1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Korean language learning thread [Learn Korean!]

Discussion in 'Foreign Languages' started by hinata_kirei, Jun 28, 2005.

1. hinata_kirei Death Bell

I don't know much Korean but I sure as would like to! If there are any people here who know Korean please help me learn!

Tags:
  2. I ARE 1031 Member

Hinata! Don't learn too many languages at once. It is probably bad.

3. hinata_kirei Death Bell

나는 의견이 맞지않다 :p

4. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

I would love to learn some Korean! I teach all Korean kids for my job right now :) If anyone can tutor us, I would be very grateful!

5. hinata_kirei Death Bell

And Korean is just as relavent to Anime and Manga and stuff.
    Has anyone here read Kiss me Kill me or Ragnarok?
    Did I love listening to Korean music? The Trax Boa and Se7en are AWESOME!
    Kdramas are good too.

6. Kiie-chan tsumetai yume~

I've read "Kill Me Kiss Me"! I thought it was really good and I also listen to Korean music! You should check out "DBSK" or Dong Bang Shin Gi, they sing good and look good too! I recommend you should check this site if you're interested: Bleach Jump Festa 2004.

Oh! And if you can, please come join the Korean FC or Korean Dramas/Movies FC!

I wanna learn Korean too...The only 2 words I know are:
    Yaksok - promise
    Chingoo - friend

7. ItachiUchihaAnbu Akatsuki Master

Well...I'm South Korean, but I was born in the U.S. so I don't know that much Korean..I went to Korean church which helped me learn some, but I quit and that was years ago..I only know very little basic terms..

8. hinata_kirei Death Bell

Even those basic terms would help. Please help us!

Here is a site i have been using.

I wish I could find a better one.....

9. Procyon Loveless

This thread is teh pawn.
    I'm going to learn how to own Kim Jong Eew with his own native tongue.

10. ItachiUchihaAnbu Akatsuki Master

His name is spelled differently actually, besides, he's North Korean.

11. daihong55 New Member

Hey wow! That's exactly how I am! I live in California right now, where do you live? I quit church school but I came back recently.
    Korean is very different from English, it would help you understand Korean a lot more easily if you got some information about the culture. Like for instance the family tree is more complicated, there's a word for "uncle" in English, but in Korean it would be "big" uncle or "little" uncle depending on how old they are compared to your own dad. Also sentences are formed in a different way. If you wanted to say "I like apples" you would have to word it as "I apples like" in Korean. Letters make up semi-words and a few semi-words make a whole word and a few whole words make the sentence (phew).

I hope that helps a little in your overall learning of Korean.

12. Kiie-chan tsumetai yume~

Thanks for that Daihong55! :amuse I found out a little abt the sentence structure but I can only say bassic sentences like I want... and I like... kinda sentences...I'm using that website that Hinata Kirei uses and I'm currently stuck on the hangul...IT'S SOO HARD! :crying

13. Kiie-chan tsumetai yume~

I'm REALLY sorry for double posting but I had to say something...We're not really getting anywhere are we? I found a website that teaches Korean quite thoroughly and I can almost wrrite hangul fluenttly now! It's at LoD's but you have to go to the forrum andd click on "Korean chat" and then "Learn Korean". There's alot of info that you'll finbdd very useful!

14. mgrace Guess Who's Back?!?!?!

There is a Guy on Narutofan who is very good at Korean... Because he taught me mor in 3 hours than my lecturers did at uni for 3 years...

Should I get him to come and give some lessons... But before you learn you must learn Hangul... Korean Characters.. It's pretty easy it only gets hard sometimes when you read because there are some rules..

????

15. Kiie-chan tsumetai yume~

That'd be great mgrace! :laugh

16. iaido Elitist Asshole

I know Korean. It's not that hard of a language, it's about as easy as Spanish IMO but then again, I grew up with it.

17. mysterious_w Smarter than you.

WE use korean commands in my TKD class, so here's so stuff I know:

Numbers
    One Hana
    Two Tul
    Three Set
    Four Net
    Five Tasot
    Six Yosot
    Seven Ilgop
    Eight Yodol
    Nine Ahop
    Ten Yol

Start Shi-Jak
    Stop Goman

The rest are all related to TKD

18. iaido Elitist Asshole

Just if you guys are interested, my middle name is Kyubi/Kyu-bee/Kyuubi. Interesting.

Mysterious w, you forgot joombee :p

19. iaido Elitist Asshole

What does North Korean have anything to do with the language? They speak the same language.

20. Takeru! Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Actually, North Korean and South Korean are starting to slowly seperate in language. Diplomats from Seoul had ordered octopus in a restaurant in Pyong Yang and received squid, with the North Koreans believing that's what they said because the word had changed meanings.

South Korea has also developed a slightly altered form of transliteration, though most people have already been using it.. I'd help out, though I'm poor at reading transliterated Korean and my abilities in the language aren't as good as they should be.

21. siliconrex everyone's grudge

writing korean is very annoying. for example 같다 (to have) has teh same pronounciation as 갓다, 갇다, 갖다 or 갗다 (theyre all prounounced gat da and i forgot what the others meant -.-). anyway if you practice enough its easy to distinguish these kind of things.

22. SchiZoHybriD Completely Random

Gods, I have to keep an eye on this thread to check out people's advices.
    When I was in Korea, people automatically expected I could speak Korean because I was born there. (The fact that I grew up in Norway didn't have anything to say, they seem to think language is in your blood <_<; )

Thankfully, hangul is easy to learn.

23. Takeru! Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Yeah, I had the immigration officer do it to me, even though I was in the line that was all non-Korean residents/citizens. He asked me after he was done how much Korean I knew and I'm just like..=\

24. Iijyanaika Seoul Ghoul

i was born in anniyang, and adopted from seoul >.> wow, didn't know there were soo many hangook saram yogee. annyong! cho nun kim won jin ibneeda. or just jeremy >:B anyone live in florida? aigoo, pigonae :`( bye bye-seyo :D

25. ANBU87 Member

the accent's are diff between the two

I'm korean...but I moved to Canada when i was 5...got whitewashed >_> but i wann relearn korean...I was borin the the city ^_^ Gotta love Seoul. 석진영 입니다. there's no 석's >_>

26. Kiie-chan tsumetai yume~

ANBU87! :squish haven't seen you in ages!

Well so far I know a fair bit of hangul and can read most of it but I still don't understand what I'm reading...:sweatdrop And I find it rather confusing when it somes to characters that have 4 characters in them...any tips on how to remember them easier? Koh mahp soom ni da! (is that correct?....if not, please tell me!)

27. XxShinzouxX l337 Largo Apprentice

Annyeonghasaeyo!!! is the only korean that I know. I quit learning korean because I was discouraged because i wasn't pronouncing it right ^^ Silly isn't it, but I do plan on learning it someday. Annyeong ^^

28. Sho Active Member

Actually I hope to be learning Korean (Hangul right?) soon. I heard if you know Japanese that Korean should be relatively easy to pick up, and vice-versa. But it's kinda strange since when I see some Koreans speak Japanese, many can't pronounce the 'r' and 'sh' sounds perfectly, so I'm guessing that they don't have those sounds in the language...

Anyways, anyone know any good websites to learn more about the language? The alphabet should be tons easier than Japanese so I'm at least glad for that.

29. NarutoUzamaki New Member

hey im not korean but i'm tryin to learn from my friends:
    i noe
    shikuro-be quiet
    anyung-hello
    yabusayo-hello over the phone
    not sure how to spell but othrakaijinaesup
    that is how are you
    and tonkumong-which is a bad word heh later

30. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

I hope the US leave North Korea alone long enogh for a revolution to start. Would be fun to see em get taken out by the same marxist laws* they claim to follow (nothing could be further from the truth).

*= Marx claimed that when a peoples living standard drops below a certain level, a revolution is inevidable. It is throug these revolutions that society evolves, so all dictatorships will eventually "invent" democracy