1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Come join the KCC Haiku Contest -- Summer!
    Entries due by August 17th at 2:30 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Kingdom Convo Thread

Discussion in 'Kingdom' started by haegar, Sep 24, 2014.

1. haegar

pretty self explanatory eh, so much to talk about but some may be a bit random and occassionally one drifts over into chitty chatty ...

well, here we are :zaru

I'll chose this place to ask, how is this gonna be going from now on, will there be seperate threads for each weekly chapter? or does the old main thread go on here for chapter discussion and we just have other threads for specific stuff? :hmm

enlighten me...

Tags:
  2. Lance

Flag:
    Germany

Watch this sub-section be filled with, your favorite character threads. :laugh

3. Kanki

I was wondering whether to create a 'chapter discussion' thread but figured people may want a new thread each week?

4. Patrick

5. B Rabbit

6. Firo

7. Lezu

Has the latest war ended ?

8. B Rabbit

I want to know this, so I can pick it back up!

9. Bakatohunter56

10. Stannis

Flag:
    Germany

depends on how the section regulars want it really

you can even make multiple threads about the chapter like the telegrams or make one general discussion thread for the chapter w/e

i think there should be one thread for spoilers and new chapter links only (no discussions) so we can subscribe it and receive kingdom updates from there

11. Kanki

How much are people even gonna post here?

Like, I've had a few ideas for threads but I won't create anything if no one is gonna post and there will be no discussion.

12. Hamtaro

I'd say make individual chapter threads for when the translations come out.

13. Kanki

Stickied threads should be:

- Battledome Thread
    - History Thread
    - Kingdom Convo thread
    - Chapter thread (which gets replaced every Friday).

I think it would have a lot more structure to the place, if we went with this. So tomorrow someone should create a thread for chapter 404. In fact I'll do it now.

14. Bakatohunter56

TBH, the only threads that need to be stickied, FOR NOW, are the Kingdom Convo Thread and the chapter threads, oh and also a Why you should read this manga thread (not the one that Muk wrote).

We can sticky the battledome and the history threads once it gets active.

Also, we should prolly set up a proper way to name the convo threads and chapter discussions, much like how they do it in the OL.

15. LordPerucho

Since the anime adaptation got fucked up, I would like to see a Live Action movie to help Kingdom improve its popularity, a live action movie helped Gantz improve its manga sales.

16. Kanki

well kingdom is like 13th in japan so......

17. Satsuki

Started this tonight, I like it so far :catwalk

18. Firo

How far are you skotty?:catsupine

19. Lance

Flag:
    Germany

This sub-section should be visible in the main page like Fairy Tail :catprone

20. The Faceless Man

21. haegar

22. Kanki

The raw is out. Check the Kingdom chapter thread :)

23. Akabara Strauss

I havent posted here in quite a while, but Im happy we finally got our own sub section. Great job guys!

24. Saishin

25. Pesky Bug

Huh, well would ya look at that, a section. Haven't posted about Kingdom ever since the scans caught up, I believe. :lmao Been a damn while.

26. Shukumei

After finishing both anime seasons, I've read the manga (I'm at ch252 currently) this past week. After being told in the fanclub that perhaps I should post in this convo thread, I have some thoughts:

Though I was told that by watching S2 I'd miss half the plot and I should just read the manga, after reading the manga version of those parts I honestly didn't find much different/missing. Sure, the manga is more graphic in gore (battle, Kanki, Mougou losing an arm, Rinko losing fingers, etc.), violence (with the damage actually shown, I got the impression more in the manga that Ouki won against Houken, whereas in the anime with little blood he seemed to me to be overpowered and lost), and sexuality (e.g. Ryofui/Haremlady, and rape is included among the butchering/looting/etc.), but other than some dialogue and panels here and there not being included, I think the anime is pretty faithful, with a few exceptions:

In the manga, the harem and Kou/You are introduced much earlier than in the anime, as is the flashback arc of Sei's past in Zhao with Shika. Additionally, the manga has an arc with several assassin groups (including Kyou Kai!) wreaking havoc in the palace and trying to kill the king; this includes Shin fighting Kyou Kai. Her warning to Shin at his home is thus changed in meaning, and the revelation of her past (to Ten, at the palace) as well as her introduction of Ten to the strategist school is entirely different. This was better in the manga.

There are other removals (I don't recall Lankai being shown to join the Mountain People after Seikyou's rebellion in the anime) and some additions/padding, and the other assassin clans never show up in the anime past the Shukyo in the first episodes, but I didn't see any other real differences (besides the stuff above) until around ep251 when we get more detailed accounts of things the anime only summarized in its final few episodes with Houken, Riboku and Yan. Aside from the removal/change of that miniarc, the anime has been pretty faithful (except in level of gore/nudity) until its last few episodes.

Overall, I've really liked the manga so far; I don't regret watching the anime. I've enjoyed seeing the differences and omissions (Muta being a perv, Shin calling Ouki a queer giant, and Shunpeikun/King confirmed - which I had definitely theorized when seeing it in the anime, after seeing how feminine the former was and how adamant the king was about getting him back). And what is up with Mangoku and nudity? Lol.

Now that I'm getting into territory the anime barely covered, and about to get past the point where the anime ended, I'll be interested to see where things go from here. I know the anime omitted the first pages of chapter1 where we saw "Li Shin" as an older commander of many troops all decked out in golden armor and wielding Ouki's lance; I wonder if the manga will stop at that point (where he's possibly a 'great general of the heavens') or if it will go all the way to the complete unification of China. Sure, Sei is going to deal with Ryofui before he turns 22; I wonder how faithful Kingdom will be to historical timelines for when that happens, and when each state is conquered, or if it will be different in the manga.

I started looking at the Wikipedia pages for (historical) Li Si, Shouheikun, Ryofui, Ei Sei, Riboku, etc. to look at the timeline, but stopped since I didn't want spoilers, and I don't know how accurate the manga will be.

I wonder what the collateral damage will be when Ryofui is toppled. His faction (loyal Four Pillars etc.) casually talk about assassinating the king and Shoubunkun; I doubt Sei will let them go unscathed. I'm particularly curious with regard to Moubu, Mougou, and Mouten. Moubu is a Pillar and fiercely loyal, his son Mouki is also in his father's faction and considers Sei an enemy. Is Mougou also allied with his son, and against Sei? What about Mouten? I like Mouten. :( Will the sins of the father be passed down to the punishment of the sons? :cry

My other curiosity is that now that Mougou is pretty much out of action, will that mean that his 'two arms' Ousen and Kanki will no longer appear on the battlefield? Kanki might be fine with the amount of land and riches he received after the Sanyou campaign, but for Ousen who aims to become a king, I don't think he'll disappear quietly. But who would want him as a subordinate ...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  27. Bakatohunter56

- The manga will prolly end some time after the unification

- The manga isn't entirely faithful. hara uses what he sees fit for a better story and flow; so far he's been great at it.

- the rest ill answer when uve caught up.

28. lazorwalrus

The manga does actually follow everything that has been recorded in the Shiji around this era. So by reading wikipedia on characters and events you will definitely spoil yourself major parts of the story.

29. Kanki

The anime doesn't really miss out any major things - however it does miss out some smaller moments which add huge amounts of depth to the story, IMO. In a word, I'd describe the anime as being a 'shallow' version of the manga. The manga fleshes everything out a lot better - characters, scenes, interactions etc.

The outcome of the Sanyou arc will have a huge impact on the series so we can't really comment on what will happen with certain characters. But you're just about to read a damn good arc. Keep us updated on how things go.

30. Bakatohunter56

I don't think we've been reading the manga version of real history (which is what I meant). :laugh