1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Kimimaro mutilating himself

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by earthshine, Nov 28, 2005.

1. earthshine

when kimmi use his bloodline, the bones come out of his skin. his skin. anybody else see a problem here? the bone is at the center of the arm, so when he forms his little bone dagger, it has to come through all that flesh, right out of his wrist. lets not even talk about his ribcage, just thinking about it makes me uneasy.

my main question is, why does he not seem to be in pain when he is using his power, and why is there no blood? does his skin simply stretch to acomadate the extra apandage? even so, how does it peirce his flesh with no blood?

Tags:
  2. TheChoji

Maybe his bloodline help numb it down, or he is just so bad ass he doesn't ever cry out in pain, or better yet he could possibly be bleeding from the inside.

3. martryn

I think there was some blood in the manga. I'm assuming that either he doesn't feel pain from using the bloodline or that he's used it so much that he is accustomed enough to it.

4. narutorulez

yeah if i remember correctly then there was some blood in the manga

5. Aburame Kahetai

You obviously didnt read the manga were his shoulder tore open when he grabbed his bone sword. And he's not a wuss, he can handle pain

6. Kimi Sama

Looking at the manga, the bone cleary rips right through his flesh, rather then the flesh parting of it's own accord.

This means there are three options;

1) It hurts like fuck, but Kimi is so badass he doesnt mind. It's the same as Wolverine - whenever those claws extend it's really painful, but he ignores it.

2) It just doesnt hurt when he uses the ability

3) He doesnt feel pain. Period. Or he really is so badass that ALL pain doesnt bother him. I seriously can't actualy think of any moments when he expressed even mild discomfort at anything at all. Remember when Gaara crushed him, and skin all over his body was torn clean off? Anyone else would have screamed and screamed. He didnt give a fuck!

7. ShounenSuki

Kimimaro's was already near death and in an aweful lot of pain, because of his disease. It was said that he was moving on will alone. This probably also allowed him to shut his pain off in a way.

By the way, in the manga, when Kimimaro pull the bone from his shoulder, there's practically no blood.

8. gabha

Ah, I hadnt thought of it that way. I guess it stands to reason that anyone capable of forcing a terminally ill body to get up and move would be able to ignore any other kind of pain.

It looks like theres some blood on the bone itself, but there isnt actualy any blood at all on his skin or anything. Pulling a bone through your shoulder would equal a fountain of blood, especialy considering the proximity of the arteries there. I guess either his bloodline stops the bleeding, or Kishi just didnt want to use up all his black ink on the masses of blood that should have accomponied every single bone.

10. ShounenSuki

The only blood I was able to find on Kimimaro's bones was that of Rock Lee ^^
    It probably does have something to do with his Bloodline though ^^

11. Megaharrison Retired Staff

Yes, the anime censored it. In the manga the bone would burst out of his skin. I imagined it did hurt...But this was just to show how tough Kimimaro was.

12. Sunuvmann

He probably has quite a bit of chakra control and knows his own body. As such he makes it miss major nerves and arteries/veins. Also if youve been doing something painful like that your whole life, it is doubtful you'd notice it after a while. Even if it be riping out your arm.

13. Alia_Atreides

I guess he just got use to it... Or maybe his bloodline has this characterist: they dont fell any pain. Doesnt sounds unlikelly to me.

14. Kaki

To feel pain you need your brain, in the spinal chord there are pain sensors and according to the gate-control theory, he can maniulate this central bone to prevent pain signals from reaching his brain.....
    Then he fucking# removed his spine!!!!
    Also, he have have injesed powerful opeates in his IV from kabuto.......

15. FitzChivalry

When he pulled his spinal column out of his back...that was odd.:oh

16. Terumaru

Very insightful.. I wouldn't have thought of something like that o_o.. course I've never actually opened a biology or medical book to find something like that out XD

17. Kaki

Yea, I just happened to be studying my psych book on that page when I found this tread.....perfect explaination.......
    Also pain in the mind, and as many pepole have already said Kimi is fucked up in the head, however it is primarialy what I have mentioned before......

18. Tsukiyomi

His body is built to handle that bloodline, it probably causes him no pain at all. His entire clan seemed to be able to do it without pain, so either they are incapable of physical pain (which can't be true since Kimimaro's disease caused enough physical pain to incapacitate him), or their bodies are built in such a way that the bloodline doesn't cause pain (I would say he was enduring the pain, but given that his disease could cause enough pain to make him suffer, I can't see the removal of his spine failing to do so).

In the manga it actually tears his flesh and his healing factor fixes it, thats something that was downplayed in the anime was his ability to heal his body, it wasn't until CS2 that he healed the holes on his body in the anime.

19. SeruraRenge

Yeah, but all they had were like helmets and bone knifes. They never had their fucking rib cage burst out of their chest!

20. ShounenSuki

Weren't all those Kaguya-clan flashbacks filler?

21. Rui

Maybe he's used to it. I wonder why Kimimaro didn't make Bone bunshin. It'd be 1000x harder than his flesh.

22. Heartgobbler

He doesn't seem able to control bones he stops touching. A bone bunshin would just become a statue, or would require lots of chakra to animate. (and he was already using chakra to move his own body.)

I guess the whole clan was trained from youth to endure pain (it was just too badass to be painless and ninja often need to work in silence.) .

"minor" techniques used by ordinary clan members seem just as painful. (If the wound is deep enough, you won't feel more pain, because most nerve connections responsible for pain are close to the skin.)

We don't know exactly what the disease did.