1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Akihabara TV channel is hosting a banner contest in Contest Central. Submit an entry for the chance to receive art points here!

Deadline is July 7th 10 PM UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Lets talk.

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Xiammes, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Xiammes All For One Administrator

I figured this is a long time coming, I'm willing to listen to any minor complaint or nitpick, even if I think they are stupid I'll hear them out. I'm willing to discuss the current state of the section.

However there is a few rules. Break any of these and I thread banning you from this thread, potentially from the rest of the section.

1) No flaming - simple enough

2) No baiting - don't play stupid in this thread, you know what you are doing, so do I, if you think it could be bait, don't post it. Anyone being obtuse enough will get a section/forum ban instead of a thread ban. Just for the record, spamming negative ratings can be construed as bait and I will kick you out of this thread. This is a discussion, one I want to have in good faith. WORD YOUR POSTS CAREFULLY.

3) Everything in this thread has to be related to the DB section, I don't want to hear about some unrelated drama.

4) No off topic or troll discussions

Tags:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Nataly Angel In Disguise Moderator

3. Superstars Well-Known Member

But you didn't state a specific topic related to the DB section? Are you talking the state of the section? What would be considered off-topic?

4. Xiammes All For One Administrator

Anything related to the DB section, could be member drama or just the general state of the section.

5. Suigetsu I will have my revenge!

@Xiammes Why cant you let us choose our OWN moderator? Instead of imposing someone that literally doesnt inspire respect but hostility. It's what has been happening all along, so why not change the formula?
    Seriously you have: Pandamonium, Sennin of hard work, aphrodite and now for some reason we have nataly who is with all due respect and honesty a 6 month old user on a power trip. Let alone all the double sided stuff that happens.

This is why I have suggested people like vegeta, rai or even m shadows for modship in this section. Because they are seniors, are respected in the section and know the section well and their members.

Also again, why the hell do we have a 6 month old moderator?! Literally how?! I feel utterly disrespected and insulted at this and at her actions.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Kinjin Silver Bullet

7. Prince Vegeta So I be written in the book of love

Brazil
    I dont mind when someone has joined the forums and how fast they became a mod as long as they know more about dragon ball than the average members.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Superstars Well-Known Member

I see. Didn't really know there is "member drama," around here. I thought everything around here was just jokes.

9. Black otaku Vegeta Incorporated ®

France
    Same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

11. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

We are not happy that our voices are not being heard.

12. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

13. Superstars Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too but apparently looking at Million vasto's and suigetsu's post they are seething at some members being banned and others still being here and unhappy modship.

But when does Vasto's tea ever stop brewing? I find that funny and always thought he was joking.:tomha

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Xiammes All For One Administrator

Okay real talk, being a moderator is more then just moderating this section, you get involved with the rest of the staff and have access to a lot of private and personal details of members, its imperative that we be selective and pick people who we think are not only good for position but can handle that position of authority and can handle the finer aspects. This is why we don't let members choose their moderators, the reality is that 75% of you could probably do a decent enough job at just moderating in a vaccume(being liked is another thing). The process of becoming a moderator has become more open, I and others have pushed to allow members to post applications for becoming a moderator, something we never did prior to 2018, in past generations of staff saying you wanted to be a moderator was like a death sentence, now I am open to even thirstiest of members.

No disrespect to the people you listed, but I have banged my head against the wall looking for moderators for this section, with my waning time and interest dragging me elsewhere I wanted this place in good hands. There isn't really anyone that I have been happy with, even good posters have events that make me question them. I've received a lot of help from other staff that has become interested in lending a hand. Steph got involved after she became more interested in the section, Senin was a Dragon Ball fan and has been working in the shadows and has been a huge help, Nataly came on board to get more experience and help out in this chaotic section. I felt I was being too soft in this section, you allowed innocent shit posting and bantering to turn into legitimate factions and flame wars, I hate it and I hate anyone who willingly pushed that agenda, so I took a step back and let more strict moderators in.

The issue between El Primo and the staff will be settled privately, there are more factors in play just as history. Give me a moment.

I wish it were that way, but we aren't allowed to have anything nice it seems.

Then speak, that is what this thread is for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

Oh well I'm kinda scared, mods are on a power trip. :(

16. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Germany
    The moderation was too lax for too long.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. Xiammes All For One Administrator

Unfortunately that was my fault, I wanted to keep the section light hearted and fun, clamping down unnecessarily I felt was detrimental to section and members, but the moment I let any faction form I failed the site and section.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Snake Within cells interlinked

Where do I apply for modship @Xiammes? This section needs at least 1 competent moderator.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Xiammes All For One Administrator

You can always post a application in the SCR.

20. Snake Within cells interlinked

It'd be pointless though wouldn't it? I seem to recall @Pandamonium saying that there are members that you guys would NEVER consider for modship.
    :mikebatman

21. Spider-Man ---

Germany
    Then how about, you know, you make a topic asking the people of this section who are posting on this section on a regular basis, who has contributed to the section, who has a vast knowledge on Dragon Ball and is very capable judging by their temperament and behavior, who they think would qualify best instead of appointing the moderator status to a complete question mark and who has no ties to this section because the rest of us are unworthy or just weaker in conviction and qualifications? I'm sure Nataly and Sennin are swell people and they are very capable of being great moderators, but the only reason they got chosen to mod this place is apparently because they got ties with other mods. They barely posted in the DB section, Sennin as well. Why did they get modded for a section they do not seem to care much about? We only get shallow reasons like that X or Y is a great person and far better than the other candidates (who for instance?).

22. Hachibi Subarashi

Post in question for anyone asking

23. Spider-Man ---

Germany
    @Snake, you got question answered.

24. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

25. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Germany
    Pretty much no one here would be a neutral choice.

26. God Movement CEO of the Corporation

Don't think we want 100% agreement, we need majority agreement. One person will always disagree.

27. Snake Within cells interlinked

What do you make of this @Xiammes? :mikebatman We even know her rephrasing doesn't mean shit due to the fact that there are certain members like myself that aren't popular with the staff.

28. Xiammes All For One Administrator

Real talk, there probably are people with no actual chance, but I am a never say never kind of guy. That said I am also a realist, people should have tempered expectations and need to consider the current state of affairs.

Sennin likes Dragon Ball and offered to help doing basic janitorial work, he has been a huge help. Nataly is also in a very similar boat.

I don't trust the judgement of the section at large, you can freely nominate anyone you want, I'm not going to spit on you for doing so. However that doesn't mean I have to mod the people who get suggested, the process is still kept selective

29. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

Germany
    How is that going to fix the degenerate subculture of this section?

30. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member