1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
  4. ⛄ ❆ Check out the latest Newsletter-December , read it here! ❆ ⛄
  5. It's that time of the year when everyone spreads good and magic things, to enter in the Christmas Spirit full of art HVoA invites you to

✵ Join the NF Christmas Extravaganza ✵
  6. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
  7. It's that time again, where a certain lazy rodent refuses to host a wonderful NE-centric game. Come play the 2nd Mafia Game

in the Nigerian Embassy (formally known as the Chatterbox) hosted by the one and only WAD! Test your skills, shitpost like no tomorrow!

...There's a prize if you win.
  8. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .

Kingdom

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Reznor, Jul 21, 2014.

Who do you want to lead during the first unification war?

1. Moubu

23.4%
  2. Kanki

24.5%
  3. Ousen

18.1%
  4. Tou

34.0%
  1. Amol Chief of Wisdom

Am I the only one who is getting bored with this arc?
    Whole OuHon thing felt a little bit forced(his unit should have suffered devastating losses).
    Not only that but overall I am enjoying the manga less with every passing chapter.
    It's MC being such unlikable character doesn't help either.
    Anybody else feels the same way? :hmm

2. BlueDemon Demon

I think I feel like this generally about manga nowadays.

But yeah, these past arcs don't compare with the the middle ones! Still, I think things just got a bit more interesting with the food supplies going up in flame. Heki and Tanwa's armies have to get a win quickly now.

3. Amol Chief of Wisdom

Yeah maybe we are starting to become too old for manga in general?
    But I am only 24 for that dammit :catflip
    Ever since Coalition Arc ended Hara has just lost his mojo. Every arc after that has became increasingly full of weird decisions and multiple plot holes.
    Fire Dragon arc had
    -youngsters with small army taking on people against whom they should logically have no chance whatsoever.
    -Tou just sitting on his ass.
    -Ouhon actually killing Earl Shi with bullshit reasoning.
    Kanki/Keisha arc:
    -Regression of Keisha's character.
    -Shin being absolute moron.
    -Sheer lack of tension in the arc because everyone from Zhao was incompetent.
    Zhao invasion Arc :
    -Shin again being absolute moron.
    -Heavy Sweating Unit.
    -Sheer lack of tension for an arc that should be full of it.
    This arc should be absolute nightmare for Qin but it is not. This is somehow equal battle despite the fact that Riboku has home advantage. Sometimes I think Hara wanks Qin too much on the cost of credibility of villains.
    Anyway I am just rambling now.
    I hope from now arc becomes more exciting.

4. BlueDemon Demon

Well, you have to remember - and this isn't a spoiler - that they are going to succeed in uniting China. I agree that more should be done to keep the tension up (like what happened in his chapter for example), but they can't lose catastrophically anyway, because then they couldn't continue with conquering the other countries.

5. DA hawk Active Member

I feel like hara is starting to drag the story more than before, and yes the last few arcs after the coalition weren't as good, add to that they were just after the best arc written in shonen manga imo., So it's understandable why we would be underwhelmed.

But this arc is pretty awesome right now! Except maybe for riboku wankers fans.

6. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of this is common knowledge to the average Asian readership.

Like, in Ravages it is heavily assumed that the reader is familiar with the cliffnotes so it is frequently tried to subvert standard three kingdoms plot sligthly (Haha, you thought X was an imbicile losing castle Y, but he was actually pretending to be dumb to hurt warlord Z, only to be subverted by random insider U V and W).

Like, maybe tjis dragging is actually going in the direction of 'So you know Qin is going to suceed at A, but little did you expect that they were actually losing till Shin channeled the power Cosmic to temporarilly raise his IQ to room temperature (°C)'

7. Pirao Trollslayer

Link removed

Lol Heki.

8. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

Ei Sei may be a necromancing spirit medium, but good at choosing vasalls he is not.

10. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

Still retarded that Heki is a general :skully

11. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

So who is going to take out Gyou'un? Ouhon?

I think having the trio take out martial generals of their level this early in the series is a mistake. I never liked the fact that Ouhon took out Earl Shi a GG level character when he was just 4K man commander. I won't like it if he takes out Gyou'un now.

If the trio were generals then I would say it was okay. But not when they are 4K, 5K army commanders.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  12. Zeit Golden Company

13. perman07 Per ler mer

14. Zeit Golden Company

mfw Heki is intentionally being made to look incompetent so the bar is lowered for Shin. :rlynigga

15. -Ziltoid- writer of words

Shin is a brute, but Heki... Heki is just incompetent. He's the bloody Sakura of this series. It's just appalling. The author either forgets the poor guy exists or else we're shown his failures.

It sucks to be a Heki :gglife

16. Pliskin Well-Known Member

My guess is he'd be dead already in the original plan to provide tragedy, but somewhere along the line he slipped so far into comedy relief loser territory that he needs a few arcs ahead to be built up to the point anyone would care about his death.

17. BlueDemon Demon

Oh come, you're all being a bit unfair. The tunnel was just bad luck, the crazy charging the next day was dumb though.

This new fella looks pretty cool.

18. Zeit Golden Company

The tunnel itself isn't the issue, although it's something I'd expect top-tier generals to be considerate of. The issue is apparently Heki didn't bother to properly guard the only source of food they actually have. Two guys and a torch shouldn't be able to utterly hamstring an army.

19. perman07 Per ler mer

Realistically, people like Heki should exist in organizations everywhere. Middling men who rise through the ranks cause they're good workers without any glaring flaws. The problem is it doesn't make much sense within the Kingdom world where generaling competency is pretty obvious and where there's no indication that blue blood and money matter more than merit. In the actual warring states period, I'd imagine underwhelming generals were common.

Genius commanders aren't that common in history, and I've never heard of any Chinese ones comparable to figures like Caesar, Napoleon, Gengis Khan etc (been binging on the Hardcore history podcast, recommend it highly).

20. Zhen Chan Silver Spoon Coon Hoe

There were dozens of genius chinese generals through the ages

Problem is china is fucking huge, so they were all swallowed by the weight of history

21. Pirao Trollslayer

Yeah, people really should take into account that China's population was fucking huge, so the territories these guys fought over are comparable to a huge chunk of Europe. Han Xin's feat of unifying China in a few years after the Qin dynasty went to shit for example, is perfectly comparable to any of Rome's finest.

22. perman07 Per ler mer

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have said that, as I don't want historical spoilers and was practically inviting that.

My point wasn't about Chinese generals in particular though, more that I'd reckon subpar generals were common enough that men like Heki in reality probably did command a fair amount of armies. Cause subpar people are common everywhere really, even at the top.

23. Pirao Trollslayer

Subpar generals wouldn't last for long, if they made it there, considering rulers had the tendency to execute generals who fucked up back then.

24. perman07 Per ler mer

Perhaps. The way to resolve this would be to check the history and count "good", "medium" and "bad" generals, and since I'd rather not be spoiled I'll let you have this one :yousmart

25. Krash Beer is love,Beer is life..

26. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I dunnoh, Heki should have stayed 2-3 k range. Still under qualified, but I wouldn't somehow have to wrap my head around that ANYONE in the Military hierarchy thinks Ouhon and Mouten are yet to show that they have ascended to the level of the dutiful Heki.

27. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Also when did Sousa become deputy infantry commander? Wasn't he few hundred man commander few chapters ago?

Hi Shin Unit Onogram is confusing.

28. Priscilla 4 Star Servant

remember the time that Kyoukai jumped from Lieutenant of Hi Shin unit to 1000 to 3000 commander :whistle

29. Pirao Trollslayer

Kyoukai has actually done important things. Unlike Heki.

30. Priscilla 4 Star Servant

Well he has less screen time .. he's probably Denyuu level in strength and kills but command level of a Average General that we see get killed over and over

Plus... as Shin stated a couple of times...
    Heki is rich.. his parents probably support him so much that they donate to the military to support him secretly