lunar subs, which, from what i've found, only go up to 13. can anyone help clear this up for me?

9. Chillin The New Sword

There are 14 episodes, Lunar did sub all of them I know that

10. solinari67 guster no jutsu!

awesome, thank you. i wasn't sure if it was including a promo episode or if there was an additional OAV added to the series (kinda like what happened with wolf's rain)

11. hadou bad motherfucker

another one like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

i watched this series and i really liked it. anyone know of another series similar to this one?

12. Lucifer Banned

oh well. so popular is anime drama/romance for realistic.... but I don't like it, I'm angry this is anime. so very SAD.

13. Dannyz Hinata Fanboy

akane manaix - starring akane from kgne

kanon

air

peach girl

14. Nekomimi ~2nd Division Captain~

Keke im in the same boat as you...We have both glimpsed a truely incredible romance anime and its very hard to find something to compare. :sad

But dont lose hope there are some pretty good comparable (if not as good as) anime out there. Air is a wonderful series(The movie is kinda meh), Suzuka is a great currently airing TV series thats pretty realistic in the way KGNE is, and I have mixed feelings on Kannon but if you liked KGNE it'll probably suit you.

Other then that...hmmm...theres some other series im watching atm I guess only time will tell if they turn out any near as good as KGNE, nya.

15. eternally Member #623

God no, not Akane Maniax..

Suzuka's the closest thing to it, but (IMO at least) Suzuka sucks...

DCSS also *had* a storyline quite similar to it, but...you know...>>

16. solinari67 guster no jutsu!

i haven't watched any of it, but i think "honey and clover" is supposed to fall into that category.

17. Arilou Viking Ninja

I loved KGNE.... Strangely enough I find that apart from that one most good romances aren't found in romance animé :p

RahXephon, PlanetES and Infity Ryvius all have (I think) excellent romances, and none of them are romance shows.

Another series (slightly more humorous, much longer, and not as sad) is Hana Yori Dango. It's a high school romance with a girl protagonist. It's really good, but very old.

18. Arilou Viking Ninja

I loved KGNE.... Strangely enough I find that apart from that one most good romances aren't found in romance anim? :p

RahXephon, PlanetES and Infity Ryvius all have (I think) excellent romances, and none of them are romance shows.

Another series (slightly more humorous, much longer, and not as sad) is Hana Yori Dango. It's a high school romance with a girl protagonist. It's really good, but very old.

19. Nekomimi ~2nd Division Captain~

Yea I havent heard anything positive about akane maniax sadly heh...She wasnt my favorite chara anyway keke. Now if theyd made a series for Haruka...Ahhh thatd be heaven, nya. :smile-big

I noticed you list DCSS and have it in your sig...How do you like it? The first season was OK, but from the descriptions of the new season they completely threw out the ending of season 1?Like theres little to no mention of nemu? Thats what turned me off, nya.

20. Dannyz Hinata Fanboy

the only reason why i mentioned akane maniax is because of the tie in with akane. other than that, its a whole different ballgame.

normally i agree with eternally on most things. she seems to be a girl version of me. but in this case she is completely wrong. Suzuka DOES NOT suck. maybe it is just a difference in opinion, but i cannot see how people would say it is bad. everyone ive heard from really gets into it. there are some really great dramatic moments in it. some of them even rivaling kgne and da capo in terms of sheer agnst factor.

push the spoiler button on my sig and look at the picture on the right. HOW can you not fall in love with this girl? impossible.

21. TiRMcDoHL Keeper of the Souleater Rune

Debate over ending of Kimi ga Nozumu Eien

Alright I'm gonna go ahead and put spoiler tags up, but there aren't any new topics about this and I just watched the series in the last two days and need to discuss from the comments I've heard mentioned in other threads.

Spoiler:
    I'm going to go ahead and put my personal opinion first. I thought this was one of the best romance/drama animes I've ever seen and I'm a sucker for them in general. It's a pretty depressing series, which is partly why it is so good. Even so, I feel the ending to the series is 'very' good. I've heard other sides to the argument.

Many people feel that Narumi should have been faithful to Haruka and not be with Mitsuki at all. Wrong IMO. We don't see very much evidence of a vastly deep relationship with Narumi and Haruka PRE-accident. I mean they were dating, seemed to get along good, ok, but it didn't seem to go on that long before the accident. I can understand Narumi going into a sorta depression for a year (a year right?, could be wrong) because he thought he put Haruka in the coma. Mitsuki obviously liked him from the beginning of the series and anyone could tell this, and she cared for him for a year before she let her feelings out. Narumi needed comfort IMO, she provided it so I can see why he would be drawn to her. But over the next two years he grew into a relationship with Mitsuki and it was pretty good up until Haruka came out of the coma.

How can people say that it's wrong for Narumi to be with Mitsuki? Let's say you date a girl for a couple of weeks (arbitrary) and she has an accident and goes into a coma (which you may think is your fault). Are you going to not date anyone the whole rest of your life to wait for her to wake up from her coma? NO! It's not like you were already married and this happened, it's been a relatively short time that they've been going out. I feel that Narumi is perfectly justified for having feelings with Mitsuki and vice versa.

Now that sets the stage for was it a good ending. IMO yes. If Haruka never woke up I feel that Mitsuki and Narumi probably would have moved in, got married, the end. There wouldn't be much of an anime there anyways either. So even though Haruka wakes up and he may still care for her, I feel it is Narumi's responsibility to be with Mitsuki now and not Haruka. I was thinking this the moment Haruka woke up and was hoping the whole series that he'd finally realize and go back to Mitsuki in the end. And guess what? He DOES. The way he does it and his struggle to come to terms with his feelings is what makes this anime so good.

Wow I have that much feelings for an anime I've known for a whole 3 days. Sorry if this seems like a rant but I just couldnt really get my opinion off in any other way.

Begin the debate, I'm curious to hear other sides on this, though I still think any other sides are wrong :p

22. Kev Byakugan

Yeah I liked the ending too
    Spoiler:
    Mitsuki hid her emotions for Narumi and helped her friend get together with him. After the end of episode one, you can already tell she likes him. She even says, that she hid her emotions just so Haruka could be happy. After Haruka got into her coma, Mitsuki couldn't hide her emotions anymore. When Haruka hit Mitsuki at the hospital, I started to dislike Haruka a bit, but I realize that she had no idea what Mitsuki did for her.
    Anyways, the ending was pretty good, and it ended nicely too, as Haruka got married and Mitsuki went with Narumi

23. TiRMcDoHL Keeper of the Souleater Rune

Spoiler:
    Yay for supporters! But I must have missed something, I didn't know in the ending Haruka got married. They kinda rushed the ending and condensed it into like 5 mins. I thought she published a picture book and Narumi came by and saw it in a store window with her name on it and smiled. When did she get married?

24. Ken Cannon Ken to yondemo ii yo

Yup you got me argeed with you here too tirmcdohl, nice points. Yeah i never heard she got married either.

25. Notaku [insert custom title here]

forgive me but it's been year since i saw this anime + i'm not good i putting my toughts in to words so be gentle

Mitsuki should have never tried to get Haruka and Narumi together
    she should have just told Haruka that she liked him 2.So that Haruka would know that she could lose him at anytime and that she would fight to make him her's.then if ether one won i would have never hated Mitsuki.
    Not when haruka goes into a coma and then make her move.
    i understand that Mitsuki hated to See Narumi takayuki like that.
    when a person u love/like is like that u tend to ge worried.
    But who i hate even more than Mitsuki is Narumi.
    u should blame urself for something u have no control over.
    and then try to take her away out of the hospital b/c ur depressed and drop out of school and stuff.I would blame it all on Mitzuki she held narumi up b/c of her he was late.if it wern't for her Haruka wouldn't be in a coma and then Narumi would have never become a psycho for a year.
    hold u i changed my mind i hate mitsuki the most.
    all in short The only Chars i like in this serie are Akane And Haruka.
    now in don't know what to typ any more so i'm done:tem

~Notaku~

edit: one more thing i have to admit this anime was damn good

26. TiRMcDoHL Keeper of the Souleater Rune

First of all I think it's unfair that you even put an accident blame on somebody's head. It's ok for the characters who experienced it to feel guilt and maybe THINK they did it. But in reality, it's no one's fault, that's why it was an ACCIDENT. You cant say it was Narumi's fault for being late or Mitsuki's fault for holding him up, because it was neither of their faults. Had to get that out of the way.

Though you may be right that Mitsuki should have told Narumi her feelings from the beginning, I don't think it was all that bad to try to help her friend. That's why you have friends, to help them, and she was helping her friend by setting her up with a guy she liked (but only liked him through contact to set her friend up, so its ok). I don't know how many times I've come across this situation in real life so I really relate to Mitsuki here.

I also agree it was pretty stupid to go into a depression for a year but sometimes shit like that just happens. You can't really blame him for it unless you experience it yourself and feel the pain that he does.

So overall you hate Mitsuki because she caused Haruka to be in the accident and because you feel she waited until an opportunity came up where Haruka was out of the picture to confess her feelings for Narumi. I don't think Mitsuki was 'waiting' for the moment to confess her feelings, the accident happened, and things changed like life does, and she developed such strong feelings for him over time that she just had to let it out.

27. Notaku [insert custom title here]

Blame the driver :kukuku
    Helping a friend ok i agree
    but i would rather have that she told haruka that she liked him to
    and it one of them won the would by happy for the winner

that true vist everyday that what i would have done but that just me.:tem

now that i think of it it's not fair to hate someone for confessing
    *thinking*
    nvm i leave it at this

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  28. Ken Cannon Ken to yondemo ii yo

Hahahaha, yeah, what the hell was that guy doing way the hell up on that curb anyways?

29. TiRMcDoHL Keeper of the Souleater Rune

haha i agree.

though he probably was a drunk driver, you see so many things like this on the news these days :sad

30. TiRMcDoHL Keeper of the Souleater Rune

But then wouldn't it be another ichigo 100%?

This anime is great for it's uniqueness, and I'm pretty sure I can say that because I've never seen anything else like this, though there probably is and I'm wrong lol.