1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Kuchiki Byakuya vs Urahara Kisuke (Manga spoilers naturally)

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by siedhr, Oct 25, 2005.

Who's

1. Kuchiki Byakuya and his amazing collection of knives

15 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Urahara Kisuke and his fan

73 vote(s)
    78.5%
  3. A tie (dual smexiness ends up annihilating each other)

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. siedhr Stray Cat

So it all started from a similar discussion in the Bleachforums, but I wanted to hear from you people as well and since there was no thread (searched through the forums, didn't find it), I decided to make one.

I'll reserve my comments for a later time since it's more fun to argue. :tem

So in a Byakuya-Urahara battle, who would win?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Yamato (Inactive) Banned

Kuchiki taichou will pwn Urahara quite fast. For example Urahara's Bloodmist Shield can easily be avoided by Byakuya's Senbonzakura.

3. yelin Member

if ichigo can avoid then urahara can aswell, urahara > ichgo > byaguya, i rets my case.

4. Scared Link _

*giiggles*hehe*grins* Lol! Byakuya fighting Kisuke! Rofl! Thats funny...
    ...What bleach n00bs, anyway if I can recall, Ichigo defeated Byakuya. Ichigo got pwned by Yamii . Kisuke thrashed him, easily. So you do the maths, Kisuke is way stronger!

5. NecroAngel Member

Byakuya would most likely win. However, we have not seen Urahara's full capabilities, such as his ban kai. So perhaps my opinion will change in a few chapters.

6. Vegeta Cunt Sammy

I actually believe that Urahara would take this, he has had his Bankai for a longer period of time than Byakuya has, meaning his should be more refined.

It's hard too say really how well eaches technique will work against eachother, so I am just going to go with Expierence and say Urahara.

7. Shingouryu Cutting a path to the future

I'd say Urahara, just because of the fact that he's older and more experianced. Also, I think he'd probably have a very good idea what he's up against, as Yoroichi at least seemed to be acquainted with Byakuga, so its very likely that he knows what he's capable of. Also, we haven't seen all of Urahara's techniques, and we know that Isshin is pretty powerful, and Urahara is friends with him...

8. Viciousness on a Forums Break

Urahara. Just the way manga works it would be a major letdown if he doesnt turn out to be stronger than Ichigo at this point. And Ichigo isnt that much weaker than Byakuya. You dont build up a character then have him turn out to be a total wuss unless its a joke like Mr. Satan. And Im sure Tite knows that.

9. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

He's definitely got more experience than Byakuya. Also, Yoruichi was able to fight with Byakuya quite well, and Urahara is most definitely stronger than Yoruichi.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  10. Viciousness on a Forums Break

yeah he definately gets him on the experience factor seeing as he left over a century ago and Byakuya didnt become captain until in the last half century. But I wouldnt call it solely on age. It just wouldnt make much sense to me plotwise if Urahara isnt stronger. It'd be like theyve been holding back on showing us what he's fully capable of for so long for absolutely no good reason.

11. Sesqoo Good Boy

Even if we don't know much about Urahara, I'm still going with him: Urahara>Byakuya imo.

12. Supreme-Shinobi cba man // cba

im goin with byakuya, even tho we dont know how long urahara has been on earth, you can bet that he hasnt been training anymore cos he aint no captain, he may have gotten alot weaker than he used to be thats why i go with byakuya

13. Wrath Mourning

Urahara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Byakuya

It'd be more but they wouldn't fit.

14. Niabingi Skyentist

I would have to go with Byakuya! cos we have seen more of his power he has a very complete grasp of his power and abilities so he has obviously been using his bankai and shikai for a long time. However true judgement cant be made until we see Uraharas full strength.
    also I really see no point where we can truly say that ichigo and urahara fought for real in the same way that ichigo and byakuya fought and there is no point that shows for definite that Urahara is stronger than Ichigo....
    secondly the fught between ichigo and byakuya was a draw ichigo was more injured than byakuya but byakuyas sword was broken so he gave ichigo the victory it was a verbal act and not a physical one of ichigo whopping him to the point where there is no doubts about who won

15. yelin Member

lol i coul'dnt of said it better my self, reps for ya.

16. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

Byakuya is a child in comparison to Kisuke. Kisuke's a genius with far more experience than Byakuya, plus he has the hat.

17. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life

As mch as I love Urahara, he's going down to Byakuya

18. Hiruma The King has Come!

It'd help if Urahara would show us his Bankai.

19. Gunners .

Kisuke, the dude is stronger than he lets on, he beat that aranacar easily aswell.

20. shrimpus Banned

Urahara must be somewhere close to Byakuya in density. Ichigo's initial moon fang, cracked the bloodmist shield, and would have taken off urahara's arm. However it was completely nullified by the shield. Ichigo's moon fang vs. byakuya went through byakuya's arm and failed to remove it, meaning that if we take the initial assumption as true should ahve taken off byakuya's arm, it didn't meaning that the blast was of equal or lesser power than the one the blood mist shield prevented. Meaning that the defensive power of senbonzakura is less than the bloodmist shield. Given that defensive strength of an abilty directly trasnslates into offensive strength by the law of narrative impertive, the bloodmist wave is of equal or greater power than the moonfang that destroyed senbonsakura. Meaning that if byakuya was to face off against urahara hi shitkai would lose to the others shikai.

In a ban release vs ban release while we cannot say for sure, if your more powerful when you make an intial release than the other guy is, its supposes that your ban release is more powerful.

Further evidence. Through the implied voice of Tessai, Urahara is the strongest of those in his shop. Given that
    Spoiler:
    El Forte is strong enough to take renji, w/o release, means that he is stonger in his baseline that Byakuya. Meanign that Ururu is stronger than Byakuya's baseline and his shikai, and perhaps even approaching his ban release.
    AND Tessai, is capable of incantationless binding arts ranked 99. A rank 90 destructive art, done without incantion was enough to cripple a captain, which was purportedly 1/3 of its power. Meaning that a 90 ranked spell at full power could kill byakuya. Hence a rank 99 binding art would own byakuya, and Urahara is stronger still than tessai.

Hence, Byakuya is a punk and would be punked like very few punks were ever punked in the history of punkdom, by the greatest punk buster who employs punks for the punking of punks who punk other punks, and whom could most likely punk the original punk like any other punk that comes to the punk buster thinking to punk him. Punk.

21. TenshiOni Active Member

I'm willing to bet Urahara is amongst the strongest characters in Bleach - definitly above Ichigo, and thus, above Byakuya.

22. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

and since when is Ichigo above Byakuya?:wtf

Did i miss something important?

The fight ended in a draw just like the Kenpachi one.

So when does a draw mean Ichigo is stronger?:huh

23. ShuiMei Member

I'll go with Urahara on this one, but it's not based on the whole Ichigo > Byakuya argument because even though Ichigo "won" the fight I don't buy that he's stronger than Byakuya.

I still think Byakuya is stronger, I just think Ichigo's will and determination dominated over Byakuya's in the fight :3 Byakuya was underestimating Ichigo throughout the whole fight and Ichigo's "victory" was not an overwhelming one. I personally think part of Byakuya wanted to lose the fight with Ichigo because he didn't really want to kill Rukia and Ichigo made him realize he didn't have to :3

So yeah, Urahara seems stronger just because he's more experienced, I'm assuming he and Yoruichi-san are of the same age, and seeing how she pretty much treated Byakuya like a little brat (they used to play tag together, right?), Urahara would be no different.

24. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

Byakuya is less than ichigo by a good margin. Discounting for a second the fact that Ichigo has a serious 'tude issue in a no holds barred, deathmatch byakuya would lose without really putting up much of a struggle. The fact that Ichigo's speed in ban release mode, AFTER taking a direct hit from Senbonsakura is fast enough to lay the blade against byakuya's throat. The only reason that byakuya could keep up at all was that ichigo's speed was droppping due to the strain of his ban kai, pretty much from the moment he activated it. The moment of his greatest speed was his first.

Now assuming that both of them start the fight with the express intent of killing the other in the most expidient manner possible. IE no postureing explaining or motivations to crush pride or some such as that. So, the two of them both start from ban release. First move. Ichigo removes byakuya's head. Byakuya is dead, match over. Ichigo is fast enough for it, he just didn't for unrelated reasons.

My point of comparison was that the power level of the the bloodmist shield and the bloodmist wave are more than enough to crush the intial realease of senbonsakura. Thus urahara is greater than byakuya in terms of inital release, and even discounting all the other evidence and the like that I cited, plus the anecdotal evidence in the form of narrative convention, reputation and the company he keps, that is good evidence that byakuya would lose.

You have to remember that in terms of power Byakuya aint even in the second tier. He is tier three, which while not loser is not enough. And given that urahara is either in tier one or tier two its nota real contest.

PS.The kenpachi fight has littl/no bearing on Ichigo v. Byakuya. Just FYI.

OH and me= shrimpus. I have two accounts for some reason lost in the mists of time and depending on which set of ID the computer I am at has saved I randoml switch between the two.

25. Lord Yu Active Member

Is there even proof Urahara's more experienced? Do we have a definitive age and career span for either of them. Byakuya could have been around as long as Urahara. I vote Byakuya. Urahara was a research division guy not a fighting division captain. I doubt Urahara fought on the front lines all that often.

26. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

Despite the fact that Urahara has show himself to be a deadly and impressive fighter, who took on Yamii without breathing hard who is most likely between 8th and 10th of the arrancar meaning ie strong enough to crush hitsugaya. And intimidated/created enough doubt that he would win, urquiola who is most likely the 3rd, a position that confers with it the abilty to crush pretty much any captain not Shunsui/Ukitake. A power level that considered BK ichigo nothing, and only slightly overshadowed but not so much at the power of Witchigo? Whom I might point out bent byakuya over and molested him like a choirboy? I mean thats kinda weird...

27. Kent I want to stop the rain...

But..He's tooo strong :iik

28. Wrath Mourning

Urahara had quit being a Captain and fully escaped from the wrath of Soul Society a full fifty years before Byakuya even became a Captain.

29. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I think I'll gamble on Urahara Kisuke for this one. He seems to be more skilled due to the whole Ichigo comparison, unless Byakuya comes back with some improved skills, which wouldn't surprise me since everyone seems to be coming with some really big upgrades so far.

30. Isshin Master of All

I haven't seen Urahara's full capabilities but I say he would win, just basing on teh Theorem that sooner u show your full power the weaker you get. And Kisuke is so relaxed and funny that somehow makes me believe he is even more powerful.