1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Kurosaki Isshin

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by TEK, Sep 3, 2005.

1. TEK Akatsuki

There was just things that I started wondering about Ichigo's dad that I'd like to bring forth. In the manga, in the very first chapter, when Ichigo is bound by the Kidoh but is downstairs looking at the hollow, he sees his sisters are injured as is his dad. His dad appeared to be on the ground bleeding. This wasn't in the anime like this but only in the manga. I was wondering if that was some form of illusion that his dad did since now we know he is a super strong captain class shinigami.

Another thing I've been wondering is how Urahara and Isshin are connected. Did Isshin help Urahara escape and that's why they're both in the human world. Or did Isshin get kicked out of Soul Society for some reason too.

Also when do you guys think Ichigo will find out his dad is a shinigami. I want to say soon but I don't know. Any thoughts on any of these things mentioned.

Tags:
  2. monk3 Ryokan Pride

It could have been that Isshin did not want to compromise his cover so he took the hit, or he did not want to transform with his kids there.

It could have been that Isshin left on his own free will and met up with Urahara at one point. It could be that they were friends in SS and when Urahara decided to leave, he followed, it could also be that Isshin left for romance before Urahara's banishment, and they met up when Urahara came to the human world

Probably when he turns Vaizard in a battle. Or maybe sooner. Hopefully it'll be soon.

3. TEK Akatsuki

I thought about that too, but I don't think he'd have done that if it means his kids could be seriously killed or injured. That's why I want to say it was an illusion or possibly a demon art.

Yea, I don't know. There's so many possibilities. Hopefully we'll find out soon. I mean, they'll most likely discuss how Isshin left SS eventually so I guess it's just a matter of time.

It'd be kinda of cool if Ichigo turns Vizard and has to fight his dad. The only thing is that it might be a while before they'd have to fight. I too hope it'll be soon. It could happen within next 2 chapters depending on the battle between Urahara/Yoruichi vs. Yami/Ulquiola.

4. Wrath Mourning

Well obviously we don't know the truth on these things yet. However, I'd say that regarding Isshin being injured by the Hollow in chapter 1, he walked into the room with Ichigo and Rukia in it, and since we know now that he's a Shinigami obviously he could see Rukia and knew that there was a Shinigami on the premises.

So most likely he took the hit trusting that Rukia would deal with the Hollow and he wouldn't have to do anything.

Also, it's possible that Isshin was unable to transform in such short time, since he probably needs something akin to Ichigo's license or Rukia's glove to do it.

5. k1nj3 Active Member

i think the same way.
    isshin seems to be really confident in his ability, so i think he is as strong as yamamoto or even more, but why was he kicked out of soul society or why did he left????/_,

6. darksage78 Dark Voice

I'm pretty sure that Uehara will spill his past soon. There was probably one giant event that happened in SS that involved Isshin, Uehara and Yoruichi. Hopefully while he does this Isshin will be able to explain how he's managed around in his human form and of course the events that took place in Chapter 1. Which I was pretty confused by as well.

7. Ah B Member

I'm sure Isshin retired or something (for the sake of his wife and children) and didn't escape like Urahara did. Though, they'd need to explain why SS would let him do so. I'm sure Kubo will explain all this soon enough.

As for Isshin lying in pain in the first chapter, I agree with what everybody else said.

And as to when Ichigo will find out about Isshin-Shinigami, it'll most likely be when Ichigo is in trouble, or when he's being taken over (by his hollow side) and is causing rampage to the city.

8. cowabunga2k3 New Member

if you pay attention to the manga, you realize that when u first see ishin he has ichigo's badge >< from what i understand, the badge allows ichigo to become a shinigami, and from the dialogue in the manga i get the feeling that it wasn't that ishin did't want to go shinigami mode, it's that he couldn't. read the manga-rain translations. i think that he coulnd't go shinigami mode without something likie that glove rukia had, or that badge, but he must've sensed the fisher's spirit pressure and saw ichigo's badge :D

9. sokpupet New Member

i still think that isshin was 11th division's former captain.

10. Skoemie Sandaime Skoemie

Isshin left SS about 20 years ago (he hasen't bin a shinigami in 20 years)... I think he left because he fell in Love. He met up with Uruhara because the people from SS where after him and he needed a Gigai that could not be traced so he could live in Peace... this is where they med up and became partners (i think)

11. Crowe inactive - most of the time

At some point Yoruichi says; "Could he really be...?" I take this sentence as Isshin being a powerful shiningimi and that she saw Isshin in Ichigo

12. Guillermo I wear my sunglasses at night

The reason Isshin was on the ground was because he has high spiritual power, not physical power. He can kick ass when he's a shini, but not so much when he's human. And the first time we saw isshin as a shinigami was the first time he was able to transform in twenty years. That means he wasn't able to transform when the hollow cameto their house, and that was why he was on the ground.

13. Kasuke Sadiki Jenius Air

The reason he was on the ground is because he didn't have his powers, if you read the page where he appears as a shinigami it clearly states that his powers have just returned.

14. Sasouke Raikiri ftw

Precisly i thought about when somebody would say that. When he talks with :wink Urahara?? He says that hes powers just came back.

15. Captain Gir Spiral Warrior

we dont know much about isshins or uraharas past....except they were shinigami that are captain class.....as for the manga bleeding and anime not...just the effect that was left out..thats all

16. HumanRage ShonenTard

- Isshin call Urahara "Kisuke"
    - Urahara call Isshin "Isshin-san"
    - his badge on his shoulder is nowhere seen before
    - he is captain-class

My bet : he is royal guard, under cover operation, because Karakura town can be used to make the Royal Key

OMG i'am all covered with dust, this thread is ooooooooooollldd

17. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Isshin is not captain class, captains are Isshin class

18. Captain Gir Spiral Warrior

wow i realized this is an old thread....WHY ARE NOOBS REVIVING OLD AND DEAD THREADS?!?!?!?!

19. StygianGlade The Peanut Butter rooter

Isshin is sadly one of those fantastic mysteries that none can ponder with any accuracy. One of my gripes with Bleach is that the past is rarely elaborated on (but when it is, it delivers); it's all rushing and action. Isshin being a shinigami, the vizards knowing everything about Aizen, the questions Renji was going to ask Urahara--all supremely interesting things all lost in the whirl of battles. I balked at the prospect of a Hueco Mundo arc because all this lovely info would be delayed several months. It's nearly been 100 chapters since his true identity was revealed and his role has been nonexistent. One can develop incredible patience with shounen series.

20. Regner has genital herpes

Yea, when Isshin pwnd Grand Fisher, that was one of the best moments in the Manga for me. It seems like the HM arc is just a way to put off big reveals. I also wanted to know how Isshin and Ryuken are tied together. Kubo is making his own fillers now. Can't wait for HM Arc to be done with.

21. Batman M.I.S.

Because we're told not to make duplicate threads.:oh