1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Kimimaro was a powerful dude

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Mouten, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Mouten one batch

Kimimaro was a lot stronger than some people think, or maybe it's just me who underestimated the healthy Kimimaro. The first hint I noticed was Sakon's speech about Sasuke who apperantly didn't have nearly as much potential as Kimimaro. The second and more significant hint was told by Kidoumaru, his comparison revealed he wasn't as close to death since Kimimaro the day Neji sealed his fate with the final Jyuuken hit. Given this information I guess what happened most likely is the Sound 4 started an attack on Kimimaro to test his power and Kimimaro beat all of them nearly to death, probably interrupted by Kabuto or Orochimaru. Uchiha Sasuke couldn't control his cursed seal when the Sound 4 were playing with him, so Kimimaro probably didn't have an advanced cursed seal either yet he still have fought the Sound 4 and won or at least beat the shit out of Kidoumaru, a foe that even the genius Neji thought was impossible to defeat 1on1. The Sound 4 were afraid of Kimimaro, Tayuya was scared when she meet him again on her mission, yet they were not afraid of two enemy Konoha Jounin. I surmise as a healthy kid Kimimaro was at least kage level. In his last fight with Naruto, Lee, and Gaara he was with one foot in the grave yet still show insane skills.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

3. Superb Herb Follower Of Jesus Christ

Damn Sasori just owned that shit.

4. Mouten one batch

I didn't even watch the anime rescue saga, so sorry, it can't be filler.

5. Sai_What Custome title? How troublesome

Um, yeah, he must have kicked ass back before he was coughing up blood...but I don't know about Kimm beating the shit out of ALL of the sound 4, that seems like a stretch, considering their cs2 and it being 4on1. 1on1 definiatly, tho.

6. Shishi-O Oda Is God

i will say that you are absolutely right. i will even add to it.

he and his clan invaded the hidden mist....only he survived as a kid, against the hidden mist, a country.

and he was still a kid, when he put down the sound 4.

but i will also say that post cs2 sasuke would have owned kimmi-kun

sharingan makes the unpredictable ability of kimmi-kun worthless.

and he would have copied all his taijutsu.

one of the only times you'll hear me praise sasuke-chan like this but you gotta give it to the kid.:)

love the thread

7. Sai_What Custome title? How troublesome

^ I think Kimm would kick cs2 Sasuke's ass. Oro said that he will always long for Kimm, that he was the ideal host, even when he knew that Sasuke was coming. Even considering sharingan, Kimm is still probably stronger. And the bone thing is a bloodline limit, so it can't be copied. Just like how Sasuske was defeated by Haku (who is way below Kimm) b/c of the ice prison thing.

8. dkpunk27 Chaos Bringer

Why is it a stretch for him to take out the other sound 4 alone? Kimimaro had the seal just like they did and oro wanted him more than he wanted sasuke.

9. Divinstrosity Itachi: God Of The Gods.

Frankly, I think it's kind of pointless talking about dead characters.

10. Deathinstinct Member

Filler.
    Filler again.

People seriously overestimate Kimimaro. He was able to beat a weakened Lee, and Gaara who simply lacked the ability to hurt him. That doesn't make him the strongest in the series.

11. dkpunk27 Chaos Bringer

The condition kimimaro was in before the fight does lead you to believe he was very strong. He was next to dead and still wasn't defeated. Granted that he was still fighting against genin but he was in no condition to be up and walking around let alone fighting anyone and he still put on a show.

12. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

There is a reason why he became Oro's intended vessel, and it's not because he can make a toothpick out of his bones.

13. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

All you Kimimaro haters are full of shit. Read the first post before talking crap.That's canon, not filler.

I still think Kimimaro > Sasuke in his prime, and probably Itachi as well. And there is SOME indication that Orochimaru felt the same way.
    Oro has this dream of learning and mastering all jutsu's, and sharingan speeds this up. But he still chose Kimimaro as his original desired vessel. It would make him indestructable in combat.

At the time of Kimi's death Kabuto alone was equal to Kakashi, maybe even stronger than him, but at the same time Orochimaru seems to take Kimimaro as even better than Kabuto
    Kabuto seemed to see Kimimaro as his superior too (at least when he was healthy)
    ?Oh dont worry sir, there is nobody who can beat this guy (even if the guy is dying by illness)?
    And yeah, he only lost due to the handicap. He had the worst handicap in the whole series and he was still kickin asses. Imagining him healthy is just insane.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  14. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

He beat Naruto, Lee using a decent powerup, and a 2 year to be Kage Gaara, while being on his own deathbed. Nothing to scoff at.

Orochimaru wanted Kimimaro's bloodline far prior to looking at Sasuke. It was only when his host became deathly ill that he had to look elsewhere. This means that his abilities where far superior to Sharingan. the things he did were pretty incredible, and he may not have even full accessed what he could possible do. (1 or 2 tome Sharingan)

He may not have been on the level of Itachi/Orochimaru/Jiraiya. But he was very powerful, and probobly pretty close to them.

15. ZE E?E

Kimimaro didn’t exist in the manga, he was just a huge filer.
    And lee never got drunk.

16. Rokudaime Active Member

Sure....for a 15 yr olds ninja who train under Sannin beating those 13 yr old kids yet somehow didnt even manage to kill anyone definitely is the strongest...yeah

17. King_Rollo Hokage

My view exactly.

18. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

No problem. Just extent his lifespan 2 seconds more. Or take away his terminal illness and your genin kids are dead.
    Hmm..GTFO?

19. BTlover3 Hybrid Rainbow Rewriting

Personally, I'd say Kimimaro could actually hold his own against an Akatsuki member. After all, his bones were hell-a strong. I mean, he must've been strong enough to take on Hidan. ^_^

20. duoenigma Member

u obviously don't know what your talking about

21. Deathinstinct Member

He would lose to Hidan in a millisecond. Everytime Kimi uses his ability, there's blood for Hidan to use. The ritual would be easy to pull off.

22. Gir- New Member

the way i remember it (from the anime) is that kimm was the main attacker for Oro in his quest to defeat konoha. Though oro probably delt the final blow the kazekage, i have always held the impression that kimm did most of the damage, and held him there for oro to finish. kabuto even said that it would be easier to take on konoha if they had had kimm

23. Sirius Ice Weaver

I think an important fact many people overlook is that Kimmimaro was SEVERELY handicapped when we saw him. Tayuya was surprised he was even able to move... and said he had "one foot in the grave" Kimmi was just moving his body through sheer will power. This is a handicap at the level of Jiraiya and Oro in the sannin battle, imagine a perfect healthy Kimmimaro, he would be considerably stronger than the one we have seen, I can't even begin to fathom how strong he would be.

24. Soljah Super Ghost

him takin on the sound 4 at once was indeed a filler but im 100% 1 on 1 he'd wreck all of them. And yea he's be very strong but we wouldn't know how strong he would get cause oro would take his body definately then oro would be invicinvible in battle nearly.

25. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

He probably would have been Akatsuki material, especially after the time skip.

26. geminis Active Member

Definitely gotta give Kimmi his due credit....

I wonder what would be better though.....

Oro in kimmi's body vs Itachi

OR

Oro in Sasuke's body vs Itachi?

27. Junas Tuco

You make a good point there. if Kiminaro had no illness to begin with, he would have been pretty tough to deal with. Then you have Oro in the mix and he will be very powerful with that bloodline. I can't imagine Orominaro duking it out with Jiraiya, Tsunade, or anyone else for that matter. Healthy Kiminaro=heavy pwnage on enemies! :nuts

28. Sho Active Member

I agree with the original post. Even with one foot in the grave, he still remained indestructable, and basically Gaara could do nothing to him except ultimately delay him. His bloodline limit made him pretty much indestructable to most physical attacks, and his taijutsu was incredible (along with his predicting ability).

His potential was pretty much godly, and that's why he died. I can't even imagine how strong a healthy Kimimaro had the potential of being. Probably one of the strongest ninjas ever with enough time.

29. Kinjishi Well-Known Member

What the hell are you reading/watching. Kimimaro is not filler. he was part of the sound 5.

aint that the truth.

30. Shishi-O Oda Is God

kimmi's bones would have blocked hidans sythe, by the time hidan noticed, he would have been cut to ittie bittie pieces. that spear of his would be tested against kakuzu's body, and i think he would have won.

yeah, i am a kimmimaro fanboy.:)