1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about these Ootsutsuki's and their power of the Retcon [Boruto 62 spoilers]

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Zef, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Zef Dark Magician

I'll preface this by saying I haven't watched the episode, and most of this is based off @Rai 's spoilers but I trust him.:catflower

Also gonna preface this by saying that I have no idea how long or coherent this will be since I'm typing this out of frustration.
    Those not used to my rants...
    :camby

Exit is that way

Anyways. This is the reason for the thread:
    For those unaware the animes adaption of the Boruto movie has a third Ootsutsuki besides Kinshiki and Momoshiki named Urashiki.
    :troll

Now the story goes that Kishi had wanted to include him in the Boruto film, but didn't get to for whatever reason. So that is why he is in the anime.

Not only does this new Ootsutsuki member have a tomoe Rinnegan, but they have it located in their eye. What's so special about having it in his eyes you ask?

He has a doujutsu there already that is supposed to be completely separate from the Sharingan/Rinnegan evolutionary tree.

Now I know the apologists are going to say: "but Zef, you didn't even watch the episode!! maybe there's an explanation!!!":blobree

To which I'll respond by saying::camby

There is no justification for this butchering of the lore.

We saw through SP's own shitty Kaguya filler that the bitch had Byakugan before eating the Shinju fruit, and that she got Rinne-Sharingan after eating it.
    That was shown in their own filler. Not to mention the manga canon. So why in the hell is Byakugan evolving into tomoe Rinnegan's now?
    :drake

Are the people running the Boruto spinoff insane?

Does this mean Hyuuga can randomly get Rinnegan now? Who the heck is greenlighting this shit?:facepalm

But this is just the tip of my issue.
    :gokuyeaboi

It seems that whenever this stupid alien clan is involved pre established plotlines are thrown out.

First it was only Hagoromo who had Rinnegan.

Then it turned into Hagoromo has Rinnegan because his mother(who came out of fucking no where) had an even stronger doujutsu and his eyes were simply a de-evolution.

Now its random Ootsutsuki's can have Rinnegan out of nowhere even though its not an inherent trait to their clan.
    :derpko

They have to (or at least I thought they had to) eat these powerful fruits to get this eye, or as in Hagoromo's case be descendent of an Ootsutsuki with a superior eye to get it.

So why are Momoshiki and Urashiki walking around with it?
    :geg

Even if they ate chakra fruits shouldn't that give them Rinne Sharingan like Kaguya and not just Rinnegan?

Tags:
    • Agree x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. pat pat Well-Known Member

apparently you shouldn't be surprised because " otsutsuki having a Rinnegan or any power isn't surprising leeel, they are tha origine of daaa everathang"
    in other words they can pop up whatever they want because they are otsutsuki so it's justified, forgetting ost stuff kaguya got were due to her eating the chakra fruit and a lot of thing comes from the tree..
    the movie also easily implied Momo got his by eating a fruit too but it did appear on his hands...Not on top of his byakugan
    but well....

3. Hussain Well-Known Member

I did not read yet, but I hope you realize that they are the "root" to all this shit... :hm

I will read when I get the time tho...

4. Hussain Well-Known Member

Well if you will take their filler in part 2. Hagorumo originally had the Byakugan as well and it evolved into the sharingan, which in turn evolved into the Rinnegan. Which means ALL Dojutsu are connected.

Based on this filler, they may let Salad get the Rinnegan as well. As Hago did not even have MS/EMS to reach the Rinnegan.
    (but he has the whole "Asura/Indra chakra".

It's no different than the Uchiha clan tho. :hm

5. Majin Boo Moderator

Flag:
    Brazil
    I think any Byakugan can't turn into a Rinnegan, the same way any Sharingan can't turn into a Rinnegan, it needs that transmigrant stuff to that happen.

I'm a Byakugan tard and I'm going to wait for tomorrow's episode and its dialogue.

6. vered yellow fu-uma

Are you really surprised though? they abandoned (SP, kishi, kodachi)even trying to explain the whole dojutsu progression and diversity especially as far as the Rinnegan is concerned. If you simply look at them as godly/alien beings with the potential to have every power and eye power in existence you'll be fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Derael Well-Known Member

You can't abandon something you didn't start doing in the first place. Nothing dojutsu-related was really addressed in the manga so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Arles Celes The Psychologist

The main plot happens to involve constant evolution...and even retcon to suit the writer's new ideas.

And yeah, main threats in particular like what the Uchiha clan came to be(from just being Sasuke's quest) is often the subject of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if over the last 5 years Kishi and Ukio changed and "rechanged" the Otsutsuki plotline like a dozen times. SP's own writers perhaps too.

Consistency may suffer a bit.

But IMO as long as it is interesting enough, the characters at least not complete copies of their parents and new jutsus/abilities rather than just reusing all we had before then its all right...then it sounds all right. :hm

9. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    Long time no see @Zef :dank

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  10. Hagoromo Ohtsutsuki Sage Of Six Paths

In filler hagoromo awakened rinnegan super fast, that’s credited to his genetics.

Sasuke got his rinnegan hella fast, that’s credited to his genetics, madara during the war got his third eye hella fast thats credited to(among other things) his genetics. Urashiki has the genetics for it, so why not?

11. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

Everything was explained in filler content. :meh

12. Mori Jin Active Member

The guys a filler character just like majority of the anime. I say just watch it (if you already do that is), for the entertainment and not take it seriously. Just wait for the monthly manga (that might get cancelled, depending on wether or not it gets worse) and remember there was only 2 Otsutsuki attackers in the Movie and Manga.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. Li Mu Three Great Heavens

Filler being inconsistent, who would have thought :conspiracy

14. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Do we even know how many chakra fruits Urashiki ate before coming to earth?

Do we even know if Otsutsukis possess Rinnegan naturally or after eating chakra fruit?

15. Zef Dark Magician

Byakugan progressing into Sharingan/Rinnegan makes no sense though even according to SP's filler.

If Kaguya needed to eat a chakra fruit to get the Rinne Sharingan then how are Sharingan & Rinnegan natural progressions of Byakugan?

Its Sharingan > Rinnegan > Rinne Sharingan

The Ootsutsuki (minus Hagoromo) naturally have Byakugan.

The Sharingan and Rinnegan are powers granted by the Shinju.
    Byakugan evolving into them make no sense since there's literally no connection.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Boruto Well-Known Member

Well, I hope they give an explanation for this. I've been curious about Momoshiki's palm Rinnegan too. Right now, I see it this way:

Urashiki likely ate a chakra fruit and got a red tomoe Rinnegan in one of his eyes, which he can deactivate into his normal Byakugan, the one he was born with. Probably because his Rinnegan is a unique, red 6 tomoe Rinnegan, unlike the rest that don't have that ability. The fact that he had a Byakugan there beforehand has nothing to do with it, they are completely separate powers. Don't consider it an evolution, he's swapping between the two. The fruit bestowed him with the Rinnegan, like Momoshiki, but in a different place. If someone with no eye power ate that fruit and deactivated their Rinnegan, they would just have their regular eye instead.

Why did it appear in his eye? Well, why did Momoshiki's Rinnegan appear in his palms? Who knows? Maybe it depends on the chakra fruit or the individual who eats the fruit. The effects aren't always the same, but they give a massive amount of chakra and eye powers in every case, I guess.

Kaguya got a Rinnesharingan in her forehead, and her chakra fruit was probably more powerful (if you take the Boruto novels seriously, Momoshiki confirms that chakra fruits differ in the amount of chakra they give), which is the reason for that, and her godliness.

Momoshiki likely (outright said in the novel, he was also eating some fruit in the anime) ate a chakra fruit and he got two Rinnegan in his palms, as I wrote above, with a unique absorption ability. Upon transforming by consuming Kinshiki and getting a chakra boost, he gets a third, regular Rinnegan in his forehead (golden in the manga).

My conclusion: the powers granted by chakra fruits vary. Ignoring the filler from Shippuden, I say that the Byakugan is in no way connected to the Rinnegan like the Sharingan is, but eating a fruit can lead to the Rinnegan manifesting in the place of a Byakugan and "overwriting" it. Unlike the Sharingan... we all know the relation between it and the Rinnegan.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  17. Keishin Well-Known Member

Urashiki? you've got to be kidding :bookerskully

18. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

We still don't have confirmation of enough info to say Otsutuki naturally have Byakugan, unrelated to the chakra fruit.

That's kind of just an interpretation to neg the Byakugan.

19. Indra I can't stop eating

Let's wait for the episode to come out first. I can't really pace my thoughts at just words.

I'm more visual.

20. Hussain Well-Known Member

I am just saying it's not the first time this happened. :catshrug
    And really, there is no more to talk about. We will have to wait until the end of the arc to see if they will bother
    with an explanation or not. :catshrug

21. Platypus * Advisor

>Hagoromo awakens the Sharingan in his Byakugan after seeing his girlfriend's corpse then proceeds to awaken both Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan: his Sharingan transforms into Rinnegan and a seal pattern (???) appears on his forehead because he quote-unquote killed his brother even though there should've been no trauma (???) because it was his plan all along since he was going to heal Hamura with the sage toad's seal (???). Oh and along the road he learnt Toad Sage Mode (???).

Delete this.

22. Hussain Well-Known Member

23. Boruto Well-Known Member

I heard this filler was bad, but really...:catsmug

24. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

A special form of senjutsu only Hagoromo can give, even though he learned it from someone else.

25. Arles Celes The Psychologist

What if it was referenced in this arc? :cat

26. Gabe Murim Grand Master

I just think the rinnegan manifest differently when the fruit is eaten. Each member of the clan has it in different areas, one in the forehead, another in the palm and now one in the eye.

27. NOPE555 Active Member

28. Mateush Well-Known Member

Fuck the anime. I will also fuck the manga by using pirate releases :awesome

29. saradax 8th Hokage

Surprised that an otsutsuki has Rinnegan?
    That's like being surprised an uchiha has sharingan or hyuga byakugan.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  30. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Retired Staff

The issue is that he can turn a byakugan into a rinnegan despite them having no such connection.