1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Korean Dramas

Discussion in 'Television' started by mary no jutsu, Jul 20, 2005.

1. mary no jutsu

who here watches korean dramas if you do then your cool.
    well heres my list:

dramas:
    winter sonata
    lovers in paris
    full house
    beautiful days
    autumn in my heart

movies:
    my sassy girl
    my tutor friend
    my little bride
    too beautiful to lie
    a moment to remember(i don't like this cause it makes me cry so much)
    windstruck
    il mare
    marrying the mafia

gosh i know i've watched so much more but i can't remember.

YEAH LETS HAVE A K-DRAMA DISCUSSION

Tags:
  2. Wierd Divide

I really liked OldBoy- good drama, enhanced by an awesome soundtrack and nice plot twists. I can't wait for his next movie to complete his revenge trilogy- Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.

3. mary no jutsu

lol all i've ever watched are sappy k-dramas that make you cry. i'd like to watch old boy and sympathy for lady vengance but my aunt (my k-drama supplier) doesn't liek those types of movies so i'm stuck watching really sad dramas and comedies. but the stuff i watch is still really good.

4. Blitzomaru

I love my sassy girl! One of the best comedy/dramas I've ever seen.

5. mary no jutsu

i know don't you just love the part where there in the subway and their palying the left foot right foot game. after watching that movie me and my friends play that alot.

6. lucky

My sassy girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> my tutor friend.

I found tutor friend kinda dumb actually. But just my opinion.

7. iaido

I don't really watch Korean dramas. I've only seen Winter Sonata and School (Hak Kyo <--- damn Romanization).

8. Blitzomaru

9. mary no jutsu

lol i love saying wanna die to my guy friends its so fun and they actually listen to me.

iadido you watched winter sonata did you cry alot cause i did. thats like may favourite series i even have the polaris neckalace that joon-sang gave to yujin.

and yeah joe-sama your right my sassy girl is alot better than my tutor friend. but then my tutor friend has KWON SANGWOO. and it has him with his tshirt off. you can't deny his hotness.MUST WATCH STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!!!

10. iaido

I didn't cry. I honestly can't cry during movies unless it happened to be so terrible.

11. leebermeister

I saw the movie Volcano High. It was freekin sweet!

12. mary no jutsu

i thought it was terrible when joonsang lost his eyeshight and yujin went back to him after all that time. that was so beautiful

you know i watched that when they showed it on mtv long long time ago. and back then i didn't know it was a made in korea. lol i wanna rewatch it again cause i found out kwon sangwoo was in it. but since it was so long ago i don't remember who he was.

13. Nihao

One of my fav. is "Oldboy"! Waiting for the third one. ;)
    "Memories of Murder" was good too.
    I liked "My Sassy girl" but found "Windstruck" too sad. :crying
    "Il Mare" was nice too.
    Oh and... "100 days with Mr. Arrogant" is really good too, but it's a comedy. :amuse

14. iaido

I meant terrible as in why did I spend my money to watch this crap as was the case for Titanic.

15. mary no jutsu

wow you must have not really like it.... ok i feel bad for talking about it then if you didn't like it that much. sorry.

16. Kuchiyose[NO]Jutsu

I haven't really watched that much Korean dramas but I've watched Full House <3, My Sassy Girl, Volcano High and of course Il Mare <3 all are wonderfull. Especially Il Mare, I really love that movie. :amuse and the series Full House! :smile-big Any other good Korean Drama movies that any of you would like to recommend? :)

oh and I heard that they're making an American version of Il Mare starring Keanue Reeves and Sandra Bullock (unless the casting changed) and that its going to set in Chicago.

17. mary no jutsu

i know i read that sandra bullock and keanu reeves are gonna be in il mare. when i found tat out i was mad. can you imagine sandra bullock playing as jun jihyun's character. gaaaaaaaah. oh well i'll post jun jihyuns pic up.

did you know there also making an american version of my sassy girl. can you imagine someone american saying "wanna die" like jun jihyun. noooooooo.

yay i found some one on this forum that watches full house. AJA AJA FIGHTING

18. Personal Jesus

Uhh.. I think I've seen "Beautiful Days". Is that the one with the two orphan sisters forced to separate from one another after the elder one found a job in the city? Damn, that show kicked ass.

19. Kiie-chan

Well I've seen quite a lot of Korean series except there are some I can't remember...:sweatdrop

Dramas:
    Winter Sonata
    Stairways to Heaven
    Da mo
    Dae Jang Geum
    My Love Patzzi
    My Fair lady
    Firebird/Phoenix
    Autumn Story
    Summer Scent
    Spring Day
    Memories in Bali
    Lovers in Paris
    Land of Wine
    Beautiful days
    Hotelier

Movies:
    Windstruck
    100 Days with Mr. Arrogant
    Romance of their own (I highly recommend this one!)
    Oh Happy days
    One Shot
    My little bride

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  20. Naruto Uzamaki

ahh...... korean dramas.... usually always the sad stuff. i saw summer scent- (the whole season spring-winter), my little bride, and windstruck. all so very good...

21. Iijyanaika

hangook saram?? i love yupgi yojah, nae yojah chingoo rul so gae habnida, and nae mori sok oo-i ji oo gae, shi wol ae. i haven't been able to see any of the tv dramas :( but i want to buy an autumn story, paris, full house, and stairway to heaven, i hear those are really good :D

please teach me english is good as well(yong o wan jon jong bok)

22. mary no jutsu

yeah i know that show was really good the only thing i didn't like was when lee byung hun(forgot his name in the series) always was getting so close to choi ji woo (forgot her name to) and when shina was so mean to her.

watching sweet 18. gosh i love this series i only have 4 more episodes its so cute. LEE DONG GUEN AND HAN JIHYE FOREVER.

started watching summer scent. it seems ok. gosh son yejin is so beautiful in it. i was so surprised to see hanjihye in it. with orange hair.

i'm so happy because i found a store that sells korean dramas YAY.

23. sakura1025

omg i love korean dramas!!! got hooked on them when i was in 5th grade!!! i really do like my sassy girl, and my tutor friend and my other favorite was 100 days with mr.arrogant, i also have watched ill mare,windstruck,a moment in time, i watched more but im unsure with the titles hehe. for korean dramas i loved full house! bi is one of my favorite actors! i've watched summer scent,winter sonata, and stair way to heaven with kwon sang woo! ^_^ hehe i love him too!!! i really want to watch attic cat but im not sure what its about does anyone watched it before? i heard it was similar to full house.

24. G. Hawke

Have seen most of the series mentioned here.
    Problem is, i tend to stop halfway cause they bore the crap out of me.
    So does that count as have watched or not watched?
    :D

25. mary no jutsu

well althor i guess that counts

sakura1025: i know bi is so hot at first when i was watching full house i was like what the hell i expected his voice to be higher and its like one of the deepest voices i have ever heard. i love it when he smiles and laughs. and oh my gosh when i heard him sing i was so surprised it made me love him even more. and who cares if attic cat is alot like full house(haven't watched attic cat though want to cause kim raewon is in it) say it with me sakura1025 AJA AJA FIGHTING!!!

Iijyanaika: i know ive heard please teach me english is good i really wanna watch it.

26. meatpie

I recommend "save the green planet"...
    Must see.

27. Personal Jesus

Yah, I thought the little orphan sister character was a little too bitchy to the lead actress, but I guess it works well in the end when you finally see them on good terms again.

I also liked the whole sibling rivary they had going with the main record executive dude and his younger internet singer bro. Plus, the whole triangle they had with the lead actress was very well done, too.

28. mary no jutsu

yeah shina was so mean i still can't get over that. i liked the end alot it made me feel alot better. question shina orange hair or shina black hair. i like her with orange hair.

29. chibi_kakashi

well, as korean dramas (or koreanovelas, as they are called here) are a big thing here in the philippines i've seen (and enjoyed) a few of them. :smile-big

Lovers in Paris - super funny. i think this was the most popular.
    Memories of Bali - nice chemistry among the characters. tragic ending though.
    Save the Last Dance for Me - i think it has a slightly different real title; the lead actress is really pretty - i like her.
    Stained Glass - it was ok in the beginning, then it became dragging.. i didn't like it.
    Oh! Feel Young - i'm watching this currently, really funny (funnier than Lovers in Paris). it's geat.

Meteor Garden, this is not korean however, is probably the most popular asian series here (of all time.)

30. mary no jutsu

wow chibi kakashi your so lucky getting to watch kdramas on tv. i wish i could go back to the philipines miss it bunches....

well i just recently got new movies so i have to watch a tale of 2 sisters (first kroean horror movie) and 100 days with mr. arrogant YAY.