1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Kobe Bryant vs LeBron James

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by demaMlaJ, Feb 5, 2017.

1. demaMlaJ Active Member

Who was better? Which is ranked higher all-time?

Tags:
  2. Dracule Mihawk Untouchable

Lebron. Lebron is probably top 5 all time. Kobe is borderline top 10.

3. JiraiyaFlash Satô no Kyoki

If you look from the perspective of skills , fundamental and mentality

Kobe probably has more skills, has far better fundamentals and his mentality not good for a franchise player but still better than LeBron.

But ıf you look from the perspective of the acheivements ... Yeah LeBron passed him like 3-4 years ago.

IMO; both of them is not belongs to Top 10 but from general opinion LeBron would sit in top 7 ... But Kobe cant.

4. demaMlaJ Active Member

5. JiraiyaFlash Satô no Kyoki

First of all this is only my opinion. It aint have to be true.

But ı have these main reasons for excludin him from Top 10 (or at most Top 8)

1st - The Era he excels int it is one of the weakest for NBA.
    2nd - His efficiency rating not aint reflect enough on his win/share stats and his win/lose stats
    3rd - He always rely one great supports (this is actually the main agenda of the sports media lately)
    4th - Without acheivements and all that numbers his game, style is not likeable like T-Mac, Carter, Jordan, Wilkins, Dr. J..
    His dunks are standart and not creative, his never shows circus lay-ups on purpose like Kobe, Jordan or Carter did. His perimeter defensive skills are pretty bad due to his size and athleticism.
    5th - He always protect by NBA. (You can check out how not called his two winner shot attempts with obvious travel against Washington Wizards or what just happened against Spurs in the finals..
    6th- His mental issues when he faced with any pressure. (2011 Finals, 2015 Finals, Last Week, 2007 Play-offs, last week, etc,etc)

So to me ; (without any order) Jordan, Kareem, Hakeem, Wilt, Russell, Bird, Magic, Duncan, still looks better on general terms and reputation.. And ı can think Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Dr. J (with his ABA numbers and acheivements), Shaq, Isıah Thomas, Elvin Hayes, Dirk Nowitzki over Lebron. But these one are close ones but the first 8 name ı listed is just obviously better than LeBron on general terms.

6. demaMlaJ Active Member

*LeBron James can play in any era of basketball, nobody has seen his blend of size, speed/athleticism, and Magic-like instincts in league history until he came into the league.

*He has one of the highest win/loss % in league history (minimum 5 reg. season games, 5 post-season games) what are you talking about?

*Who cares about style? As long as you get buckets it's good. At his peak (2012-2013) he was one of the best help-defenders in the league!

*Jordan, Kobe were given similar treatments.. It's called superstar treatment, everyone gets this not just him..

Jordan? Debateable. Hakeem? No. Wilt? Debatable. Russell? No. Bird? Hell no. Magic? No. Duncan? Debateable. Dirk? No. Shaq? No.

Please come back with FACTS not opinions sir.

7. JiraiyaFlash Satô no Kyoki

Playing at different era aint just about "body". Oscar Robertson has better body than Iverson but ı dont think Oscar gonna score 30 every night in 2003 ?!

And LeBron's physicall attiributes always oveerrated.. Yes he has great physical mix for the sport's itself he hasnt so much skill so yeah he have to something special at the physical side.

I care and NBA fans (used to be) .. Its not about numbers its not about having a virtual fantasy player ?! Game's itself, own core was also important to people but your generation sadly didnt know that..

And at beginng of my first post ı said "In my Opinion he doesnt belong to top 10 but from the perspective of general yeah maybe top 7" and then ay my second message again ı said "this is all my opinion" So you dont able to understand what you read ?!

I never saw Kobe or Jordan actin fool for gettin the faul call :) Terrible acting
    Or ı dont remember any game winner of Jordan or Kobe so obvious travels.
    Kobe and Jordan kinda guys who try to intimidate referees not whining to them. Look at Jordan Vs Pistons, Jordan Vs Knicks, Jordan Vs Pacers play-off series.. Do you really see any superstar treatment ?! Nope !!.

Good day to you kiddo, you lose my interest and showed me how delusional you are in terms of basketball history.

Im already said "from general opinion ı can see him at top 7" and thats a huuuuge honor to him. And you even be contented with it :D :D Like LBJ never be contented with a team :D

8. demaMlaJ Active Member

He was 6'5"/220lbs he would definitely abuse most PG's in the league in 2003, but wouldn't be as dominate because of level of competition. Robertson > Iverson!

Kobe was always actin' a fool when he didn't get a call, don't start that and Jordan never had too because he was always given ghost calls

9. JiraiyaFlash Satô no Kyoki

By reputation yes.. But this isnt what ım give him as example.. I just try to say good body measurement is not good enough for being able to play in many different areas.. LBJ never played against handcheck, Triangle Zone + Double Team (3+2) to Star Player type of defences, didnt play in a competitive and tough era.. And he always goes to the finals so easily due to how weak 2000s and 2010s eartern conference is ? So nope LeBron aint gonna able to do the samethings in 80s and 90s.. But many arguments from many players and coach says ;"Jordan would be scores 45 per game". But ı never heard from anyone "LeBron woul be scores 35 per game in 80s " So thats why ı said those things and thats why ı gave the example of Robertson..

Like ı said before, this is all my opinion.

I never see Kobe or Jordan tumbles on the floor for overacting :D :D That kind of scenes are look really embarrising.

10. demaMlaJ Active Member

Jordan didn't do anything until Magic/Bird were exiting the league. Does this mean Jordan couldn't win in their era? (which he didn't)? No, he just didn't have the players around him or the right coach to get them over the hump.

Has Jordan/Kobe faced anyone in the finals/CF on the same level as the Spurs, Warriors? No! Jordan can score all he wants, if he was put on the Bulls of today he would get beat by the Cavaliers led by LeBron!

11. demaMlaJ Active Member

In 2014/2015, the only reason why Kawi/Iguodala won MVP was because they were guarding LeBron and limiting him to 30/7/6 which are historical #'s lol, while the rest of the team sucked it up

12. JiraiyaFlash Satô no Kyoki

Again the comment that nothing about what ı just said and ıninterested

Jordan won 1x time steel leader
    Jordan won 1x nba championship
    1x time all-star mvp
    2x mvp
    2x time finals mvp
    5xtime scoring leader
    1x roy
    1x Best Defensive Playerof the year Award
    2x IBM Best profitable player award
    2x Olympic Gold Medal
    numberous of time all-nba team and all-star selections
    2x Slam Dunk Championship
    2xNBA Championship.

This is Jordan's resume until Magic and Bird retire in 92 officialy .. And I never said; "LeBron didnt do anything until Kobe, Pierce, Carter, T-MAc gets old thats why he cant play in 90s" I didnt meant that or even said that.

I think he cant play cuz he dont know body contact, physical plays, cant able to carry mentaly. Plus handcheckin, Constant Double Team (both thing is illegal now).

Dummest thing ı ever heard.. So only LeBron faced with hard teams ha ?!

92 Portland probably whoop today's San Antonio's ass :D :D 91 Lakers with Magic ?! james Worthy, Bryon Scott, Vlade Divac, A.C Green oh my god :D :D That kid is funny :D

93 Phoneix -> Kevin Johnson (90s russell westbrook with a better shooting) , Tom Chambers (80s Blake Griffin), Dan Majerle (Kyle Korver x 2), Charles Barkley 1993 MVP. LeBron never faced with a MVP in the finals and beat him ? Curry ? :D Jordan did it twice and Barkley and Malone's finals / play-off numbers per game is far better than Curry's play-off numbers..

96 Sonic have 3 all-star. , 97 Utah is a oiled machine as like 98.

Do you really think only big teams just come and faced with LeBron.. :D You talking like NBA History begin with LeBron since 2003 Draft ?! :D :D OMG :D

Cuz he is damn good not cuz his opponents are soft :D :D OMG :D

There is no handcheck there is no constant DB Team, they have softer league and 3 seconds rule in painted area :D These rules help tp LeBron score that he wants. Cuz they cant touch him due to rules after 2012 lockout.

AFter that lockout many mid level players looks like stars.. Curry, DeRozan and stars become superstars -> Westbrook, James Harden etc etc.

:D :D :D

Let me pictured for you.

This cavaliers see 2 finals due to weak eastern conference (in 90s and 80s League was balanced cuz team number is just 24-26 and more franchise players) and still only take one of them... And he take one of them cuz of INjuries of Warriors.

Now Warriors have Durant :) .. And Cavaliers (currently) lost 8 game in last 11 game and LeBron starts to whining about he needs a better team and they need a playermaker (even both the fact about the existence of both Kyrie and himself' :D )

He have 2 current all-star. And anyone he wants get payed in 2016 summer. J.r Smith, Shumpert, Korver, .. The Team is powerfull. But LeBron is too chicken to try his chance with this team.. That happens before and he gone to the Miami :D Now happens again..

Jordan never want a star player from other team for playing with :) Case Closed ! :D Good day kiddo.

13. demaMlaJ Active Member

Without LeBron, the CAVS sucked it up lol after they got LeBron they are no longer the laughing joke of the league and are champions now. When LeBron beats these Warriors he will be officially the GOAT!

14. Ghost_of_Gashir Gesy is a big fat gay

Russia, Colombia
    Kill yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. randomsurfer Ryu-san

Kobe is better than Lebron. I firmly believe that you can only compare players by their achievements, not by their supposed talent and how far it will take him. Lebron may one day get his 4th ring or fifth or get the highest scoring record, but until then, he still doesn't have them and still falls short of Kobe.

16. mcpon14 Well-Known Member

As many professional commentators have said: "Kobe seems as if he can will the ball in" to some degree, of course, but that hasn't been said about Lebron. :)

17. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

LeBron is also an ahole. Just a passive agressive one.

RAAAAAAANNNGS is incredibly reductive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Mider T VM Zombie

Why is this not in the Basketball section?

19. mcpon14 Well-Known Member

Who else considers getting to the Finals and winning a Championship the same thing? :)

20. ~VK~ The King

21. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

Care to elaborate?

Compared to what threads from waht bball forum?