1. Halloween Drawing Contest is happening now!
    drawing contest 04
    Click [HERE] to join up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Hate America & These Wars in the Middle East

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Aldredian_Sahn, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Aldredian_Sahn

First off, I'd like to say that it seems like a lot of the world doesn't care much for us USAers. Now, why is that? Because we're better off than a lot of others or is it that we have troops everywhere. I call forth people of all nations to discuss this matter. Why does the world hate America?

And second, what's up with this whole war thing in the middle east? I mean we have the USA and Iraq and then there is Israel and Palestine and there are those damn terrorists too. I hear a lot about the West side of the story, but not a whole lot from the East side. I'd like it for people to discuss the different views the two sides have. I'm curious and uneducated in all of this. The US paired up with Israel, right? And Palestine is against Israel, right? Didn't the people see it as a war against their religion or something? I'm actually very confused, because we have the Palestines and their suicide bombers. is that right? And then there are terrorists, but are they the same people? I thought they were from Iraq and Iran.

Well, discuss away peoples. It would be nice to hear views from all over the world both about America and the war in the Middle East.

Tags:
  2. Raistlin-sama

I don't like America, but I don't hate everything american either, now that would just be silly...

And no America is not really better of then a lot of European countires, like you have a lot more poor people, then say my country (not out of patriotism, I don't even like my own country, or at least not the gowerment...)

About the war in the middle east, yes the US is siding with Israel (Becoarse of all the rich judes in the US...) and that is part of the reason the muslamic world don't like you... But here comes in a bit of jalousy too, since you are better of then them. And also anger, since part of the reason (not all ofcurse) that your better of, is becoarse you are using them. But Europe is almost as much at fault for that though... But since they have already decided that the US is evil, they put most of the blame on you

3. Freeks

we dont hate america. but we dont love america either as u probably think we do. we dont want to go to america as americans think we do. i dont make any sence. but AMERICA IS NOT THE ONLY PLACE ON EARTH. THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLW AROUND AMERICA: I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT AMERICA: CUS I DONT LIVE THERE: but if there whas something that would effect my country. then i would have to take interest. a swedish news-paper whent to NY with a world-map. americans hate iraq. but do they even know where it is? some people pointed at norway. some people even pointed at usa. its few in america who realy know whats going on.

4. explicitkarma

I don't believe people in other countries hate America because "we're better off." People just disagree with our foreign policy.

As far as the Middle East and Asia goes, ayesh.
    You have tensiosn between Israel and the Palestinians, Pakistan and India, Syria and Lebanon, US and Syria, Iraq and US against the insurgency, US and Iran, China and Taiwan, and everyone against Al Qaeda. Then North Korea is like "fuck everyone one of you countries."

Who wants to start taking bets on WW3?

5. Shikamaru-sama

You just answerd half of your own question :wink

6. Negative-Ion

When your in a tough spot, you have to take some steps back and look at the big picture. Personally, im not interested in politics, nor religion, everyone can go worship a tree, a river or a mouse. If you dont like the way i live, keep away from me. If you dont like the way i dress, keep away from me. If you dont like the fact that where i live women have the same rights as men, dont move in my area. If you dont like the fact that i go to church only when someone gets married and not every weekend, then stay away from me. If you dont like my food, dont eat. If you dont like any of that, dont come in my house and put a bomb on my doorstep. I dont care about the way you live, nor i care about the way you treat your women, nor i care how many times a day you pray. thats your bussiness and not mine. But if you try to mess with my bussiness then why should i sit back and watch? ill go in the offensive and try to catch those that do me harm.

You should realize that war on terror is no different than the war againts international drug dealers. war on terror is no different than the war againts organized crime and mafia. war on terror is no different than war againts child molestation. What makes war on terror different so controversial is the fact that those who are being chased, claim that their religious and culture is prosecuted. That is not the case folks, there are millions of muslim and other religious groups in the U.S none of them is being prosecuted. terrorists are not dumb either, they know how to use propaganda too. U.S is not fighting Iraq, its fighting the people Iraq supports and have made Iraq their hiding place.

When a criminal leaves UK and goes to US for example, interpol and whatever other organization ask for the F.B.I's or CIA support, in order to catch the said criminal and vise versa when some criminal fleds U.S to some other country.

In the case of Iraq, Iraq did not want too cooperate and show support, now U.S will not be satisified with a "NO, we wont help you" They will invade your country, do what they would have done if you had cooperated, in the process remove the dictatorship and when their #1 goal is completed, they will leave. Then you can go back to living your lifes, and we can back to living our lives without having to worry about some retard coming in and blowing my house or killing my friends and family. thats unforgivable.

Like Richard Clarke said, the only way we can win againts terrorists is to educate the kids and people of those countries. If Osama is captured, the war will not end, someone else will take his place, some other fanatic organization will create havoc, the only way is education.

If things dont change, this will take place in the near future.

7. Niabingi

what makes the war on terror different is ot that the victims claim that their religous cultural beliefs are being persecuted, the difference is that there has been no tangible evidence of the success of the war on terror and it seems to be all smoke screens. you talk about not being worried about being bombed well the pople of Iraq dont have the same privledge! what do you estimate to be the death toll of innocent Iraqi civilians since the U.S invaded? oh and please out of curiosity erm where were the weapons of mass destruction? the whole case that America and Britain used to justify the invasion of Iraq was as flimsy as a piece of paper!
    The war on terror is an abstract concept and term what makes a terrorist? how do you find them? if it was as simple as you make out neg-ion then i doubt people would be so against it...

anyway aldredian Sahn its basically a matter of america trying to police the world or assert their authority and that beleif that america is the greatest country in the world...... these are things that cause people to dislike the U.S

8. Negative-Ion

Niabingi : i will ask you 1 question. If people dislike the U.S because U.S trys to police the world and assert authority. then do you guarantee than if the U.S stops policing the world, terrorist acts againts U.S will also stop? Not only U.S but againts other countries or againts other people and nations. Do you guarantee that? Im afraid you cant, its not the U.S that is causing the troubles, its the countries that dont want to negotiate and dont want to compromise, U.S so far had been acting as a referee.

9. Niabingi

well no i cant guarantee that the attacks will stopif the U.S. dont police the world! but I can also say that you, tony blair, george bush and whomever else cant guarantee that the attacks will stop WITH american policing the world (no matter how hard they may try) I honestly say that I feel no more secure or confident that terrorist attacks will stop with the U.S. policing or playing referee to the world cos it seems to me they have been doing an unsuccessful job and as i said their reasoning and justifications were flimsy at best....

10. Negative-Ion

It is better to act and face the consequences than let others decide your life. this is what U.S has done.

11. Niabingi

^in my opinion not when innocent lives are involved

12. Neverfate

America is a place ruled by dogmatic politicism and propaganda. I doubt that you could find such a vast majority of ignorant commoners as you can here. It is very difficult to find even a piece of the real truth in this country. Free speech allows everyone to form and publicize an opinion that has the appearance of truth but is based on nothing but circumstance. No, we do not hate Iraq. We hate jihads which we have dealt with since the early 20th Century. Israel is our lapdog. They may deny it but they might as well be a state. Americans have the habit of disliking any place that doesn't advocate the freedoms we do. Granted my country does have more poor people than most others, but that is not from lack of opportunity. The liberals in this country have made it possible for anyone to become successful in our heartless-yet-effective capitalist economy. Sure not everyone wants to be an American. Every place has its pros and cons. Only the strong survive well in this country, and the weak have the democrats to use as a crutch. It's not bad here. As far as the war in Iraq, we had perfectly good reasons to enter, and we had almost unanimous support. We were wrong. Still we saw injustice and made sure to stay and correct it. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of perfectly selfish reasons for our being in Iraq and I don't doubt most of them are right on the nail, but there are also philanthropic reasons for our presence. The war has lost much popularity here in the States because apparantly the whole of our nation forgot that people get killed in war, and not just the enemies. The truth is that the Iraqi war is probably one of the most successful engagements in U.S. history. We are liberating the people, securing rights for all involved, setting up a just government (which is the least we can do seeing as how we destroyed their previous one) and we've barely lost 2000 soldiers in the mix. Sure soldiers from other countries have died but the number is certainly acceptable. Those who can't accept this are obviously not aware of how war really works. I'm sure I'll be snapped at for saying these things, but eh, it's just the net right?

13. bronzhawk

For the people that say we have more poor people. What is your definition of poor? I know that our poor have it better off than say the poor in Africa. We may be worse off by pure numbers, but percentage wise I believe that we are better off than most of Europe. I believe that are unemployment numbers are between 5 and 6 percent, and I believe in Germany their unemployment is greater than 10 percent.

BTW, I agree with most of your post, Neverfate. A good analysis of the situation here in America. Although I would disagree with your assesment of liberals helping out the poor, but that is for a differnet thread.

14. Raistlin-sama

Well, what i mean is that you have more homeless people and more people who live in slum quarters, then a lot of european countries....

15. BattousaiMS

The problem with the USA is that they like to stick their butt in other peoples buissness and if they do go more peace they tend to take sides or exploit the conflit by using their military power and making the nations they helped pay for their expenses. They also like to colonize anywhere they go, not colonize like in the 1700, but American economy colonization and that's what got them sept. 2001. Their forign policy is so bad that they indicrectly make the nations they go to help bow down to them.

Just look at persian gulf war in 1990. After America kicked Sadaam's ass out of Kuwiet. They started to charge Saudi Arabia and Kuwiet for their expense and since then most of the industries of those countries is either held by an American company or is made by americans. They also tried to change thier cultures and stuff with their western life. That's really what ticked the people like Bin Laden, cuz they were seeing that America was buying their country out under the table while the rest of the world were not listening or not even paying attention.

This war on terror? It's the same thing, just think of it as Cold War II. It's obvious now that the only reason America went to Iraq was for it's oil. Iraq did not have any WMD not did Sadaam harbor any Al-Qaida terroristes. Heck Bin Laden hates Sadaams guts if anything he would bomb Iraq if US didn't piss him off.

Note that the Talibans and people like Bin Laden are US creations also they were paid (in weapons) to fight the Russians indirectly by the USA.

So why does the world hate USA? Simple it's a back stabbing nation that invades a contry in the name of peace and democracy and then tries colonizes its markets with their own.

16. lekki

I think Shikamaru-sama just pointed out where Americans go wrong :)
    Reps for you.

17. Neverfate

Yeah...about that...

I agree that American partisan politics is not something to put in this thread, thanks for pointing that out.

Battousai, apparantly you have found yourself caught up in the anti-Bush propaganda. I don't doubt that oil was a factor in our taking on Iraq, but there are and were plenty of other reasons to go into Iraq; reasons that were accepted and supported by the rest of the European nations. In the end, the other members of the U.N. didn't have the testicular fortitude to take the most direct and effective measures to remove the single most potent threat to and in the Middle East. To say that all other motives were a political blind to obtain Iraqi oil is simply ignorant. Check out some of the available information on our dealings with the Iraqi economy and their new government as well as our own national oil problem for more specific details. As for the U.S.'s 'economic colonization', our economic system is hard core. American entrepreneurs are hard knock, no nonsense, opportunistic freaks of nature with an almost complete lack of morals. Get used to it. Capitalism is a most effective system of trade and becomes more popular by the day. Why? Because no other system will allow a penniless beggar to become a billionaire through hard work, dedication, and a complete disregard for the others who aren't so willing or dedicated. It's a brave new world since even twenty years ago. I think it's gonna be very interesting. :cool

18. zeoblade

It seems your own justification governs your decision making. If you can't find a reason let alone real reasons to why the world doesn't favour your country then maybe more life and world experience is what you need. If you were better off, why are there so many problems? Your troops being in different places around the world only gives the rest of the world an idea of your intention. Action speaks louder than words no matter how you try to cover them up.

Maybe you should find a proper BBS on this topic, bringing "controversial and biased" issues such as this into the world of Nauto discussion only makes things unpleasant.

19. Scorpio3.14

People always dislike America for one reason or another. If America minds its own buisness, people get mad cuz America dosnt do enough. If America becomes proactive, we are butting into other people's buisness. Its become popular to dislike America, just like it was once and somewhat still is popular to make fun of the French in America lol There are far worse counties in the world that people could be focusing on, but they would rather focus on America's fault. We have to much poverty in America, yet there are countries with most of the countires money held in the hands of a small percentage of the population. Our government is too intrusive into people's life, yet there are countries where the government controls almost every aspect of people's lives. We are too religious, yet there are countries where people are persecuted for not believeing in the religion that the leaders of the country consider right. America isnt perfect, but then again no country is. America may be worse then some other countries in some areas, they may be better then other countries in other areas. People just like to focus on the negative aspects of the US because....welll.... its the US.

20. Gipo

A good read for you guys would be this book:

'Why do people hate america?' by Ziauddin Sardar and Merryl Wyn Davies. I only read part way through but its an eye opener to say the least.

I personally quite like America itself, so don't have much opinion on the matter either way :) But read the book, its interesting indeed!

21. itachi_kage

for anyone who hates the u.s. or disagrees with us:

the u.s. is the SOLE superpower left in the world, with a bunch of "middle of the road" allies. what would happen if we, as the richest country in the world, stopped helping, and stopped stepping in to ease tensions between muslims and jews? what would happen if we weren't there to tell people like suddam hussein that genocide wasn't going to be tolerated?

1. simply put, kids in non-democratic muslim countries grow up reading (in text books) how we are evil and lies about the world and their own history. i'm not saying that's the whole reason, but it's part of it.

2. we have rich, arrogant celebrities who symbolize this country. foreigners don't see us every day, so they go by what our celebrities and politicians do.

3. like it or not (for the person who stated this) the world does revolve around america. think about it. when was the last time a major event occurred in the world, and we weren't in the middle of it or aiding?

the bottom line is there are alot of ignorant people in the US and throughout the world. i don't know your country and you don't know mine. here's the analogy i always use:

IF THE BULLS WIN 6 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 8 YEARS THEY ARE PROSPERING. THEY ARE THE BEST. EVERYBODY HATES THEM. EXCEPT THEIR FANS.

the same can be said for the U.S. we've been the best and richest for a looong time. of course people hate us.

22. Fairady

Please, would you do me a tiny favor? Turn off the damn tv and stop reading the newspaper. They're trendwhores and only report what will get them ratings, they no longer report much in the way of news unless they know it will get them viewers. For example; when was the last time anyone actually heard anything about the war in Afghanistan? Yeah, they're still fighting and dying there despite what some news agencies in America seem to believe.

Get online and look at news sites. Not just American news sites but sites from other countries too. You get a bit more perspective on things that way.

23. itachi_kage

wow you must be really smart, did you think you're the only person who knew that? if you actually watched cnn or msnbc or even fox news, you'd know they do report when something goes on. if a soldier dies in afghanastan, it'd be all over the news. obviously there is still fighting in afghanastan. not to be rude, but you sound like one of those anti-war anti-everything protestors that start riots because of your idiocy. hug a tree and burn a flag or whatever you do.

this is starting to get way off topic.

24. Niabingi

american news is extremely biased, I check worldwide nes sites on the net just to keep up-to-date and when I was on hilday in the U.S. I was shocked at how one sided the news was....
    as t your posts about america bein the centre of the world.... yeah im sure your probably right the rest of the world is just jealous and inferior america is the best at the moment :wink .... thats like saying on shows like Jerry Springer where the audience boos when the dirty skank comes on stage that in their hearts their actually jealous :notrust not quite.....

anyhow the post im qouting here I felt was rude and both of your posts seem as though they havent been well thought out and are painfully one-sided... not to be rude!

25. Devonin

If the United States wants to be the police of the world, fine. Just show the rest of the world the respect it deserves and just -SAY SO-

Honestly, had President Bush just come right out and said "We're invading Iraq because we think Saddam Hussein is a leader that doesn't serve our interests, so we're going to go replace him with someone who does." I'd still be against the War in Iraq, but at least I'd -just- be against the war, not against the war -and- the lying.

trying to hide behind humanitarian reasons for invasion just shows how little respect President Bush has for the rest of the world. I mean, yes, Iraq wasn't up to "North American Democratic Standards" in its treatment of it's citizens, but you know what? next to Isreal, it was and is basically the closest to it. You know who one of the worst human rights violators is in the Middle East? Saudi Arabia, who happen to be the US's number one ally there next to Israel.

If they are going to claim a "war on terror" lets see some US military presence in Ireland to deal with the rampant terrorism there.

If you want the opinion of a third year Philosophy/Political Science major as to why "the world hates America" It's because America is transparent, and pretending it's not. If we as other world nations want to be honest with ourselves, we have to admit that yes, the United States is basically the only super power left in the world. One on one, no nation could stand up to the US in a war, and if the United States decided it wanted to police the world, and set it up how it saw fit, there's very little the rest of the world could do to stop it.

What galls me, and I think a lot of people outside the US, is that the US goes on and on about how it knows it doesn't need the approval of the rest of the world to act, claims to want that approval, then continually acts without it anyway.

I mean, for a somewhat inaccurate, but sufficient analogy, the mob didn't bother pretending to be an actual insurence company, it just went into businesses and made it clear that a little cash would go a long way to making sure "nothing bad happened" They showed those businesses the respect they deserved, and just said "Hi, we're stronger than you, we're running this place, do what we say and it's business as usual, don't do what we say and we'll have problems."

Most people will point to the invasive nature of US foreign policy as the leading cause of hostility towards the United States, but I think the real problem is that the United States keeps trying to claim motives that are patently untrue, and thinking nobody will notice.

Claiming moral grounds on overthrowing Saddam Hussein, when everybody knows that the United States is basically responsable for his ability to come to power in the first place, having trained him and supplied him to fight Soviets is much like claiming to have saved your life by pushing you into traffic, then pulling you back out again.

If the United States government (And I strongly emphasize Government, as I really think the vast majority of American Citizens don't feel this way whatsoever) would just show the world some respect and come right out and say "Yeah, we know him being there is our fault, we're just going in to clean up our mess and put a more US-Friendly leader in there" the world would at least respect the honesty, and the anger would be a little more focused on the actual issue, and stop being about "Evil Empire America"

26. Efraim Longstocking

I think america should solve their own problems before they're trying to solve other countries problems. I looked at Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine and I find USA's gun issues ridiculous and the only reason it is a issue in the first place is because people are hidden the true facts by media and by politicians. My bet is that 90 % of the population of America doesn't have a clue what's really going on in their country. America is really acting like a ostrich nation. Afraid to take care of their inner problems they ''create'' problems outside the nation that media and politicians can focus on. This way, people can't see their own situation andnothing gets done about it. You see, if people would realize that, the politicians would have a problem.

I wouldn't be suprised if there were a conspiracy behind the 11th september attack. If Bush or/and some othe republican politicians were behind it and created a reason to attack Afghanistan and Iraq and other muslim nations. Blame it all on the Islam and nobody will care.

27. BattousaiMS

Actually, I am not caught up in the Anti-Bush propaganda it's you who are caught in the Bush propaganda. George W. Bush did not recieve UN's authorization to attack Iraq because his proofs weren't complelling. He attacked anyway and the (UN) world accepted it to save their face from the humiliation that he caused them by directly ignoring and disobeying an order from the World Council.
    -----------------
    As for your bragging about the american economy, know this American economy would have gone bankrupt years ago (especially with the new defense budjets) but why didn't it? Simple, who controles the WTO, World Bank and IMF? Americans. Do you know that the country is so much in debt that if one of their money landers pulled its plug the American economy would tumble down to oblivion? Guess what the only reason why they are not pulling the plug is because they know that IMF, WTO and World Bank are on american sides and these think will force one way or the other to get american finance up and keep it's debts underchecked.

Sure american industry is great there is no doubt about that but that dosn't mean their economy is as great as you think it is. They are great because they get more chances to make mistake that go unnotice then some of the other countries who will get the glare of the IMF/WTO/World Bank, if they mess up a bit.

If you want more info on how America utilizes IMF/WTO/World Bank i suggest you read these books for some ideas: "The No-nonsense guide to Globalization" by Wayne Ellwood and "Globalization and its discontents" by Joseph E. Stiglitz.
    ----------------------

I agree with SimpatiK American should resoulve their own probelms first. Does anyone know that there are 40 Million americans under the poverty line? Take note, Canada the country above has about 32 Million people. The money that they had prepared for the restauration of Iraq (before the war) about $80 Billion, could have been used to end all poverty in USA, but guess what they always could have but they never did and it's not only cuz of places like Columbine. It's the american government who refuses to help their own people.

---------------------
    Devonin I don't know about you but were you there when mr. Bush announced the reason why he wished to attack Iraq in the first place? If I remember correctly it was WMD. Now where does he talk about WMD since then? Let's see that word faded after about 2 months after the end of the War. Mind telling me what happen to those WMD that he so vividly acted upon? Mind telling me why the reason has been changed from "WMD" to promoting democracy and stopping terrorism in Iraq" now?

Last time I checked there weren't any terrorism in Iraq till he entered in it, there were no people being abducted and slaughtered by day in there. There weren't any Iraqis getting killed by car bombs either. This all began when the Americans began to station there. It simply tells you that they DON'T WANT American support. They are greatful for having Sadaam removed but that doesn't mean they will let them control their country. All that USA is doing now in Iraq is increasing violence at the cost of their own soldiers (whom may i remind you are very limited to the point that they are trying to force conscriptions to recruit people by force).

28. Devonin

The tone of this response reads like an objection to something I said, but I think you're actually making my point for me. I'm a little confused, could you clarify?

29. itachi_kage

edit: this post is to several posts in here, not just one.

politicians lie. that's a fact in every country. i'm not saying america is the best place to live. i'm not saying it's perfect. what i am saying however, is that in america you have more chances to succeed and live a longer life.

bush is an idiot. government officials are morons. i don't fully support the war, but i don't condem it either. i don't care what the reason for being in afghanastan or iraq is, but i do know we need to help change their countries and policies. i'm sorry, but if you were in new york on 9/11 as i was, you wouldn't care either. as for the jerry springer comment...you're a moron. a whore on that show is nothing to be envious of, use a different analogy.

yeah america has alot of poverty, sure we have alot of crime. say we go with the idea of handing out 80 billion dollars to 40 million people. sure that might help for a little while. then what? in a couple months they need more money, sure we'll give them some more, because they're poor right? they don't need to get a job, the government's handing out free money for poor people. and what's this about us not helping our own people? it's called welfare. welfare is crap. it makes people lazy. i don't care if a 50 year old handicap woman is getting welfare, it's hard for her to work. but a 30 year old healthy man? no.

no, there wasn't terrorism in iraq before we got involved. why don't you look up what was going on in iraq though. your government tells you over and over again that crap. "the americans are an occupying force. they should leave iraq alone!" then what? the iraqis don't know how to cope with democracy yet. if we let them go, watch the terrorism skyrocket! iraq could have any terrorist be their new dictator. when they have enough control, we'll leave. look up what was going on in iraq. anyone who even looked awkward at the government was subject to torture, death, sometimes entire families were wiped out. the kurds (i think that's how you spell it) at times were basically being exterminated, because suddam feared them. and 15 years ago, suddam tried a takeover of kuwait. what if we didn't do anything? then he might go after iran or pakistan. suddam = hitler...period. i'm sure any iraqi would take 10-15 years of violence if he could live a free life.

i don't care if i'm rude. this is a touchy subject. americans have alot of pride and we don't like when foreign people talk sh!t about us. go ahead and be hipocritic. when your country is having problems or being invaded or whatever, i hope we turn our head the other way.

also i'm just going to add that, i don't care how we are running our economy or why we haven't "tumbled". it's called business, you operate it to make sure it doesn't fail. as long as we are doing nothing illegal i don't care.

30. Devonin

Because you know, we definately know better than one of the oldest cultures on earth!

I can understand and yet am completely baffled by the idea that one type of government is what is best for everybody. You can't take a four thousand year old tribal culture and just throw a western style democracy on it and expect it to work out. I mean, look at Africa after Europe got through with it.

Do you have any idea how many "civil wars" in Africa were in fact tribal warfare carried out by tribes that didn't know or care that they both happened to be within one "country" as mapped out by Europe? They were trying as best they could to continue living in the way they had since before Europeans even knew there -was- an Africa, and every time they tried, they got lambasted for not "respecting democracy" like it was a term they should even care about.

As per my long post above about how if the United States would just admit that they think they are better than everyone and that they're doing everyone a favour by remaking their nation in America's image, half the problems they face would go away.

The United States, if it feels like it, has the capability of emulating the Roman Empire with respect to bringing together the best of all the world's cultures and taking the superior elements from each and forming a more enlightened whole, and they have the capability of emulating nazi germany and seeking to simply supplant the other cultures with their own vaunted "superior" one.

it just needs to make up it's mind.

And to think, the United States of America was -founded- on the principle of total isolationism, and non-interference.