1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Kimimaro Bloodline Comparison Manga/Anime

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Shishou, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Well I knew I was gonna end up making a topic of this. And since most of Kimimaro has been shown, I figured it is time. Rep is appreciated, if you find this useful/interesting.

This topic will not have any spoilers, and is not to have any spoilers of whats to come. All comparisons obviously are of Manga pages and Anime Episode Frames. No reason for any images of things from the Manga past the anime, as you cannot compare them yet.

It has bothered me for quite some time how they censored Kimimaro's bone limit. Not so much the censoring, but that they don't show one of Kimimaro's great abilities. The ability to regenerate. I see in discussions/debates all the time from anime only watches, who use the butchered anime Kimimaro, in the debate rather than the manga version. I few things I will point out.

-Kimimaro pulls out his own bones. He doesn't grow a bone out of his bones, when he takes bones out of his body. He literally takes his own bone out, then regrows that bone.

-Kimimaro's flashback did not happen. Orochimaru and Kabuto discussed his clan, and it showed Kimimaro standing with a young Kimimaro. That is all.

-Lee never did a ballet twirl and a little kick to Kimimaro. Lee popped up out of nowhere and did a Konoha Senpuu to Kimimaro's face. This is one of the few hits he ever gets in on Kimimaro.

-Pre-Drunk Lee never landed a blow on Kimimaro. Besides the Konoha Senpuu sucker hit, to save Naruto.

-Kimimaro didn't attack Naruto again after Lee appeared, there was no Lee stopping the bone sword. (although that was really cool)

-Kimimaro didn't stop while he was slashing with his sword, when Rock Lee asked him to. That never happened. Rock Lee asked for a break in the battle, while he was like 10 or 20 feet away from Kimimaro. Kimimaro wouldn't stop mid-slash to let Rock Lee take medicine, where if he didn't, Lee would have been dead.

-Drunken Lee only landed ONE hit on Kimimaro. Kimimaro couldn't hit Drunken Lee, and the ONE time Drunken Lee managed to land a hit on Kimimaro, he said it is impressive that he could land a hit. And then he took out the bone spikes. So in actuality, Drunken Lee wasn't very superior at all, as he could only manage one actual hit.

-Drunken Lee never did the sleep-trick on Kimimaro. Who the hell would really be fooled by that 3 times?

-Kimimaro didn't spend forever in Gaara's sand, remembering the past. Gaara would crush him, and right after he would emerge. No sappy emotions, juss pure freakiness.

-Kimimaro NEVER threatened a flower. I'm sorry, but he juss didn't.

Now on to some Picture comparisons of his actual bone limit. I highly suggest anime people to actually read the manga, as if you don't, most of any debate you have and points you point out, are void. But to each their own.

Some of the anime comparisons will change to a new frame every 4 seconds. Makes posting them and comparing them easier.

As you can see, in the manga, the Palm Bone is much more narrow. Also is covered in blood.

UPDATE
    Seiken has done the comparisons for the rest of Kimimaro, from episode 127. These are very accurate and well done, so make sure ot check them out!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Here we have the Bone Sword comparison, from Anime to Manga.

As you can see, he literally rips the bone out of his flesh. And then right after, the huge gaping hole in his shoulder, heals up.

3. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Here we have Kimimaro using his rib bones to stab Lee.

Manga page was very nicely coloured by a fan. And as you can see, they rip through his flesh, and are covered in his own blood.

4. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Here we see a comparison of when Kimimaro makes bones spikes come out of his forearm. Anime-wise, this was the first time I was satisfied with the bone limit.

In this comparison though, although I was fine with the anime's version. The manga is still superior. You can actually see the flesh still on the bones, falling off.

5. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

This was decent in the anime as well. The Pine Dance used by Kimimaro, where he grows spikes all over his upper torso.

Minus the blood, this one was pretty well done.

6. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Here we have the Renge stopping. Quite an impressive thing to see.

This one looked really awkward... The bones were longer, more slender, and didn't look so fake in the Manga... I was disappointed with the anime's version of this.

7. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

It looks really odd how in the anime, it gets little holes in his skin, and the bones fly out. The bones themselves looked like Chess Pieces and were to fat, so that was kinda a downer, although the actual movement and damage they did looked great. In the manga though, as you can see, the flesh on his fingers actually peels back before the finger bullets are released.

Kimimaro after desert coffin, where his skin is missing in chunks, looked pretty much the same as in the manga. Only difference was there was alot more blood coming out of the missing chunks, and his teeth being shown through his missing cheek looked better. But minus blood, it looked the same.

Thats all until next episode. Cursed Seal level 2 Kimimaro looks fairly accurate to the manga, so there is no complaints there. But as you can plainly see, Kimimaro heals his body after he rips bones from his flesh.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  8. HinataFanBoy Aint Depression A Bitch?

ur so right, Kimimaro was fucking awsome in the manga but they didnt show ANY blood when Kimi used his bones. If they had only left it alone it wudda been fucking sweeeeeeeet!

9. AndroidKing Do i have...beaver teeth?

if they had used whatever it is when he lets out the arm spikes we could at least kinda fill in the blanks for blood. what the hell is that stuff saliva?
    anyway great comparison, a link to this should be in every other kimi thread.

10. Chas3265 Kazekage

I don't really care about the blood being there or not. Kimimaro still looked badass to me.

11. Nono chocobo turned moogle

now this definitely looks familiar. Didn't you make a similar thread a few weeks back?

^^ LOL, this is hilarious :laugh *can't stop laughing*

12. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

I had a thread ranting aboot how I felt... But nothing with actual comparisons :p

13. abfluvver stray dog

This is an awesome thread.
    Kimimaro covered in chunks of his own body tissues is hotter than whatever the heck they turned him into in the anime.
    Ah well, love him all the same <3
    *reppage*

14. Seiken Enhasa Slick Reporter

Yeah, I made some comparrison pics as well (though i'm not completely finished with them since i'm lazy as hell, plus there's some other bone-related stuff in the manga that he hasn't done in the anime yet). I wasn't too impressed with how he was handled either, for the most part.

The ones i've done so far:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Wow, very very nice. Muss have taken you quite awhile to do all that o-o You even got the exact scene and manga to compare. Repping you.

I juss did this in like an hour out of boredom. But people, definently check out his comparisons for an even better reference

16. uzumaki-unk_chaos Nine-tails awakes!!!

That is true of how they changed kimi's bloodline by alot. Since i'm at work, i won't be able to get some example i wanted to show, but if you guys can picture it, the match where neji and kidou (the spiderguy) fought, the part where neji got stabbed by the arrows, now you see how in the manga they had blood poring out and all and in the anime, they had some twisted muscle thing happening there where the arrow stabs through. now i wonder if they could of use that kind of technique (the twisted muscle) and for not showing too much of whats under the muscle, they can just merge the muscle and the bone like in the in the example:

but like show some muscle with it, then the skin heals up. little blood, and should be slightly realist enough. But that's how i would do it if it was in my hands.

17. barbarebar music is my aeroplane

its not even just the alterations. i expected the animation of kimmimaro's movement to be much more fluid and snappy. when i was imagining all of kimmimaro's dances, it looked nothing like the way it did in the anime.

18. Cholisose Uhh... (cough)

Yeah, Kimimaro is by far the freakiest villain of the series, especially in the manga. Looking back at the manga, everything about Kimi is freakier and creepier. Of course his bone techniques are 10 times more chilling, but even just his face seems more placid, cold, and glazed.
    Nice comparisons Shishou and Seiken.

19. Hyuuga-YoungIsh Hyuuga until I Die

damn thats some good ass work man thanks for the insight

20. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

I personally am ok with how they added the lines on Kimimaro's face to show he is sickish... And I kinda like that they made him a bit more manly and muscular.

At least in the current episodes, that is. But everything else was cooler in the manga with him. Rock Lee's fight was alot better in the anime, but it juss gave Rock Lee justice, and took it away from Kimimaro. Kimimaro would never be fooled 3 times by the sleeping trick, that never even happened.

21. uzumaki-unk_chaos Nine-tails awakes!!!

That's true, i just wonder how could such things happened, i still question it till this day. I mean after the first trick, Lee wouldn't have a chance for the second sleep. They tried to make it like kimi was confused about Lee's behavoir, since he did gave him a chance to take is meds which turned out to be sake.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  22. AndroidKing Do i have...beaver teeth?

kimi didnt know wtf was going on with lee in the anime. kid shows up with those fuzzy eyebrows, bowl cut, and green suit. stoping the battle mid slash to take medicine and drinking sake. then falling asleep 3 times. kimi was more then a bit confused and its not like Lee could really hurt him anyways so kimi had no prob investigating sleeping Lee 3 times.

23. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Of course he wouldn't need to risk it... But it juss makes his character look dumb. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, and this is anime bullshit.

24. Seiken Enhasa Slick Reporter

Oooh, thanks for the rep.

There's one thing that was completely taken out of the anime, right before Kimimaro creates the bone spikes on his forearm. His forearm actually goes completely limp while he prepares the bones. Here's what it looked like:

I was looking forward to seeing it animated, since it would've been pretty creepy. Meh.

25. Chas3265 Kazekage

Well he had to approach Lee to kill him. It's obvious that Kimimaro wasn't surprised the 2nd and 3rd time.

26. Mu Dada It's pointless

awesome thread man, manga version of kimmimaro was definitely more badass for this simple reason: in the manga every time a bone comes out, you KNOW it hurts, whereas in the anime, his bones were made to seem more like an attachment. also a good point, kimmimaro was rarely ever hit by rocklee

27. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Kimimaro was only hit 3 times by Rock Lee.

-Konoha Senpuu to the face, when Lee saved Naruto.
    -A hit as Drunken Lee, it was the last hit shown in the anime.
    -
    Spoiler:
    A kick to the head while Kimi was in CS2 form

28. huntere New Member

Good job with everything. Nothing I already knew but I'm sure the ''newbies'' to naruto liked it. ^^

29. melee New Member

wow thanks for that. i didnt really see much of a difference but thanks

30. Esponer Brief Intermission

I first I didn't mind too much, because Kimimaro never really "fell for it", as he never seemed to put himself at an disadvantage by it. However, I became really annoyed by it when I realised he had a long-range jutsu - the Hessendan.

He could've killed Lee so bloody easily.