1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Knights of the Pocket - Stocks

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Yak, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Neesan

2. Yak

Wow, those look absolutely amazing.

3. Neesan

From new pokekishi event that took place today
    Arthur

Merlin

Ban

Hendy

4. Last of the Arrancar

Ban should really grow his hair again!

5. Yak

Merlin in that dress omg

Why did she ever stop wearing such class outfits. The skimpy ones are nice to look at and service for the eyes but she just has so much more class in those dresses and gowns.

6. Dayscanor

And why did Ban stop wearing his armor? It's all good and all to see him shirtless most of the time, fanservice and whatnot....but I really prefer to see him wear an armor while fighting. His armor is one of my favorites.

Unless he lost it too, along with his ST....sigh.

7. Yak

Barring Escy they all have stopped wearing their armors and while I had hope quite a while back we would see them going back to their knight days I have given up on that idea now. I doubt Nakaba is going to make them all wear armor again, for what reasons? They will eventually end up being so powerful that it serves no point unless it is something that exists to limit them rather than augment them.

8. Last of the Arrancar

In general I think Ban needs a fashion makeover, but it would be awesome if they at least wore parts of their armor, full on armor, especially with the helmets on is a no go either way, but just a breast plate and some leg armor (/drool) for example would look really good.

9. Yak

Agreed. Even a style like Death Pierce of Slader would be pretty cool. Just pauldrons or greaves or whatever.

10. Last of the Arrancar

Had to google that but yeh, would look cool, give the poor guy something more decent than that overly tight, red leatherish awefull outfit he keeps stealing. The outfit in the maze was better but the grandpa level was a bit high, in general a steampunk theme really fits NNT.

11. Yak

What he currently wears/wore was a variation of the leather jacket without arms. I liked his amazing banchou coat too, Ban looks great in stuff like that. I would most prefer if he could wear a combination of his armor parts as well as his original thief/rogue outfit.

12. Dayscanor

Even fucking Eli wore a breastplate once....There's no excuse for not having them wear some parts of their armors, in a similar fashion to this

Ban's outfit is the one he's currently wearing, no? Still no armor.
    Just having them wear a gauntlet or a leg piece would be good.

I like the idea of the armors being magical, just like the STs.If you think about it Escanor's armor must be enchanted, in order for it to withstand the heat from Sunshine and not melt, when other armors like Gil's and Hauser's melted like butter...Or maybe it's made from some material that doesn't melt as quickly as steel.Then there is the fact that it seems to stretch and shrink back lol.

13. Yak

I think Ban's current vest is longer, this a short vest. At any rate, it suits him, now he only needs to up it with some protective gear. It's just a fashion statement anyway for most of the Sins.

The only exceptions seem to be Gowther and Escanor really, both most likely had their armor fashioned by Merlin (in Gowther's case this is confirmed). Escanor's withstands his extreme heat emission as well as the size adaption effect; if that thing wasn't magically crafted by Merlin I'll eat a hat.

14. Roadagain Retired Staff

As a complete sidenote to this conversation, that colorspread is... a russian(?) translation, with the scans being from Crunchyroll, if I'm not wrong. It has some slightly dubious artifacting happening, which is something I noted a few chapters ago in CR's own, original pages, which is just... awful. Seriously, what the hell, you do your editing and you save it as a jpeg and throw it in your awful Flash-based manga reader?
    Anyways, I wanted to throw in the same spread, but from Pairzai, which doesn't have the logo on it.

It's not all that visible in the ones with the logo, but even Gowther is wearing some armor in this one.

15. Dayscanor

^Yeah thanks I knew I saw that spread without the logo somewhere, but couldn't remember where. Yeah Gowther does wear armor, you can see it a bit under the logo.

16. Neesan

17. Yak

Those look nice again although I don't think Arden and his outfit match.

I'm kinda interested in more from this game-only character, cool hybrid between western and medieval design

18. Neesan

Right~♪, yeah I kinda agree, the theme of the event is the wizard of oz, with Deldry being Dorothy and Arden being Oz, he kinda feels out of place...
    Same, Crowley seems like a interesting chara, If I remeber correctly he have his story in pokekishi...

19. Dayscanor

Crowley....as in Aleister Crowley? Interesting source of inspiration to say the least.

20. Roadagain Retired Staff

Yeah, Crowley was the initial villain of the second story that happened (After the game was done with the first season). I've talked about that story somewhere in the depths of the Convo thread.

21. Yak

He sure looks like the Hollywood cliché of a vampire hunter. Still, I would love if more of those game characters made it into the manga somehow. Wasn't there also a black-haired female knight with a dark purple armor in the game?

22. Roadagain Retired Staff

You could probably make his story work as one with small alterations, really.
    From what I remember, Hendy turned his wife/other loved one into a New Generation, and Crowley had to put an end to her. Crowley worked under Hendy to do something involving kidnapping people, and proceeded to eventually attempt to kill him, only ending becoming a New Generation as well, and had to be put down by people that were around just because of said kidnappings.
    Really, if you just swap New Generation to Vampire, you already have a sad story of a guy who didn't actually manage to kill the guy mass-producing vampires in the end.

And yeah, there was another one. Finora.

I... really have no clue what the story was about.

23. Yak

She's an attractive design. Man, maybe they can somehow be included in the story or repurposed but I doubt it.

24. Roadagain Retired Staff

Well, Arden and Derudore weren't repurposed. Though it is interesting to note that as time has gone, and we've had glimpsed of them in the manga, their personalities do match what the game shows us.
    At the same time, it might be for the best that they're not exactly a focus in the manga, since to a degree, their uh, I guess "relationship drama" is not the most thrilling thing to watch throughout the story portion where they're essentially main characters.

Crowley could work with his existing back-story to go together with Hendy, working towards his redemption. Hendy, for all he did, hasn't really had someone who was affected in such a personal way. Veronica could've worked had Griamore actually died, but even then, that would've been more attributed to Guila.

25. Neesan

26. Neesan

Well Crowley is my translation of his name, it's not official and I might be wrong, but I'm gonna roll with it.. Ahh yeah that is his backstory, thanks road... It would be interesting if Crowley and Finora somehow made their way in manga

27. Dayscanor

28. Yak

Wow! I usually find the Ellie stocks rather mediocre and boring but this one is just beautiful and has something divine about it even without wings.

29. Dayscanor

Really like this outfit too.

30. Darkmatter

H... how dare she made me bleed! It's like I got punched into the nose with a powerful force! :catlewd