1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Lets predict the future events with Oda's foreshadows!

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by Mutty, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

I came across a very interesting thread in AP regarding foreshadows. This is really interesting as it analyses the available OP materials where Oda has used for foreshadowing purpose. Shall we find these foreshadows which can be used to predict future events? Let me start with the first one.

Predicted event: Franky joining the SH crew
    Evidence: Chapter 323, page 5

Luffy tries to express the characters of a carpenter (for add on crew). If you look at the drawing he has made;
    1. Hair style
    2. Shape of the nose
    3. Mouth
    4. Large forearms
    5. Exposed legs
    clearly coincides with Franky. However the 5 m height is the only distinguishable difference for the moment. It is possible that franky may extend his height to 5 m in any forthcoming fights (since he is made of mechanical stuff). This may be one of the foreshadows of oda about the new carpenter.

Lets find these kind of foreshadows. Evidence with pictures will be great.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

This is another foreshadow about the number of crew members.
    Predicted event: Total SH crew number to be 11
    Evidence: Chapter 1, page 50

Will this happen? What do you think?

3. darklide From darkness...i'll rise

There will be a musician in the strawhats
    Luffy has always been wanting one and wont be satisfied before he gets one

4. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

May be he is the next one. Or else, can Franky fill both positions together? At the end of this arc we may get foreshadows on that. I hope that it will be a lady with fighting talent:laugh .

5. Code Zoamelgustar

Well I didn't figure this out myself, someone pointed this out to me.
    Predicted Event: Galley-La Crew Betraying
    Evidence: Volume 34 Cover

Califa, Lucci, and Kaku all have "evil" looks on their faces you can say. And those just happens to be the one who turned out to be CP9 members. Though you might say its somewhat of a stretch.

6. pakku surlier than ever

Guess I might as well throw in my favorite...

These quotes came from somewhere around volume 4, and if you think a little, you maybe rememeber that they've both come true; the giant goldfish, "the Island Eater" at the end of the Little Garden arc, was exactly as described, and Ms. Merry Christmas is as close to a legendary mole as it gets (the legendary part was just left out of this particular scanlation :/).

So yeah, Usopp's lies from early on tend to come true later on, and at the moment we've got...

For the record, Cerberus was the three-headed dog guarding hell according to Greek mythology, and Baskerville comes from "the Hound of Baskerville," a Sherlock Holmes novel (the specifics on what part Baskerville has, I don't know). So yeah, it's looking like we have another lie come true. Next up? Hmm...

7. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

I agree with the Franky thing and the 10 nakama thing. Which means apart from Franky, Luffy would be getting another 3 crew-members.

8. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

I think so. These are just speculations. And these were some of the ideas raised in Arlong Park forum. I thought that it would be great for us to share and discuss on these.

Actually I am expecting Ussop to really fight a Giant Gold Fish in the future. Also SHs had to pass the Red line and they may come across Dragons as well!!:smile-big

Also I have a question to make. We got to know in the last island in grandline is Raftel from chapter 105. So we can expect the greatest treasure, One Piece in that place. In chapter 301 Robin says about Luvteru as the last island to find 'tablet of truth'. I am confused. I think that the differnce is because of different scanlations. Is that correct?

In case if they are same, then can we expect the One Piece to be the 'tablet of truth'. Any ideas?

9. Raptor Vagabond

Well Franky can sing too remember??? :Amuse so he's a carpenter and a singer all in one.

I found one. When Iceburg gave Franky the blueprints for pluton (if u remember it's a battleship) he said "what if i decide to build it?" So I think... he already has. think of it like this. Even if the straw hats defeat cp9 there's still the problem that the buster call can be made anytime. what better way to get away from that problem than using the anicent weapon feared by the world, mostly now that they need so much a new ship.

Though it might just be me looking things. :amuse

10. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

I agree that Franky may have already built a ship, capable of going around the world. But the ship may not be Pluton. If you check chapter 358 page 10;
    You may come to a conclusion that Franky was not going to build Pluton (if he is good guy). My openion is that he has already built a ship(as you say), but without the same capability of distruction of Pluton.

11. tunaman I like candy

^ I personally dont think that Franky will build pluton, i think that he has already learned his lesson.

Going in that direction i believe that the government will get a hold of one of these ancient weapons and the straw hat pirates will have to go up agianst it.

And I cant believe that no one has said this but there could be foreshadowing of Luffy becoming the Pirate King.

12. Raptor Vagabond

Oh yeah i remember when Smoker talked about how Luffy smiled when he almost died, or how everything seem to be trying to protect him so he could go to the grand line.

13. simple_be Rise Darth Deidara!

possible,he did something with the almost 200 million bellies

well..they waited 3 years to buy something that it appears to be very expensive..maybe for a new ship?

i don't remember that(about the name of the last island) but i think they are 2 different things..the tablet of the truth must be something for those weapons like pluton..so in luvteru would be the last table and in raftel the one piece.

oh and yes i agree with the franky draw of luffy and the 10 members thing and do you remember when you luffy draw arlong?it was a fish with human body but it had a fish head..i guess luffy also "predicted that" :D

14. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

Well with the Franky thing it is pretty obvious he will seing as he has undergone the necessary flashback. All character b4 they formally join go through a flashback. That was Franky's turn, now officially comes Robin's.

That find about 10 is quite interesting and makes sense. Good find!

15. Raptor Vagabond

there are two types of ponegliphs (tablets) the tables of truth, that must be linked to get to know the records of lost history, and the tables of clues I don't really get this one but it's supposed to be a clue to get to a table of truth. The one Robin is searching is called the Rio Ponegliph that should be on the last island of the grand line. Robin calls it "Lavter" or "Raftel" that's the confusion of the names. it's the same thing but only god knows how it's really said. in this last island the Rio Ponegliph and the One Piece are supposed to be.

Let's wait a little. I know that Robin has a lot more to say about that. :amuse

16. Crowe inactive - most of the time

Oh timing, i just saw that part of the anime 0:

The money went obviously to material for the building of Pluton, and im almost 100% it will be a 'cute' ship as Going Merry, not something enormous. That wouldnt really suit the mugiwara crew.

17. kapsi Banned

18. Raptor Vagabond

I think so too. at least partly :amuse why would the blueprints be so damn long if it wasn't a huge ship??? I believe (and hope) that the franky family and the galley la join the straw hats. yeah i know it would be a 60 men an 1 frog crew but think about it... they wen't to attack enies lobby. thousands of people saw them. after that it's almost obvious that they can't stay in water 7, since all of them will be labeled as Criminals. also they labeled them as straw hats the moment Zanbai opened his mouth (ep 380 pg 13) I don't think it's such a bad thing. in all crews we've seen so far only a few remain as the "important ones" take Shanks crew for example. they are like 40 but we only know 4 or 5 of them. If Luffy want's only 10 main ones, and he has 6 right now not counting him it could be Franky (shipbuilder, and the always desired singer that Luffy wanted), the square twins(no way in hell they will leave Franky) and Paulie(a pure carpenter) But then again it's all just my wishful thinking :amuse

19. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

But the ship can be something totally different from Pluton. Also the image shows that 200 Million is spend on buying something for the entire Franky family, not just for Franky. Therefore, if Franky is to join SHs, either the entire Franky family would join together or Franky may present the thing he bought with 200 Mn to the Franky Family and move out of FF. The first option doesn't go with number of predicted SH crew. And second may come true, if, Franky volenteer himself to join SHs to payback the 200 Mn amount. Only Oda knows about that...:smile-big

Thanks for the response. But Robin herself said that Luvteru is the last islend in Grand line. Therefore Raftel=Luvteru. I think it is like ruffy and Luffy. Not sure about it. If we can get hold of the RAW versions then we may be able to clarify.

Lol :laugh . But Arlong's actual apprearance is shown in the same chapter itself.

20. Raptor Vagabond

I answered that on the next one. Raftel and Luveter sounds almost the same. both are the same name just written differently :amuse

I recall that Luffy once said taht the wanted a huge bronze statue on the ship... maybe the 200 mill were used for a bronze statue of the new ship that probably Franky will give them?? :laugh

21. pakku surlier than ever

I guarantee that Luvteru is just an uglier romanization of Raftel.

Raptor, for some reason that Robin avatar reminds me of ET. If the huge cheeks were moved up around her eyes, the resemblance would be uncanny.

22. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

By the way, I checked with the anime and it is pronounced as 'Rafteru'.

23. Raptor Vagabond

Cool now live with it :wink

24. Throes Sitting on a throne of Gods

I saw a few forshadows in some of the earlier chapters. Chapter 8 for example (at the bottom):

What about that singing person?

Another forshadow in Chapter 11:

A possible forshadow to the Davy Back Fight?

I've just started reading the manga yesterday, so more will come as I find them.

25. Walker Member

I always played the singer off as a joke.

26. Raptor Vagabond

Well if u think about it, Luffy always wanted a singer... And Franky is a dismantler and a singer too (chp. 350)

Great!!! congratulations. to be honest one piece is a very underrated manga. it's actually the most seen manga in japan and the anime is number 3 of all time only falling behind dragonball and doraemon.

27. Mutty Demon Splitter Zoro

We have seen Luffy talking about the bronze statue after Skypia arc (as I remember). I am not sure whether he is talking about his statue or anytype of statue in the front (where Luffy favorite seat is).

As said before, the new ship may have a bronze statue in the front.:smile-big

28. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

Franky's singing is more of a joke thing.

But a really cool guy who fights with musical instruments, would make a cool namaka.

29. Tenrow Silver Wolf

You know for all we know they might just make a new Gong Merry and call that one "Going Merry 2."

30. smurfx Captain Usopp

maybe franky did build pluton except with out all the weapons that make it powerful. pluton must be a pretty undestructable ship and maybe franky used alot of the blue prints to build his ultimate ship. also if the world goverment ever built a pluton type ship the strawhats could upgrade the ship to fight it.