• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Chapter Kingdom Chapter 678 Discussion Thread

Cichy

Not sure what to think of Kanki's strategy so far. We still don't know the details, but if the purpose was only to make them too confident in Eyiuu not falling then this does feel like a waste of troops. Gyoku Hou got a serious hit and they won't recover from it for a while.

Also the Maron gentlemen joke got me laugh. :catcane

Last edited:

Thdyingbreed

Hara should already know by now that none of the readers even believe there’s any chance that any of the trio is going to die no matter what situation they are put in. Also was that Shin seeing a general’s view when he figured where Ouhon was at or just instinct either way cool to see such an old concept brought back.

Alusta

There hasn't been such a senseless waste of life since Duke Hyou at Keiyou. I guess it also hearkens back to Ousen using Heki as bait at Sanyou. Even then I doubt either would use a unit as valuable as the Gyoku Hou unit as fodder.

Even if it works at what cost? You've basically lost a crack unit. And if the Hi Shin Unit had come when expected the Gyoku Hou Unit would have been wiped out to the last man. Kanki's just being reckless here.

Zoro

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗
It's nothing new, HSU got fucked in kokuyou hills before as well.

Kanki is just teaching these upstarts the true ordeals.

Shunsuiju

It's nothing new, HSU got fucked in kokuyou hills before as well.

Kanki is just teaching these upstarts the true ordeals.
Kanki is many things, but I don't think a teacher is one. More likely, he just has a reasonably low view/use for them.

Zoro

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗
Kanki is many things, but I don't think a teacher is one. More likely, he just has a reasonably low view/use for them.
Its not meant to be a teacher per se

he just putting them through hellish experience that Kanki went through himself, probably, just for the hell of it

bws

We see Ouhon's wife,given that he has stick in his ass I expected her to be cheerful person.

I hope that Hara will not again take out Ouhon at the beginning of the battle and later on again make him mobile for fighting,we have already seen that.

Shin better pay small price for not waiting for others,he is letting his feelings get best him and that is big no no on the battlefield.

That GHK dude will probably have solid strength and will be fine warm up for Shin before he take's on Kochou.

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
Kanki is just an asshole.
It is easy to be smirking know it all when you are not risking your own life. I would respect Kanki's high risk strategy more if he was putting his own life on line. This is just game to him. If he loses , he will just run away. He never pays price for the risks he takes. It is always someone else.

For some reason this chapter firmly put me against Kanki. I can no longer tolerate his ultra smugness. He is border lining as Mary Sue now. Likes of Ouki, Moubu, Tou, Riboku etc have made mistakes and have struggled at some point. Hara refuses to have Kanki struggle a bit. Everything always goes his way. Honestly I find Kanki a very cheap character nowadays.

Hopefully he gets his ass kicked. KoChou should utterly destroy Kanki Army and only reason Qin should win is because Shin manages to take KoChou's head at the last moment possible. I wanna see Kanki bleeding and battered with destroyed army.

baski

Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru!!!!
>Hi Shin unit gets tossed into the most hopeless situation on the battlefield, basically being told to go die.
>Shin, leader of the Hi Shin Unit: "Perfect"
:skully What a character.

Still loving the respect Shin is getting as a general

Maron seems to have snapped out of his hysteria. So that's that with the fear of betrayal stuff.

Does Kanki have that much faith in the Hi Shin Unit? I know Shin intrigued him once before but is that enough reason to place so much of your plan on them?

Holy Shit that's a horrific scene. The "Holy-" in the previous chapter is completely justified.

Ouhon is near death as is tradition :skully. All that's left is his final rally to push into the enemies HQ.

Another general's scalp for Shin to add to his collection. Nice.

Judging by his reckless charge, Shin by himself may still not be ready to face generals of Rihaku's caliber, at least tactically. Still needs the battle to maneuver into a one-on-one with the enemy general.
He's instinctual and all that but no other instinctual general we've seen just charges into the enemy as their first move.

Last edited:

baski

It is easy to be smirking know it all when you are not risking your own life. I would respect Kanki's high risk strategy more if he was putting his own life on line. This is just game to him. If he loses , he will just run away. He never pays price for the risks he takes. It is always someone else.

For some reason this chapter firmly put me against Kanki. I can no longer tolerate his ultra smugness. He is border lining as Mary Sue now. Likes of Ouki, Moubu, Tou, Riboku etc have made mistakes and have struggled at some point. Hara refuses to have Kanki struggle a bit. Everything always goes his way. Honestly I find Kanki a very cheap character nowadays.

Hopefully he gets his ass kicked. KoChou should utterly destroy Kanki Army and only reason Qin should win is because Shin manages to take KoChou's head at the last moment possible. I wanna see Kanki bleeding and battered with destroyed army.
Generally I agree. It would be satisfying to see him bungle this whole plan due to his own arrogance.
On the other hand he seems like the type of character that won't ever make a mistake. I'm not sure I'd buy a change in him at this point. He's been shown to laugh at any idealistic value anybody throws at him, so if this, or any battle in the future were to teach him some lesson about "the value of human life" or "how to not be an arrogant prick" or something like that, I'd be disappointed.

Tenma

hindsight is 2020
lol Kanki isn't afraid of putting his own head at risk to work his plans, lest we forget his gambits against Genpou, Seikai and Hakukisai. He was a bandit, not some noble raised with a silver spoon.

In position as a GG and chief strategist, he's going to be doing those raids alot less though if he can coordinate the board from the HQ. Even Duke did that till the final day of Keiyou, we just didn't get constant shots of him laughing and dismissing his advisors who can't understand his instincts.

Yo Tan Wa

Lord of Death
Hara should already know by now that none of the readers even believe there’s any chance that any of the trio is going to die no matter what situation they are put in.
But that still doesn't mean Hara shouldn't put em in difficult situations like this.
Shin better pay small price for not waiting for others,he is letting his feelings get best him and that is big no no on the battlefield
To some degree yes but he's not blinded/recklessly charging. He's noticed the opponents army before moving out.

He's not small time General that Hara still needs to teach him such small lessons. Rather it's time his General view approach where he sees the entire battlefield view comes into play.
Chapter dropped without spoilers?
What madness is this
There were actually, bt chapter came out within hours of Spoilers.
Some of us love him specially because he's one. Lol

But i don't think he shy away from putting his life at risk (eg Coalition arc) as long as he believes it can work. He might run away when he's doomed to loose because he's bandit and not loyal to anyone/Qin.
Hara refuses to have Kanki struggle a bit. Everything always goes his way
Riboku n his deputy General figured out his weakness, it won't be long before he's struggling. Given Kochou hype, his current plan may also not go without hiccups.
Does Kanki have that much faith in the Hi Shin Unit? I know Shin intrigued him once before but is that enough reason to place so much of your plan on them?
Many times actually, Shin been receiving Honors everytime and Kanki being intrigued in him.

Anyway are we sure what Kanki plan is? (i know Ouhon words).
The very reason Maron calls Hi Shin Unit their last hope, hints Kanki plan might actually be different. It would be another case, if it fails And Hi Shin Unit still save the day.

Pliskin

Poor Ouhon, him getting downed is pretty much the go to way to establish a new threat now :lmao

Shunsuiju

lol Kanki isn't afraid of putting his own head at risk to work his plans, lest we forget his gambits against Genpou, Seikai and Hakukisai. He was a bandit, not some noble raised with a silver spoon.

In position as a GG and chief strategist, he's going to be doing those raids alot less though if he can coordinate the board from the HQ. Even Duke did that till the final day of Keiyou, we just didn't get constant shots of him laughing and dismissing his advisors who can't understand his instincts.
I think the question is just if Ouhon's head was neccesary or not.

If Kanki wants to waste someone who can literally flip a battle on it's head in front of someone as hyped as Kochou where every unit is crucial, I hope he doesn't regret it. Now he probably has a plan, I'm just saying there needs to be more then just a bait.
this

Tenma

hindsight is 2020
I think the question is just if Ouhon's head was neccesary or not.

If Kanki wants to waste someone who can literally flip a battle on it's head in front of someone as hyped as Kochou where every unit is crucial, I hope he doesn't regret it. Now he probably has a plan, I'm just saying there needs to be more then just a bait.

this

idk what his plan is so I can't comment on how sound it is

I'm just saying 'Kanki only acts smug because it's not his head on the line' isn't a fair assessment.

Amol

Chief of Wisdom
Kanki bullies martially weak Generals by taking them by surprise. He hides or sacrifices others.
That is not risking his life. Kanki has never actually put his own neck on line in battlefield. Even Ousen was in real danger last arc.

Kanki just acts as definition of Mary Sue. Always perfect and in control of everything. I am tired of his smugness. Hara pampers him too much. Kanki is starting to remind me of Itachi nowadays and that is never a good thing. I mean Hara even tried to justify Kanki's barbaric genocidal actions by claiming that it kills less soldiers.

Fuck that guy. :hmpf
I am gonna celebrate when Riboku beheads him or better yet Shin kills him for finally getting enough of that war criminal.

On other note that KoChou sub General we saw in this chapter, he screamed as hype tool to me.
He is gonna lose his head while trying to stop Shin from rescuing Ouhon , isn't he?

baski

On other note that KoChou sub General we saw in this chapter, he screamed as hype tool to me.
He is gonna lose his head while trying to stop Shin from rescuing Ouhon , isn't he?
He reminds me of that other fat guy at Bayou that got hyped pretty good and then fodderized by Ouki :skully

baski

Many times actually, Shin been receiving Honors everytime and Kanki being intrigued in him.
That's a good point. For such a crucial battle, it doesn't seem like a safe choice but Kanki isn't known for those anyway.
Anyway are we sure what Kanki plan is? (i know Ouhon words).
The very reason Maron calls Hi Shin Unit their last hope, hints Kanki plan might actually be different. It would be another case, if it fails And Hi Shin Unit still save the day.
With the way he's just letting everyone else talk around him without confirming or denying, it seems like they're all wrong, or that he's using their guesses as a fake out (If the smartest characters are all guessing the same thing there's a good chance Kochou is too). So probably everyone, friend and foe alike, will think Kanki has lost the battle only for his real plan to save the day.

Zeit

★★★★★★
Hara should already know by now that none of the readers even believe there’s any chance that any of the trio is going to die no matter what situation they are put in. Also was that Shin seeing a general’s view when he figured where Ouhon was at or just instinct either way cool to see such an old concept brought back.

Better chance of Shin himself dying (again) than Ouhon at this point.

Top Bottom