1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Kingdom

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Reznor, Jul 21, 2014.

Who do you want to lead during the first unification war?

1. Moubu

21.4%
  2. Kanki

25.2%
  3. Ousen

21.4%
  4. Tou

32.0%
  1. BlueDemon Demon

They showed up with double the number expected, but a cavalry line can't simply become twice as big, do you understand what I mean?

2. Pirao Trollslayer

3. Morglay .

There is a limited front on which an engage can be held according to the terrain of the field/desired strike point. Therefore there will be a limit to the length of the cavalry line. So instead of the line getting infinitely larger there comes a point where they just have to increase the number of lines instead. So strategies that utilise numbers on such a field are essentially: "Throw bodies at the problem until the problem goes away."

4. Pirao Trollslayer

Heki is not holding a chokepoint or anything of the like from what I can see, so hmm, how would that affect this situation exactly?

5. BlueDemon Demon

--------------------------------------------------- Double the numbers or whatever
    ---------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------- Quanrong Cavalry line
    --------------------------------------------------- Heki Defense
    --------------------------------------------------- Less people

You get what we're saying now? So them thwarting the initial attack doesn't have to do anything with superior numbers just yet. That comes into play when Heki's people will get tired but more and more Quanrong can go at them.

That's at least how I'm understanding the current situation.

6. Pirao Trollslayer

The deeper the formation the more impetus the cavalry charge would have, and more difficulty for infantry to surround the cavalry when they collide. A deep formation is advantageous in itself, so I'm still not seeing how what happened in this chapter makes sense.

7. BlueDemon Demon

Weren't we talking about numbers now, and not strength?

8. Pirao Trollslayer

And the deeper formation is talking about numbers. If you don't have the numbers you can't have a deep formation. I'm adressing the graphic you made and explaining why the length of the line is irrelevant since numbers are going to help you in that situation even if you are not trying to flank the enemy.

9. Pirao Trollslayer

Spoilers are out, we're finally going back to the good stuff :bury

10. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

Really,Gakuei is their target?:tiredpepe

11. Pirao Trollslayer

Well he's easy to kill and we have seen what killing a general does to his soldiers, taking a few thousand soldiers out of the game without much risk isn't a bad strategy. Though I worry about Akou's health while Shin and Ouhon are away from him since Riboku is targetting him.

12. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

Who's the one that'll be aiming to kill Gakuei?

13. Pirao Trollslayer

I imagine both Ouhon and Shin will play a part, as usual. Though personally killing would be Ouhon, I guess, since he's the one who chose Gakuei to kill first.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  14. BlueDemon Demon

Really, is this a spoiler? =/

First of all, I have pretty much no idea about military tactics and strategy. And secondly, we've only seen like two charges. What you say might come true soon enough, but for the start of the battle it should be irrelevant, right? Otherwise I just misunderstood your explanation.

15. Pirao Trollslayer

Well, it's not like RL tactics have ever applied in Kingdom other than in a very superficial sense, so talking about tactics doesn't mean much anyways. I just wanted to illustrate that superior numbers is advantageous even if you don't use them efficiently (since if they had superior numbers, the QR should have pretty much flanked Heki's forces in that situation which it seems they didn't).

What I meant is that last chapter's showing is inconsistent with what Kingdom has shown before (ie elite cavalry smashing normal infantry). People are free to disagree, of course.

But enough about that, let's talk about who'll get the honour of claiming Gakuei's head :bury

16. Pirao Trollslayer

Chapter is out guys. Poor Gakuei, he's about to get gangbanged.

And RIP Akou.

17. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

Gakuei for Akou is a terrible tradeoff.

18. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Spain, Argentina
    First of all, I am genuenly disappointed that the battlefield shifted from Yotanwa army to Qin's right wing.

Second, I didn't like the fact Shin didn't say anything when OuHon bashed Ten.

Third, I think there was a strong implication that Bananji has a berserk mode. I wonder exactly who is going to take him out in that mode.

Fourth, I don't believe Akou will die. But the plan to slay GakuEi will probably go down the drain. Or either HSU or GHU will go to save Akou while the other deals with GakuEi army.

19. PoinT_BlanK Ed Woodward fanclub

20. Pirao Trollslayer

Probably he didn't want to start shit with Ouhon, since Akou doesn't seem like he would be very tolerant of their usual antics.

21. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Spain, Argentina
    Nah, it's just his basic self. He suffers from lack of confidence against OuHon.

22. BlueDemon Demon

Oh man, I hope they won't kill off Akou too. But it does look like things will get worse before they get better. Maybe Shin gets his True General Moment (TM) while turning the tide around and either defending Akou or killing off a general/decimating a few armies in the aftermath.

It's not like he can keep up with his strategical skills anyway. His instinct hasn't developed that far yet. Although his knowledge would probably also have to grow a little..

23. perman07 Per ler mer

Ehm, where the hell is Ousen again? Feel like we haven't seen him in a long time, but Riboku is obviously busting moves...

24. BlueDemon Demon

He's waiting for the right moment...letting Riboku win a few battles, then he'll sweep in and win the war :bury

25. Pirao Trollslayer

Spoilers are out, Gakuei is going after Shin to avenge Keisha.

26. BlueDemon Demon

Why am I even trying anymore? Can a mod please put "Spoiler discussion" too in the title if nobody wants to use the tags?

27. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Spain, Argentina
    Chapter is out on SenseScan.

28. BlueDemon Demon

I liked this chapter, but due to the narration from the last chapter I gather that Akou is indeed going to die. He even got praise from Riboku for his potential...hopefully Ousen can find some other generals that are just as good or better.

Akou dying would mean that the new gen is going to take up the reins fully. Ouhon is starting to sense Shin' state of mind and potential (and kidding himself it couldn't be true) and Shin seems to be quite focused on this fight. I have a feeling that far from underestimating Gakuei he is actually going to take him out himself.

29. Sherlōck High Functioning Sociopath

Spain, Argentina
    I am glad that HSU has changed it's target from Gyou'un to GakuEi. I hope Gyou'un won't fall this arc. I am probably the only one who wishes that.

Shin was pretty funny this chapter. Glad to see that now he can talk back to OuHon with such confidence.

Also HSU guys were hilarious too. Before they wouldn't dare sledging but now they are doing it casually.

So either Shin will take out GakuEi or OuHon will. Since both OuHon & GakuEi are spear user I see the possibility of that happening more. But OuHon took out Earl Shi so anything less than a GG spear user it won't be exciting at all.

Nice hype for Akou from Riboku. Akou probably is GG level already. Not Qin6, Wei 7FD or Zhao 3GH but GG level nonetheless.

Akou VS Banaji is going to be lit. It was set up long ago. I wonder if Banaji will show his berserk form in next chapter or not.

30. Singulrality New Member

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    Damn I really need to catch up with this series