1. img
    The KCC is hosting a Short Story Horror Contest!
    The deadline for entries is October 24th at 1am UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Are you an artist that loves One Piece ?
    Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    The deadline is on October 21th at 7:00 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Come vote in the Alley Banner Contest - Mark VI!
    Deadline is on October 21th at 4:51pm EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Halloween!
    Deadline for entries: October 31st at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come join the very first non-banner Café contest!
    The deadline is on October 23th at 9:47 AM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

PC PS4 XB1 Mobile PS3 360 Life Is Strange (DONTNOD / Square Enix) - hella gaming

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Kate Bishop, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Jon Snow

Well it's not like the complete game came out until two days ago.

Standard procedure

2. Rios

There is not much to be spoilery about, people figured out the ending ever since episode 2 came. There are still some plot holes and lack of explanations though and they should be in spoilers.

3. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia

The developers basically said season 2 will not be linked to season 1. As for the ending it pretty much became clear what the choices were even in first episode, second one just highlighted it.

Spoiler:
    Though I can't say I am too happy about it. It pretty much makes every other choice a non issue, you can be a complete bitch to everyone and suddenly none of it matters because they are either all dead or you have gone back in time to the first day and nothing has happened yet anyway.

The only time in chapter 5 where your choices seemed to make a difference was during the nightmare where you received all the texts like say if you helped Alt Chloe to die Joyce sends one saying that she knows. I just wish your choices had more of an affect on things and a few more endings.

4. BringerOfChaos

It was explained in episode 5 when Max focuses on the Warren selfie picture. Basically, she takes over consciousness of past Max for a few minutes, and then she goes back to present time in changed reality. After she goes back to the present, old max isn't aware of what happened. That's why Future Max told Chloe to fill Past Max before she went back to the present.

I feel like season 2 will be a cash grab. It will only be a sequel in name since there are no connections.
    It's about the journey bruh, not the destination :LOS

5. Keollyn Retired Staff

Does Max's kiss have rezzie powers? That's really all I want from Ep. 5.

6. Rios

Hey, just because there will be no connections to the first season doesn't mean its going to be bad. If anything they can only learn from their first project and improve further.

7. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia

Blah I hate when devs use that phrase. What is a journey without a good destination? A waste.

Still 4.8 episodes were good 0.2 last part was a let down.

8. Charlotte D. Kurisu Moderator

Not entirely happy about the two choices available at the end. Like some of you said, nothing the player does have any impact. The game should have made the final decision for you based on all your previous decisions. Or at least offer more/less choices based on your attitude towards things.

Still a fun ride tho. I'll honestly remember that more than the much anticipated ending.

Does the second season also have you play as Max?

9. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia

Everything mentioned so far about second season is likely going to be another place another time and another set of characters.

Personally I think season 2 should be that all Max did was postpone an inevitable.

10. Rios

I want to play as a character who uses his time powers to fuck with people.

Someone who sees a little kid riding a bicycle, kicks said bicycle, gloats for a moment then goes back in time with a stupid smile on his face.

11. Charlotte D. Kurisu Moderator

Would love for Max to return. I am too invested in her.

12. BringerOfChaos

I'd like to second that. Usually in any video game, show, or movie, I always like a side character over the main character. However, Life Is Strange is probably one of the first times I like the protagonist the most.

13. Rios

Doesn't make sense. The town has nothing left to offer, everybody got their closure. Unless the location is changed(San Francisco?) this chapter is done.

14. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia

Has it though? You still have that piece of shit Pendleton family running and ruining everything.

15. Rios

They are way too comically evil to count. I was glad I didn't have to mess with them, would have been boring and predictable.

16. Selena

Flag:
    United States
    I wish this had happened so badly. :cry

17. Yagami1211

Flag:
    France
    Catdank Faction:

18. EJ

Spoiler:
    Whoever chooses to fucking sacrifice the town over Chloe and tries to justify it is an asshole. :lmao

On top of that, I fucking hate the fact that none of my choices mattered in the end..through out the time I invested into the game.

Can't wait for Season 2 though. Hope they don't pull the same crap into it though.

19. Selena

Flag:
    United States

Spoiler:
    It's a game. :awesome

20. EJ

Spoiler:
    I don't mind trying to see what happens as a result, since yes it is a game. I'm talking morally in this regard:

But saying one life that was 'supposed' to die in the first place is worth more than everyone's in the town is silly imo. I liked Chloe's character, but there was no way I could save her over the entire town. The ending where her and Max drive off and smiling at one another is just out of character for both of them. Both of them would be torn up about what transpired so it didn't even seem like the canon ending.

21. EJ

Spoiler:
    Oh god. The depression from the ending is killing me now. :catcry

22. Selena

Flag:
    United States
    Oh, definitely, I agree with that. Especially since the implication is that there's not a single survivor when Arcadia is done being trashed by the tornado.

I mean, personally for me, the decision would still be hard to make if only because of the feelings I've invested in the characters, and the fact that Chloe and Max have had to deal with so much (Max in particular), just for them to be together at all. Still, even reading spoilers and whatnot, I know that if I was ever able to play the game, and I got the final decision, I'd have to sacrifice Chloe. Arcadia sucks for sure, but there's still a few good people left that aren't worth sacrificing for one person.

Funnily enough, when I first read the spoilers, I had decided to sacrifice Arcadia, because I was feeling angry and selfish and was sick of the shit Max and Chloe had to endure. But after the fact, I knew it was the worst of the two decisions morally, and, again, my first choice would be to save Arcadia over Chloe now.

23. EJ

Spoiler:

Yeah, definitely. I became so invested in their relationship together. I was pissed that the only absolute way they could somehow remain friends without Chloe dying was everyone else dying..and there was just no way I could take that decision. The fact that Chloe accepts her fate and expresses the will to pass on only motivated myself to make that decision.

Overall, the game did a good job. I was surprised at how others expected the teacher to be behind everything. I seriously did not see it coming.

The atmosphere in the game, the music, etc was just a good fit. The developers did a good job with the small budget they had for the game. I actually wanted to know more of what Arcadia Bay was, the characters in the game was interesting and had so much personality.

My complaints would have to be the ending itself on how everything you do in the game means jack shit (the experience though was amazing, especially the final episode). , some glitches I experienced using the time travel (I somehow ended up outside the diner where Frank was when I was suppose to get his RV keys and not being able to move)., and the dialogue.

After awhile I could really over-look how the dialogue was in the game. The way some people were talking it seemed in the first and second episode seemed way too forced. I'm not too sure if it grew on me the more i played the game, but "For cereal", "You're hella cool", come ooonnn lmao. But it's whatever.

The game really wanted you to take in the sights despite it being severely budgeted..they did an amazing job with the visuals. And again, the music was spot on. Despite the flaws, I still highly suggest this game.

I can't wait for Season 2. I wouldn't mind Max being in the next game, but I want an entirely new cast of characters along with a main character. Maybe a descendant of Max?

But I'm confused. If Max can rewind time, shouldn't she be the only one with that power in the world? Another person...that means things can flat-out get catastrophic.

I think they can avoid this by having Max lose her powers the less she uses it or something, it naturally leaving her...or...

her not being brought up at all in the next installment to save the confusion. :cat

24. Nemesis Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia

Ok maybe I am over thinking this but.

Spoiler:
    Why didn't max go back to the start, save Chloe, go through the entire week like normal but when she tells Chloe what to do before the party also tell Chloe to take a photo of her at the start of the final day. That way when the storm starts she could be in position to get as many as possible up to the light house?

25. Rios

You do it because they let you do it. Games are all about doing the craziest shit you can.

26. Rios

And as far as Max and Chloe's relationship goes - Dontnod went too far. They spent so much time on these two rehashing the same themes I simply became bored and dulled with it all. I remember playing the first part of episode 4, getting out of the picture and back the the real time again and being like "wow, the real game finally begins, I was getting tired of this uninteractive intro already" .

One of my biggest criticisms about the ending is how it made them concentrate on just one of many possible connections. Even the Borderlands game which was supposed to be goofy and all had way more and evenly spread relationships to work with.

27. Patchouli Advisor

Spoiler:
    I let Arcadia Bay get destroyed.

They literally sat there and did nothing while a giant tornado just kept circling in the same area of the ocean for god knows how long. Ain't my fault they're too dumb to evacuate. Max drove through that, they could too. They should have got their asses out of their when whale and moon stuff started happening. :catippy

Convinced Warren was the secret villain all along. He bought the time travel stuff way too easily. :pek

Spoiler:
    :catippy

Your choices matter if you sacrifice the town. Give in to your timelord powers. :villa

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015