1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Legend of Korra Book 4 Episode 12-13 Finale Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Legend of Korra' started by tari101190, Dec 13, 2014.

1. tari101190 Well-Known Member

Legend of Korra Book 4 Episode 12: "Day of the Colossus"

Legend of Korra Book 4 Episode 13: “The Last Stand”

Episode 12 Preview:

[YOUTUBE]H0t2oisR__I[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    Tags:
  2. Overwatch [Yogurt intensifies]

Whatever happens, I just hope there won't be some bullshit time-skip epilogue...

3. tari101190 Well-Known Member

Yeah I just made a thread about unnecessary epilogues in the reader section.

They seem tacky when in the near future.

And I was watching a vid about the importance of prologues/epilogues.

4. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

I love the clip .

5. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

My girl Korra about to whoop dat ass :catsalute

6. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Ah fuck I did it again. Totally forgot to look for your thread.

Looking forward to the fight with Kuvira's mega mecha tank. :hurr

7. tari101190 Well-Known Member

Korra dies. Cut to a baby being born in the earth empire. Cut to Kuvira hearing the baby and seeing a light shine from within the Earth Empire. Cut to Kuvira's smirk. Series ends.

Things presumably follow the same pattern again with a new young Avatar being born in a world dominated by one nation having to unite the world once again. Korra guides them talking about how she failed.

8. Pineapples Rain, rain, go away

I'm hoping for many memorable moments in this finale. Can't wait to see everyone in action. I wonder how they'll take down the colossus. Bataar Jr. will likely inform the crew of its critical weaknesses. I think that some of the spirits will provide assistance as well. I also hope that the ending is satisfactory for Korra and the rest of the characters. Going to miss these guys.

Also, it looked like Asami and Varrick's flying suits were all destroyed :(.

9. tari101190 Well-Known Member

I still think Korra will do a global scale, energy bending thing. Maybe bending the spirit vines or whatever.

10. Bluebeard Classy Gent

My personal prediction is that she separates Republic City and the Earth Empire, similar to what Kyoshi did with Kyoshi Island against Chin the Conqueror.

11. tari101190 Well-Known Member

I don't think that will stop Kuvira wanting the land.

12. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

United States
  13. Bluebeard Classy Gent

No, but it will make it harder for her land troops to attack. Then we can giant Aang statue vs the Colossus at sea.

14. Rolling~Star confused by the new layout

i love how mature Bolin has become over the course of the series

15. tari101190 Well-Known Member

I think Baatar will help to take down the colossus.

16. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

It could. Kuvira's empire is the Earth Empire, and from the looks of it they are a very land based power. Although they do have airships, most of their forces are ground forces, they transport them via trains, and don't see to have much of a naval presence. To fight a war overseas they would have to contend with the powerful navies of the United Republic, Fire Nation, and Water Tribes, and their airships will have to deal with their enemies' respective air forces. Even their super weapon the Colossus travels by land. Not to mention their logistics chain would have to be adapted to extend across the ocean. For one reliant on a railway network for most of their transportation, this could prove highly detrimental to any thoughts of a campaign.

17. tari101190 Well-Known Member

I mean Kuvira wants the land so she will do whatever it takes to get it.

I'm not really talking about how she will fight. The laser beam is long range anyway. And they already do have land/air ships etc.

But I'm saying, Korra moving the city maybe wouldn't stop Kuvira's motivations.

Unless she doesn't mind, and simply doesn't want any land she doesn't control. Maybe if Korra did move the City, Kuvira would back off.

18. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

But would she want the land as much if it was no longer part of the continent. Her whole shtick is wanting to unite the Earth Kingdom, but if that happened than the Republic would no longer be part of it.

The laser beam is long ranged, but its a line of sight weapon making it limited by the horizon. All Korra would have to do is move the city far enough to be outside its range, which is not hard since the Colossus can't follow too far into the ocean.

And they do have airships, but their air force/navy is probably inferior to the Fire Nation and Water Tribes.

That's what I mean. Kuvira will still want the city, but because its no longer part of the continent and because it will become a lot more difficult to conquer she'll have to rethink her campaign and perhaps back off, at least for the time being.

19. tari101190 Well-Known Member

No this has nothing to do with resources and how difficult it is to fight across the water.

This is about why Kuvira wants the land in the first place.

Because she wants the literal earth empire land itself?

Because she doesn't want land connected to earth empire that she doesn't control?

Because she wants to prove she is the most powerful leader?

I'm trying to figure out her motivations. I don't care how she could fight. Kuvira would find a way to fight across the ocean if she has to. I'm trying to figure out why she would want to.

Nothing about Kuvira suggests she would say it's too difficult to do that so let's leave it.

I just wish we we had some further insight into her motivations before the finale.

20. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

I understand that, I do believe Kuvira will still want the land. And eventually she'll try to take it again, but in the near future she can't and if she's being rational she won't try until she can. I think, despite her megalomania she does have the capacity for restraint; she didn't invade Zaofu until after she tried to negotiate with Su first, and only waited until Su gave her a reason to invade by trying to assassinate her.

She basically has two public reasons for invading Republic City; the rationale she gives to motivate her army.

1) Republic City is land that formerly belonged to the Earth Kingdom.

2) URN territory is part of the Earth Empire continent that Kuvira wishes to unite.

Probably with the second reason there's also the implied rationale that the URN is a foreign power right next to Earth Empire territory, that can not only invade the EE but also be used as a beachhead for other nations to invade the EE.

If you seperated the URN from the EE than that removes half of Kuvira's public rationale. She'd basically have to motivate her army to fight an unwinnable campaign overseas solely on the basis that the URN territory once belonged to the Earth Kingdom over a century ago.

Sure, with enough charisma and fanatical followers you can motivate an army to do anything, but when the odds are heavily against your army and they'll be fighting and dying in foreign lands and seas, morale will be low. If Kuvira's smart she'll realize that she shouldn't try and invade right away.

Basically, Kuvira will still want that land and eventually she'll try again, but if Korra separated the URN from the EE then Kuvira should do the smart thing and back off for the time being.

21. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

Kuvira and the land part seems a lot like Hitler did too and all but, also reminds me of the conflicts in Israel, someone else ?

[YOUTUBE]-evIyrrjTTY[/YOUTUBE]

22. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

United States
    Nah she's more like Warring States Era Chinese rulers.

23. Dimezanime88 Tha Blak Demen

This has probably been asked already, but...What material is Kuvira's mech made out of that Korra and the bending armies can't bend?

24. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

It was made from Zaofu's domes, so its bendadable. But its gigantic, its mobile, and its a superweapon. Do you really think Republic City's metalbenders would be capable of bending all of that metal from long range (because no way are they getting close) before they get oneshotted? Not to mention, who would would try metalbending it when the enemy army protecting the damn thing has more metalbenders than you.

As for Korra, she'd only be able to do it using the Avatar State. But again; trying to take out the colossus alone would just leave her vulnerable to its spirit cannon as well as Kuvira's army. Also, even the AS in its current state (weakened from Korra losing her past lives) would have a difficult time bending something that massive.

25. Dimezanime88 Tha Blak Demen

Well I mean, how about at least metal bending the cannon so that the opening would be closed? Or Korra destroying/metal bending the control panel while in mid-air with her air bison?

26. Rivers Well-Known Member

To bend something as big as the canon you'd have to get pretty close.

Maybe even touch it....since tubes are one of the more harder forms to dent.

27. WT #for the watch

You mad bro? Not getting to make the last discussion thread ever?

28. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

United States
    Retards are slow learners, you just don't learn at all.

29. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    I'd imagine that Kuvira was aware of that possibility.

If possible, she'd make it out of platnium.

30. tari101190 Well-Known Member

Please don't post spoilers here. Make a new thread.

This is the all time series finale for real this time.

Don't ruin it.