1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Kishi holding Naruto back

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Dr.Majestic, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Dr.Majestic

as impressive as it is seeing sasuke with his snake summons, his chakura sword, his chidori nagashi, and ever increasing amount of new jutsu, where the hell does this leave naruto??
    how is naruto gna keep up, all we have seen is another version of rasengan, (which was very cool mind you) his wind rasengan, which rapes his own arm to smithereens as it is, an an ever increasing amount of bunshins.
    one hit k.o. moves just wont cut it for naruto being an exceptional ninja, we badly need to see him using a variety of jutsu casually during battle, nothing major cuz he is undoubtedly strong but how about the occasional needle hair jutsu thing jiraiya used or maybe some more swamp summoning type jutsu mixed in with toad summons, an imagine naruto double team moves that he does with the toad summon together.

i am hoping that kishi is holding him back, to surprise us in the bigger fights its not like kishi hasnt done it before.what do you people think?.im sure that naruto has learnt most of jiraiya's techniques, i think naruto's jutsu are really cool a tad overused, but with sasuke's ever increasing jutsu an calm attitude with it i cant help but feel naruto is being left behind a bit too much.

Tags:
  2. s24084108

As i recall during the sannin fight, Jiraiya said that how many jutsu you can use does not determine your strength. That seems to be another theme that is displayed through naruto (the character). He had few (but powerful) jutsu that he used to defeat people with lots of jutsus. Naruto's jutsu acquisition rate has never been high, even though he could learn jutsu relatively quickly through sheer determination. Its just the theme Kishi wants to show.

3. Shinkirou

Like I've said before, Kishis holds all the characters back, not just Naruto. If anyone of them used what they should be capable of, to the fullest extent, they'd be nigh-unstoppable.

4. lizardo221

A while back I worked on the theory where part1 and part2 parallel each other and if the theory is correct then this arc will be the one where readers stop saying how kick ass Sasuke is and start to think that Naruto is even better. The reason is that time wise this arc would be around the same point that Gaara beat up on Sasuke and Naruto had to come in and save the day. Naruto should start to pull out alot of moves and impress us all. I'm seeing summons and some wild wind moves.

5. Canute87

I want to agree with you but i don't believe that kishi is holding sasuke back in the least.

6. Shinigami Perv

I wonder if Naruto will ever get new jutsus... he has to have them. All the godly nin have jutsu variety... Itachi Sandaime Orochimaru Yondy and now Sasuke. All the one jutsu guys get owned... variety is really strong in Naruto.

7. narutofangd

Don't worry Naruto has the jutsu and yes Naruto is being held back but you'll have to wait a bit longer till you see them

For example take Deidara we have already seen all his moves and therefore some say the only thing left for him to die

People in the Narutoverse the rule is the more of your jutsu you show the the closer you are to your end

It not a coincidence that Oro showed his hand and now is gone same with Sasori

So i say let Sasuke show off all his jutsu but if he does then he'll be screwed

I'm fine with Naruto and Jiraiya still being held back

8. lizardo221

I really don't get why people keep thinking "this is it, Deidara is done for". The last time we saw him in a big fight, Sasori later on told him that he should have taken Gaara seriously and done something to prepare. Now he he is gonig to fight Sasuke at max power and he has Tobi to back him up, plus we have no idea what Tobi can do. I'm much more inclined to think that the fight ends with no winner and everyone runs away for what ever reason.

9. Shinkirou

If he used everything to its fullest potential, he would have casted genjutsu over everybody at Orochimarus lair since they were all looking him straight in the eyes. He also could have killed Naruto instantly instead of holding a conversation so he could gain the MS. He's also not shown as many jutsu as he's bound to have copied. With this much time passed, he should know every single jutsu known in Oto, whether it be medical, nin, gen(can you copy genjutsu?), or kin.

10. narutofangd

I know it pisses me off to Deidara this time is taking his quarry seriously and has come prepared

But alot of people beleive the only 1 who can defeat Sasuke is Itachi so they are saying anyone who gets in the way will be defeated by Sasuke and not defeat him

Yeah pretty conceted logic

11. narutofangd

What he means by holding back is although Sasuke hasn't shown every Jutsu he knows he is willing to and is being given the opotunity to show

Compared to Naruto who has yet to be given a full on proper fight yet or even the chance to

12. Shinigami Perv

Bogus and you know it. He fought Itachi... fought Oro... fought Deidei... fought Kakuzu. He has had far more times to show off jutsu than Sasuke... who is just starting his second fight.

13. RataXes

Yea I see what's you mean. After all, manga is named Naruto so it's quite safe to assume Naruto's gonna be strongest at end etc etc. Imo compared to Sasuke Naruto seems to be pretty weak, so there's a minor threat that Kishi makes Naruto stronger out of thin air explaining absolutely nothing how Naruto reached that level.

At least I see things this way at the moment.

Edit

I wouldn't say he's holding Sasuke back. Or if Kishi is doing that just what does it make out of Sasuke? Even more godlike. :oh

14. narutofangd

Read my post Perv Naruto has yet to have a proper full fight

- Itachi he was the back up the secondry fighter the support role and we only saw small hints of his power like i said basically nothing revealed

- he didn't really fight the Kyuubi beast nature took over and attacked Oro you really can't say that Naruto fought Oro and you Know it once again this situation gets in the Way of Naruto fighting

- Deidara he started pummeling him he hand the upper hand then the kyuubi chakra took control stopping us from seeing anything else

-Kakuza every body new that the only move that was gonig to be revealed in this fight would be the FRS Kishi wouldn't have ever shown off 2 new jutsu in the same fight

I don't disagree with you Perv Naruto has had more time to shine than anyone but unlick everyone everytime Naruto gets in the position to begin to show off his true power something gets in the way

Example if Kishi was doing the same thing to Sasuke that he id doing to Naruto then someone would have intercepted the Dei attack before Sasuke summoned

15. Canute87

Chances are we will NEVER see part 2 Naruto in a full fresh fight.In part 1 the only full and proper fight naruto had was with neji.

16. Bender

Of course he's holding Naruto back cuz he don't wanna see his boyfriend Sasuke be surpassed since he's practically dickriding him like a goddamn rodeo show.

Any great performance he has shows brings him up the ranks and Kishi don't want that.

17. narutofangd

You misuderstand me i'm not talking about freshness i'm talking about we have yet to see a battle that Naruto could fight 1 on 1 no interferences

18. Canute87

Sadly That's just wishful thinking and i don't see naruto fightning any akatsuki alone for the whole fight, From here on Naruto is going to be fighting much stronger enemies and he WILL need help.Any chances of naruto fighting an enemy one on one dissapeared after the sasuke arc.

19. Rukia

Flag:
    Sweden, Germany, England

The best answer to this question comes from this chapter.

Kabuto: It's always about Sasuke with you...isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, Naruto's lack of jutsu's is incredibly irritating and disappointing. Everyone that has spent 5 years or more following this manga should be granted an opportunity to punch Kishimoto in the face for his failure to produce. But the real way that he is holding Naruto back is mentally. The fact that Naruto is so hung up on Sasuke is what is keeping him from maturing. He is tied to the past. He wants things to be the way they were. He isn't thinking about the future, and it has stunted his growth. Both as a ninja and as a man.

20. lizardo221

I still say that Sasuke is running out of things to make the reader go "wow". He has like 3 or 4 more powerful moves we have yet to see but several are going to pop up in this fight and Naruto or Itachi is gonig to feel his best move. A sickly Oro had to be taken down by Sasuke pulling out all the stops (cs2). Now he has to go up against 2 healthy S class villians. The only thing he may have as an advantage is that Oro's organization might have given Sasuke info on Deidara though Tobi is still a secret to everyone.

21. Shinkirou

-Orochimaru, Oro immediately went into his true form and used the poison in his blood to get an opening to start the ritual.

-Fodder CS2 nin, to weak to be able to truly let loose, besides, Siogetsu was there too taking out half of them.

-Deidara, we'll have to see, he hasn't really even started fighting yet.

Sasuke has also never had the chance to truly show off everything he could do, so this doesn't only apply to Naruto.

22. Bender

23. Shinkirou

Exactly, thats why Sai says he's lacking in the man department.

Why do you people keep giving me material to rouse my immaturity?

24. Shinigami Perv

Ugh... my point is that Naruto has shown what he can do. What you have seen is all there is... period. If he had "that jutsu" he has had plenty of times to use it.

Im sorry but lets face facts... we have seen all that Naruto has in terms of techniques.

25. Lelouch71

Unless Kishi wants Naruto pull techniques out of his ass, so it's still possible PNJ or not.

26. Yakushi Kabuto

Honestly, I just think Kishimoto is setting Sasuke up for some spectacular sort of failure later. Characters that have been hyped have this awful tread towards loosing when something important occurs.

27. Shinigami Perv

Right... it would be the ultimate PNJ since he was in serious trouble in every fight against good opponents. He wouldnt have any reason to hold back unless he gets amnesia.

His failure is already determined. His life is obsessed with Itachi... when Itachi dies he will have nothing... like Kakashi and others have said. He may not fall like everyone thinks.

28. AlphaDragoon

And Naruto probably will pull out a few more techniques before too long, but he never struck me as a "learn a bijillion jutsu" kinda of guy, that's more of Sasuke's thing.

In addition, you don't have to know a ton of jutsu to be strong. Not saying that Naruto doesn't need a little more of a boost, but he doesn't have to spam jutsu all day like Sasuke. Yondaime used few jutsu from what we have seen of him (Hiraishin, Rasengan, Fuuin Shiki, etc.), and even Kakashi master of the ripoff still mainly sticks to his Chidori.

But to answer the main question, yes I do think Kishi is "holding Naruto back". So that when he fights Sasuke (or the guy Sasuke fails to beat and Naruto takes on) he can look all the stronger for that inevitable admission by Sasuke that he's "surpassed" him. Since this is shounen manga and that's how it ALWAYS goes with these rival types.

29. lizardo221

Sasuke is going down and Naruto is going to save the day. Come on, how else is the story going to end.

30. Bender

I hope I go to Japan to this summer cuz I really feel like popping Kishi man.