1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Kisame vs Arlong

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by GTOnizukadude, Aug 6, 2005.

Fish Battle! OLIOLIOLIOOOO!

1. Arlong "Shaaaaa ha ha ha ha"

48 vote(s)
    46.6%
  2. Kisame "*kills random bishonen*"

42 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. Tie

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. They go set stuff on fire

10 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. GTOnizukadude

Well, after another late night party at Hinata's Fan's house, and convincing him not to steal this idea, AND after making sure no one had doen this before, I present to you:

FISHY SHOWDOWN OF SUPREME POWAAAAA!​

Kisame:

Has Samehada
    Is dead-smexy
    Member of Akatsuki
    Is a fish guy somehow...
    Hangs with Itachi
    Can barf up an ocean
    Has huge chakra
    Good Taijutsu
    5 Shark feeding frenzy attack!

Arlong:

Has a giant sword
    Has an unbreakable nose that's super pointy/sharp
    Can take out/regrow teeth
    Isn't dead-smexy
    Shichibukai power levels
    Racist fish guy
    Gets Extra Strong in the water

Thanks to Hinata's Fan for a lot of the information!

Tags:
  2. KuwabaraTheMan

One Piece>Naruto in terms of power, that much is pretty solid.

Arlong is a gyojin(fishman/merman), which makes him stronger then Kisame, Kisame's reliance on water would hurt him, since Arlong can kill people just by playing around with water, etcetera.

3. itachidattebayo

Arlong would win as Arlong do not have Chakra for him to shave and basically all Kisame's attack is water based and that would strengthen Arlong......

4. Shiron

Exactly. It could end up being a close battle, but Arlong would definently win it (he has enough strength to rip a house of its foundation and flip it upside down. I don't think Kisame is anywhere near that strong).

5. Hitorio

Kisame would beat his narrow @$$. All he hasaren't water based. He has his Samehada, Mizu bunshin, and much more. He can also take all the water anway so arlong wont get stronger and whaddaya know? All he has are his stupid teeth and gay sword. (No offense, I like the sword, im just trying to make a point for Kisame) Kisame has his Samehada, whhich could snap that sword like a toothpick and his massive strength.

Arlong can pick up a house
    Kisame can obliterate one

Ridged sword
    Chakra eating sword

teeth and sword and water
    jutsu, strength, sword

has advantages in water (Luffy beat his butt on land)
    Can adapt in different places

Winner: KISAME!!

6. Delta Shell

That's rather opinionated, saying Kisame has "massive strength" isn't comparing it to Arlong who also has "massive strength", why couldn't Arlong obliterate a house?
    Arlong can throw water hard enough so that it's impacts felt like being hit with bullets..it damaged Sanji badly and this guy is tough..(he's up and ready to fight with a broken spine)

What would a Chakra eating sword do to Arlong? He doesn't use Ninjutsu I doubt his Chakra is even that high..
    Arlong has a much longer Range with his sword too..

We don't know the depth of Kisame's jutsu yet, all we've seen are water attacks (obviously useless) and one potential Doton. "Strength" is nonsense because Arlong, from what we've seen has been shown to be stronger.
    Oh and Arlong's teeth? He can catch a fired cannonball in them and completely shatter it...I don't know how durable Kisame actually is but no-one in Naruto has yet been shown to durbale enough so that a bite of that power wouldn't effect them. Arlong would chew most Ninja's arms/head/leg right off if he could actually get ahold of them (and he can also take his teeth out and use them as weapons).

Just because Luffy beat him on land doesn't mean Kisame will..I mean Superman could beat Arlong too, it's not really relevant if you see what I mean.

What exactly are you using as your basis for Kisame being able to "adapt in different places"? We've seen him fight 1.5 times (yes never gone all out) if you coudl actually explain that (so I can keep the debate rolling :) ).

7. The 21st Hokage

Kisame would win because he has the over abuseable amount of Chakara

8. Sakurako

Both are mermen???? :huh

9. Othni

^ nope, one is a merman, the other is a sharkface.

Arlong is far better. Once kisame floods the place, he is screwed (and you know he would)

10. GTOnizukadude

I'm willing to bet Samehada>Arlong's Sword... even without the chakra benefit.

Kisame is definitely faster than Arlong, and once he realizes "Water makes this guy stronger... crap." he just sucks it all up again.

I'm sticking with Kisame, but it's a very close fight.

11. lekki

Arlong is so much stronger than Kisame that this isn't even fair. Arlong's sword is much more powerful than the now useless samehada since I don't recall Mermen needing chakra for anything. And he has real superstrength and those teeth are deadly.

Add to the fact that he's from the one piece world and apart from decapitation, they don't seem to stay dead.

12. Summoner

And my vote puts Kisame on top

13. kapsi

Nobody dies in 1 Piece happy world :)

14. TDM

The Arlong laugh kicks ass, but for some reason I still see Kisame. I mean come on, he can survive a kick to the bottom of a tower, can't he? lol

15. G. Hawke

On a general basis One Piece >> Naruto.
    I dont see why this should be any different. :cool

16. Miderauchi no Hitokiri

I do remember Quina dying. Or was that me inferring she did?

17. kapsi

Thanks a lot for that spoiler. I really appreciate it.

18. Edgecrusher

It happened so early on I don't know if you can consider it a spoiler... But yeah, they (you know who) had her survive in their dub.

19. Maffy the Love Doctor

well if you watch the 4kids dub, it could be a spoiler since she never "died" but just "got hurt" :eyeroll. well anyway i think kisame would lose. arlong is just way too powerful. he simply throws water around at people and it feels like they've been shot at by a shotgun (and that's him not even trying).

20. Shino's a Bad Man

overall it'd be a pretty funny fight...arlong would keep trying to bite him and kisame would keep trying to shave him...
    but in the end i think kisame would beat him...after all, we've only seen what he can do at 30%.

21. Code

Someone dies in every single flashback.... In current timeline, well I'm sure quite a lot of people has died in the mass scale battles between armies. And there is one instance I remember not counting those.

Anyways, I'd say Arlong might probably take this. That is going by the Kisame we've seen so far.

22. kapsi

I don't remember Quina then >_>

23. Rice Ball

My Vote went to the starting fires....

But Kisame is on another level, one thing one piece characters don't have is speed, which does make a hell of a difference, Kisame moves really fast.

As far as water making Arlong stronger? hes pretty funky in the water being a merman and all, but i wouldn't say stronger, i'm pretty sure a suiton that uses water purely as a force to smash someone against a wall would be just as effective on Arlong as any other person.

Kisames sword chakra eating abilities would be useless, but i guess the Shearing would work very well :D (Read: Kill Arlong pretty fast when he doesn't have any skin etc)

24. Code

One thing One Piece characters don't have is speed? You'd think that in a manga where they face people who can instantaneously change into elements, speed is one of the major factors. As the speed of the characters is just plain obvious so I don't see how you can say "one thing they don't have is speed."

Suiton that has a force to smash someone against a wall? Arlong can toss water dripplets that rival the speed and power of bullets...

25. Delta Shell

Lol, look at Zoro on Whisky Peak, I don't know where people get the idea that One Piece characters are slow.

26. Luciferxxxxx

Arlong is stronger than Kisame. years ago I dunno I saw japanese site Arlong is 7000+ Hit Points and Strength...

27. TDM

I thought we solved thsi a while ago. Kisame pukes out an ocean, Arlong swims under, and Kisame follows ,thinking it'll be easy. Arlong throttles him underwater.

28. Zoro - inactive

Kisame is just a human that looks like a fish,Arlong is one pure merman so he is very superior.Merman(Gyo-jin)>Human.Heil Arlong.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  29. Wing-Zero

i think kisame would win since he is so powerful and we have only seen 30%

30. Darth Judicar

Kisame would flay Arlong alive. Arlong just as super strength and bug chompers, while Kisame has incredible sword skills and Ninjutsu. Arlong wouldn't even last a minute with this Akatsuki member...