1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Kobe Demands Trade

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Countach, May 30, 2007.

1. Countach

he asked for it today durring an interview on espn radio 1050

lets just hope hes a bull next year:p

Tags:
  2. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

That's not so surprising given the drama that's been going on between Kobe and the Lakers the last few weeks.

But whoever gets Kobe will have to give up essentially their entire roster. And Kobe should stay in the west! :yell

3. Countach

kobe needs to go to the east to offset the balance between the leagues

and the heat wont win anything soon Jc

4. ComputerFriendly

Seriously though, I understand why he wants to be traded and I'm sure a lot of teams would like to get him, but I wonder what would be a reasonable price for him?

5. Portgas D. Ace

6. Nice Gai

I just told my brother this and he is about to cry its so bad right now. LOL! My brother loves Kobe and the Lakers. His wardrobe is Purple yellow and white.

7. ssj2yugi

i'm surprised anyone wants him. All he does is showboat and ballhog. He's worse than Allen Iverson when it comes to that aspect

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  8. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

I never said anything about the Heat :oh

and Kobe needs to stay in the west, IMO, and I have no ulterior motive :noworry

9. Supa Swag

Kobe needs to go to the east to help balance this lopsided force that resides in the West. Each year the West ends up with the most talent and now Kevin Durant and Greg Oden is going to the West as well, the East needs new 6lood. Kobe being the best 6lood would help the East greatly with his presence.

11. Jin22

It'll be Bulls' second coming if Kobe goes to Chicago. I'll cross my fingers for that.

@ Laz-Z-Boy: your sig, can't--stop---looking. I know that's that chick from Petey Pablo's video. She takes being sexy beyond sexiness...and then some.

12. LayZ

Kobe is just really pissed off right now. I seriously doubt he's going to be traded. If you're the Lakers you can't get equal value for the best player in the league. Plus he is still under contract right now and the Lakers don't have to do it.

13. rockstar sin

Kobe was denying that he demanded a trade for a whole week and was under the scrutiny of the world with the Shaq mess, but I have the upmost respect towards him for wanting to leave. Jerry Buss did a shady ass move and he wants out. He still has 2 years left in his contract so the Lakers can say fuck your feelings, your not going anywhere. Oh and Kobe is the only player in the league with a no trade clause.

Stephen A. Smith: I'm going to ask you one last time. Is there anything that the Lakers organization can do to make you want to stay here.

Kobe: No

14. Vince Johnson

i wish he goes to the knicks but they dont have the chips to trade for a superstar like kobe

chicago is probable. they have good, young players that would go well with rebuilding...

15. Molekage

i officially hate kobe bryant now. hes fucked over the lakers too many times in the past decade.

send him to the east, get us picks, make him pay

16. Jaga

i'd want kobe stay in the lakers... they need to get ron artest and garnett in their to help kobe...

if they do trade him... trade him to new jersey! vince carter, jason kidd, richard jefferson, and kobe bryant on the same team...yAY!

but staying with the lakers and getting better players (artest, garnett) would be better...

17. Violent-nin

It would be so weird to see Kobe in a different uniform than a L.A Lakers one, but if he does somehow get traded I wouldn't mind at all, it would really "shake" things up.

Lakers better make some moves in the off-season, or they might not even make the playoffs next year. :notrust

18. rockstar sin

Like I said in my post and ESPN just confirmed it for me, the Lakers organization said they will not trade Kobe. Would Kobe say fuck it and sit out a whole year, I doubt that because he loves ball too much, and he's getting 19 mil next year.

19. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

Well, as many have mentioned before Kobe isn't going anywhere for a number of reasons.

1. Kobe can't opt out of his contract until the end of the 2008-09 season.

2. He would come back if Jerry west comes back, so it seems like a ploy.

3. Bulls don't have anything of equal value for Bryant.

4. Kobe is the only show in town for LA, so they would have to be on drugs to even entertain thoughts of trading him.

Essentially Bryant is their until the end of 08-09, whether he likes it or not.

20. Molekage

and then kobe just pulled a ron artest. phil smacked some sense into him. good for phil.

also, heres an immensly entertaining article by simmons

21. rockstar sin

Jerry West will never be a part of the Lakers organization ever again. Kobe really sleepwalking if he thinks that's going to happen. Hopefully they make some good off-season moves and rebuild the team they said they was going to do. I still say try and get either B.Diddy, KG, Paul Pierce, or Jermaine O'Neil.

22. KrazyNaruto

I love how Kobe = only NBA news right now even though we are in the midst of the CFs. Kobe = NBA. Lakers better not screw Kobe or LA over by trading him.

23. Molekage

kobe is much more interesting than the conference finals, because the champions are basically already crowned. gg, piston, cavs, utah.

24. Jaga

That's the only one I think would be beneficial for both sides and for the fans...of course T-Mac isn't Kobe... but hes the closest thing out there. And since Lakers will have a whole bunch of cap room in the 08 offseason they can add some good players around T-Mac

But If that trade materializes though, as long as they stay healthy, it'll be over for the league... Yao and Kobe...omg...thats a powerful combo...second to only Shaq and Kobe....excluding Yao, the Rockets had a better supporting cast then the Lakers... and the Lakers made it to the first round...so if Kobe goes to Houston then the Rockets will own the league...

i feel so excited :)

25. Yakuza

26. Jaga

lol...your right Molekage, Spurs will win...

but all the teams playing now lack that marquee superstar that makes it fun to watch the game...D.Wade/Shaq from Heat, Kobe from Lakers, Kidd/Carter/Nets, T-Mac/Yao from Rockets AI/Melo from Nuggets... this years finals are probably going to have the lowest ratings ever... sure Duncan is still there but hes not fun to watch, and LeBron enters choke city when the game is on the line so hes not even worth watching...

so of course when superstar Kobe talks its a much much bigger deal then whats going on the b-ball court... take me for example...i haven't even thought to watch basketball since nets got knocked out... i hadn't even gone to espn.com until today after i saw 'Kobe Demends Trade' when i logged out of Hotmail...

27. Molekage

i just listened to a clip of the radio talk show. kobe sounded like he was going to cry, like he was at the end of the line and really didn't want to say it, but had to. i feel bad for him now. :trytocry

meh, as long as kupchak gets canned for this i'll be happy. that guy is an idiot.

28. rockstar sin

Now Kobe Bryant backed off the trade request because him and Phil Jackson had a emotional talk. Yeah, now I don't give a damn anymore.

29. Yakuza

Now everybody hates him even more.. :mad

30. Molekage

i'm surprised how much love hes getting from the sportswriters. they generally thrash him for blowing up the lakers after 04. i haven't heard anything bad about him from the press