1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

Kishimoto’s interview from Jump Festa 2009

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Godaime Tsunade, May 17, 2018.

1. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

There is an unconfirmed interview from 2009 where Kishimoto admits that he originally wanted Tsunade to be the one to defeat Pein, but the translation always seemed really sketchy to me.

Does anyone have more information on it? Is it fake, or is there a Japanese script/an alternative English translation somewhere?

Spoiler:
    P: presentator
    Mk:masashi kishimoto

P:the 10th anniversary of naruto is very soon ,is there any gift ?

MK:well,a coloured poster will be enough ...

P:what do you prepare fo us for 2009 in naruto?

MK:the story is getting hotter .. there is some characters needing a story developement like the raikage ,hachibi,kisame,zetsu ...and others .. the year of 2009 will be full of surprises ...

P:we all know about the changes that you've made for the last chapters ,can you talk about them ?

MK:yeah,well,i decided to change some stuff in the last chapters so as the battle between NARUTO and pain will be fair
    at the time i've decided that NAruto won't come back to konoha while pain is there ,and i choosed to give to tsunade the "honor" to give the first punch to Yahiko . but in our weekly reunion i've been convinced to make naruto return and in order to make the battle fair I cancelled the punch because as you know tsunade's punch is too hard ... and made all the pain in their perfect form to begin the battle from 0

P:so naruto is coming back ?

MK:yep.

P:Is the amaterasu , given by itachi to sasuke the only legendary jutsu?

MK:It's a secret .. but I can tell you that the tsukiyome is starting showing up

P: who is stronger ? NAruto or sasuke ?

MK:hhh.. well that's a hard question . the world now is dividing in 2 groups Naruto and sasuke .any answer would ruin my life (hhh..)
    now you saw how sasuke is strong but you haven't seen anything from NAruto now when you will see the battle between Pain and Naruto you can compare them ...
    Naruto and sasuke from the childhood are rivals and they will be for the eternity so even if one is stronger than the other the difference between them won't be remarquable!

P:Is that true that shodaime hits madara's left eye so he lost controll on kyuubi ?

MK:these are just predictions .from the chapter ..well let's see .. in the 200s ..i think. When naruto hit sasuke into madara's eye
    but i will take this into consideration !

P:NAruto or yondaime ?

MK:Minato is a legend . but the name of the manga is "next gen" so Naruto must surpass his father ..

P:is itachi showing up again ?

MK:yes, but not as an alive person
    like kakashi gaiden i'm thinking of an "itachi NAgori"(memories of itachi) but unfortenetly i don't have the time for it

One important question :is kakashi dead?

MK: if I answer this question i'll kill the manga so let the answer for the manga

P:Now let's have enough from Naruto .
    Is there any new projects ?

MK:..

that's the end of what concerning naruto

watch tokyo tv
    sunday 4th january
    11.00 AM
    GMT[/QUOTE]

Tags:
  2. Platypus Super Moderator

:drake

@Munboy Dracule O'Brian

3. root eltiT resU motsuC

That reads like he was planning to have Tsunade punch Pain (not defeat him) when he confronts her. Right before he destroys Konoha. But Kishi decided it would be better if Pain wasn't weakened by her punch when Naruto fights him. To make their fight more exciting.

Could be true. The translation seems very iffy though. So who knows. Could be very fake. It almost reads like some fan wanted to win a few internet arguments by doctoring an interview.

But Naruto was pretty much destined to fight Pain from the moment Pain's design was made to look like orange haired Naruto and we found out he was a student of Jiraiya as well. Pain is to Naruto what Itachi is to Sasuke. The evil senpai they had to overcome, both emotionally and in battle, so they could move on in character development and be acknowledged by the world, to take their place as equals alongside the big players in the story.

4. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

True, but on the other hand Naruto was away training with the toads. Tsunade is the village’s Hokage and had yet to receive a fight in Part 2, and on top of that Akatsuki had killed both of her teammates (Jiraiya and Orochimaru) and her disciple (Shizune).

It would have made just as much sense for her to fight him at that point.

But yeah, translation is weird.

5. Yagami1211 The Mad Dog of Shimano !

Anyone who writes "Shodaime" is a scam. It's Shodai, and by that point the interview is fake.

But there is a layer of truth. Kishimoto wanted originally Tsunade to fight Pain for a bit but he thought that Tsunade hits really hard and Pain wouldn't be able to fight Naruto on equal ground after that so the idea was scrapped.

I read that quite a while ago, and this was legit.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  6. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

The only place I’ve heard that is in this interview. Where did you read that??

7. Sword Sage Swordsman in Training

If that interview was really true than I'm dissapointed with Kishimoto trying to leave Naruto out of his biggest battle with Pain that he hadn't had any real battles in part 2 before Pain and Sasuke hogged all battles.

8. Yagami1211 The Mad Dog of Shimano !

I remember TakL talking about it, but he just did a summary back in the days. Other than that, no tangible sources.

9. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I recall this as well, but it is so long ago that I don't recall the exact whys and wherefores.

10. Addy itachi is everywhere!!!

so sakura could defeat pain in theory :catthinks

11. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

If this is true, Kishimoto was probably referring solely to Deva Path since he was the one who eventually confronted Tsunade by itself.

It’s not unreasonable to believe that Tsunade or Sakura could flank him at close range.

12. Addy itachi is everywhere!!!

you dont get it. n order for sakura or tsunade to fight him, they would have to land a hit on him. therefore, that fight was scrapped.

however, kishi instead choose the nuke the village route.

sad but oh well.

13. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

No I get that. It’s just you said “So Sakura can beat Pein” which isn’t technically true since Tsunade would probably only have hit Deva (if this is true) and not all Six Paths of Pein.

14. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Kishimoto never will bring up power levels in an interview. At most he might hype a major villain by stating that he is perfect or invincible and he has no idea how to off him.

The most daring he will get is by bringing shipping to the table. :hurr