1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Konoha Battle Royale (w/o cheese)

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by jkingler, Jun 14, 2005.

1. jkingler

I am curious who you all think would be the last ninja alive if Konoha turned into the new locale for Battle Royale.

Rules:

-Pick only from the characters we have thus far
    -Base your decision only on the powers, skills, and jutsu they have shown so far
    -Future talk (please note this, sharingan, byakugan, and Akatsuki fans) will be seen as lame, stupid, and unfair. If it hasn't been shown yet, don't base your opinion on this.

That said, who do you think would be the last nin standing?

Spoiler: My vote
    I vote for Konohamaru, since he would throw a blanket over himself and hide. Nobody would EVER find him! :omg

But honestly, I think that Itachi, based on what we have seen so far, would win. Kakashi can't match him, Oro is afraid of him, and other than that, the rest is supposition.

He fled Jiraiya, but there is no definitive proof that Jiraiya can beat him. The other Akatsuki are undoubtedly stronger, but we haven't seen them fight so I can't vote for them either.

Based on existing evidence, I say Itachi wins.

Let the battle begin.

Tags:
  2. Gooba

Are we allowed to use dead ones? What about Oro? If so, this is obviously only going to include the Sannin, Sandaime, Yondaime, and Itachi, everyone else has no chance (since future Naruto isn't allowed). Of those I think Sandaime is the best if he is in his prime, if not then Yondaime.

3. jkingler

You can use Sandaime, but would you really want to? We never saw him in his prime. We only saw him in his old age, when he lost, but I must admit he was still pretty kick-ass, even then.

Yes, you can use Oro or any Sannin. We have seen them, so why wouldn't you be able to? They probably have a good shot at winning.

About Yondaime: all we have seen him do, really, is flicker around a lot and then a lot of nins were out of commission. If you think flickering would help keep him alive, then by all means, vote for him :p

4. Gooba

I think being able to hold his own at 68 in a 3v1 makes him seem likely to be able to handle himself well in a 1v1v1v1(repeat 100 times). I wasn't sure about using Oro because he went to Sound.

I think Tsunade also has a great shot, even more than the other Sannin/Itachi because of her healing. In this you are going to get roughed up a lot, so that might be a huge advantage in a big brawl.

Yondaime's flicker seems ideal for this, because he can have definite getaway plans from a sticky situation, then come right back in ready to fight.

5. jkingler

All good points. So who do you vote for? You can only choose one, Goobs :p

And to counter Tsunade, I think Itachi could hurt her in ways she isn't trained to heal. I don't think she knows self-psychiatry no jutsu.

6. MartialHorror

Orochamaru. Why? He'd summon manda.

I'd say Itachi>everyone else but he doesn't seem to have alot of stamina so I dont know if he can summon.

7. Naruto Kyuubi

Itachi isnt a part of Konoha.

Neither is Orochimaru.

8. jkingler

But they did go to Konoha and they did do battle. I say they're in this one.

9. Naruto Kyuubi

well in that case, Itachi will win. He has Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu. That, along with his jutsu speed and his taijutsu, will win against everybody. The only person capable of fighting him almost equally would be either Jiraiya or Orochimaru, and Orochimaru himself said Itachi was stronger than him. And Orochimaru is stronger than Jiraiya.

and Sarutobi wouldnt win against Itachi either, because Orochimaru said "We wouldnt have had any problems had I had Uchiha Itachi originally."

10. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Tsunade wins, because Itachi takes our Orochimaru...somehow... but he's trash to the rest of the Sannin.

And Tsunade is immortal, Jiraiya is not.

If dead people count, Saru for the win.

11. jkingler

But, you have to take into account that, even if it was a kamikaze move, Gai with 8 gates could probably whoop Itachi. But since Gai would die after, Itachi still GMV :p

12. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Gai doesn't need the 8 gates to whoop Itachi.

Either Itachi mangekyous Gai, or Gai beats the shit out of him.

There is no inbetween.

13. MartialHorror

I'd say Itachi without is>Every known ninja.

But I'd say Itachi needs to open 6 gates to defeat him.(i'd say he went overkill with 30% Kisame)

14. Naruto Kyuubi

you so underestimate Itachi

Itachi is Legendary Sannin level. Whether people admit it or not. He's stronger than one of the Legendary Sannin, the one that was said the be the genius of the three.

He can no doubt take on Gai in a taijutsu fight, seeing as how he didnt even try against Sasuke and whooped his ass.

and if Gai were to open all 8 gates, he still wouldnt be able to take on Itachi. Gai had to open 6 gates to fight a 30% chakra Kisame, and Kisame is less powerful than Itachi by a lot (otherwise he wouldnt be so subordinate to Itachi).

and Sarutobi wouldnt be able to take on Itachi, otherwise Orochimaru wouldnt have said they wouldve had no problems had Orochimaru had Itachi's body during the assasination.

15. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Anyone who thinks Itachi is anywhere near the level of the Sannin doesn't understand how the story works.

16. jkingler

I doubt Gai would have to try to kick Sasu's ass at taijutsu. Your point here is irrelevant.
    There's a point. Way to go.

EDIT: KiNK could you clarify? I know what you mean, but some people won't and then this will become an Itachi = sannin level debate.

EDIT 2: See the post below--it's already happening.

17. Naruto Kyuubi

right...good job explaining that theory.

explain to me why Orochimaru said Itachi is stronger than him as well.

(the above directed at Kiri)

and fine...Itachi can outmaneuver Kakashi, as seen when they fought. Gai has been beaten by Kakashi before.

18. Gooba

Itachi is so freaking overrated it isn't funny. Why isn't Kakashi dead? I know Itachi had only 30% of his chakra, but if Itachi>>>God like some say he is, that should be enough to beat one Elite Jounin. Kakashi said he was crazy to think he could compete with Oro, yet he was able to compete with Itachi and win. I know Itachi would beat Oro, but that is just because of their styles. Sandaime as an old man would have destroyed team Kakashi if he met them in the woods, even if he only had 30% of his chakra. Even if he wouldn't, he definitly would do better than getting a kid in a genjutsu for a few seconds before being owned.

Sandaime has my vote, just to make it clear. 3rd>4th>5th>* in terms of probability they would win.

First, A>B B>C is not A>C, if you have been here a week you should know that (EDIT: holy crap, you haven't). Gai's style is perfect for fighting Itachi, Kakashi's is the absolute worst (yet he still beat him in the forest).

19. jkingler

^Not if someone can hide their chakra and hide like a pansy until the whole battle blows over (just like I would try to do. Those SOBs are strong! :omg).

20. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Look, I'm not going to sit here and explain to you about power levels and this > that. I could make a VERY good case for Sannin > Itachi doing that, but I've been doing that for 6 months now. It's depressing.

So look at it this way.

There are 3 characters that matter in Naruto. Narusasusaku.

Itachi and the sannin are nothing but plot devices. Look at the roles they play.

Itachi gives Sasuke a reason to be an asshole, get strong, and betray Konoha to go to Orochimaru.

The Sannin set the ceiling for how powerful a ninja can be. They're the models for the characters that actually matter. Look at Jiraiya. His whole purpose is, besides training Naruto, to explain why someone insanely powerful like Itachi can be after Naruto and not be able to get him. Same with Tsunade.

Seriously, wake up and smell the character roles.

21. Naruto Kyuubi

Itachi didnt want to start a war, if he killed a couple of jounins and a Legendary Sannin, there would be a war.

Itachi wanted to finish things quickly with Kakashi, which is why he used Tsukiyomi. Kakashi was already panting after Itachi used his Bakuretsu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.

and no, im not some huge Itachi fan, my favorite character is Naruto. I for a fact...despise the Uchiha's. But i admit that they are strong.

EDIT: Kiri...you cannot look at character battles in the Battledome from a story point of view. That's just stupid. If I based everything on story, I'd say "OMG Naruto will so totally pwn all because he's the main character".

22. Gooba

If you are talking about everyone at their peak, then that is perfectly valid.

All he needed to do was beat 1 Sannin, with Kisame's help, to get away with his goal. He wouldn't even need to kill him, just distract him enough to grab Naruto and run. He couldn't, so he ran. Itachi himself said Jiraiya>Itachi+Kisame, so take his word for it.

23. Kabuto003

Yondaime, Itachi wouldn't have much of a chance. When he used Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu together in one day he looked as if he was going to pass out.

24. jkingler

@Kiri: Your character role point holds some water, especially considering this battle is based on what has happened and not what will happen.

To NK: I also hate the Uchihas, but mostly because of their fanbase. But Itachi vs Jiraiya ended in Jiraiya's favor. How do you account for that?

I think Itachi would lose to Jiraiya, but I also think Jiraiya would try to beat Oro and get himself killed, leaving Itachi the strongest remaining. Remember, Tsukiyomi can't be healed--it is mental damage.

And why didn't I go into Itachi vs Oro? Because Oro is afraid of Itachi, so either a) he wouldn't attack him first or b) Oro would be substantially weakened by Jiraiya and get killed.

25. Naruto Kyuubi

no he didnt. He shut off Sharingan, that's it.

Kisame said, when they were facing Jiraiya, that they didnt think that the genjutsu-entranced-woman would hold off Jiraiya for long. Therefore, Kisame and Itachi were prepared to fight Jiraiya. They ran because Itachi used 2 Tsukiyomi's already, and wasnt at his best to fight Jiraiya.

note, Itachi and Kisame were ready to fight Jiraiya even after Itachi used Tsukiyomi once.

EDIT: jkingler, Itachi and Jiraiya didnt even fight, so there was no "Itachi vs Jiraiya ended in Jiraiya's favor"

26. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Kakashi and Sasuke are glad you're wrong.

Look, Kakashi ran into Itachi twice. Both times, he was confident of victory. The first time, he was doing well... despite what people like to think... which is why Itachi resorted to the Mangekyou, his last resort. He couldn't beat Kakashi normally.

The second time, he was equally confident of victory, Mangekyou and all.

If that was Orochimaru standing there, he would not be making noises about winning. He would be telling Naruto, Sakura and Chiyo to run like hell, and hope he could hold Orochimaru off for a couple of minutes.

Itachi=Elite Jounin

Sannin=untouchable.

27. Naruto Kyuubi

he could. Kakashi was already panting when Itachi used Tsukiyomi, Itachi was unfazed against any of Kakashi's attacks.

the second time was because he knew he shouldnt look into Itachi's eyes, even with his own sharingan.

28. IronFist Alchemist

Didn't Kakashi state that he couldn't handle Itachi on his own? I think chapter 250 something...

29. lucky

WINNER: Orochimaru. I don't necessarily think that he's the strongest, but he's probably the only one willing to/able to use Kuchiose to bring two or maybe three ex-Hokages back in the fight to fight with him.

That would be 4 Kage level fighters in one team in a battle royale. Orochimaru would take it fo sho.

Itachi i don't think will win. He's damn strong, but his limited stamina won't be able to handle using Amaratesu (sp, i know) and Tsukiyomi that many times. This is a battle royale, after all. More than just that, he hasn't really displayed any real capability to do effective mass destruction, which would be much more practical in a battle royale.

It's not a tournament where he gets to rest after each battle. Plus just using the Mangekyou one time and he's already drained.

Helllll if Gaara was in on it and there was sand around i'd say he'd do even better than ITachi.

30. KuwabaraTheMan

Tsunade wins, for reasons that would be aparent to anyone with even a basic understanding of Naruto.