1. Come enter in the KCC Pet Photo Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice

Lina Inverse(Slayers) vs Dark Willow(Buffyverse)*Read First Post*

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by SoulTaker, Oct 15, 2006.

Who Wins?

1. Lina Inverse

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Dark Willow

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. SoulTaker The Ever Living

The Conditions:
    Lina Inverse vs Dark Willow
    Battlefield: Sunnydale,California
    Distance: 20-40 meters
    Bloodlust: No
    Finish: Death
    Preperation time: No
    Knowledge of opponents abilities: No
    Handicap: Lina can not use Giga Slave,and if Laguna Blade is too strong she is not to use it either.
    Notes:

In the red corner we have "The enemy of all that live","The Dragon Spooker",Lina Inverse!

In the blue corner we have a woman so powerful she was about to bring the apocalypse,a women so powerful she made an unknown amount of potential slayers into actual slayers.Dark Willow!

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE

Tags:
  2. Radical Dreamer Let's hear some boots.

3. SoulTaker The Ever Living

Dark Willow was going to bring about the apocalypse,only the the love of her childhood friend stopped her.I don't think Dragu Slave is strong enough to compete with that.Dark Willow also has superhuman stregnth and reflexes on par with Buffy.

4. Purgatory Banned

Just a reminder, Dark Willow can't not be bloodlust (I'm a Buffy fan, go fig). I've only seen her kill that one guy (skinned him alive) to avenge Terra's death. I think Dark Willow takes it here, she is one bad bitch.

5. ez Jesus Christ

ms. lesbo ftw

6. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

If willow can do all that, then Lina shouldn't have been nerfed.Laguna blade would kill any humam, no matter how powerful

7. SoulTaker The Ever Living

I never really nerfed her,it's not like she uses Giga Slave anymore anyway.She stopped after realizing how dangerous it was.The real nerf happens with Laguna Blade,and thats only if people think it's too strong for Dark Willow.

8. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

Dragon Slave has the potential to kill pretty much anything thats weaker than Ruby Eyes.

9. Radical Dreamer Let's hear some boots.

And the failure of this thread is pushed into the light. The thread maker bans all attacks that could kill his favorite character; it's the Ranma vs. Luffy thread all over again! You wouldn't happen to be an alt account of Megadoomer, would you?

And to the guy who say go Miss Lesbo; Lina and Naga appreciate the vote of confidence! Thanks. :wink

10. Wesley Guess who it is!?

Well Lina stopped her world's equavalient of armageddon several times over while also almost causing it on a seperate occasion. She always had her allies with her though and her leadership, rather then her spells, is what really keeps everyone alive. Admittedly, her powers, aside from the LoN derivitives, aren't necessarily unique to her however she has a merciless streak and a legendary temper that removes all hesitation and self restraint.

She has an above average stamina when it comes to casting dark magics. She can literally fire off Dragon Slaves all day, as well as certain elements of Shamanism. She knows curse and enchantment breakers and can form barriers of low to average yield. She has some limited skills with healing.

The thing about Lina is she can be killed fairly easily, but also knows how to run away and quickly when she knows she's outclassed. Usually following these retreats she has a strategy session with her troupe. In a situation where she's by herself she would look for an oppurtunity to take her oppenent by surprise, whether through acting weaker then she really is or attacking her oppenent when their attention is elsewhere.

Lina's greatest asset is her mind. Her arsenal of magics is secondary to what makes her character a success. She is a genius magician, but only through hard work, practice, and lots of studying has she managed to come as far as she has. She wouldn't even be able to use LoN's special brand of Chaos if it weren't for her personality and mental fortitude.

11. SoulTaker The Ever Living

For one thing,Lina doesn't even use Giga Slave so it is a none factor,hell I even took off blood lust so for all intents and purposes both are in character.The only way she is nerfed is Laguna Blade and even then it's up in the air for the debaters to decide if it should be place out of her spell set.Anywa,to even compare this to Ranma vs Luffy is very extreme and very unnecessary.I don't agree with the result of it,but people should move on from it already.Most of the more logical believe Ranma would win anyway.And characters get nerfed to make battles more even.Maybe it's you with the fan bias towards Lina because nerfing characters is a common practice,even in Khamzul's template he had a spot for that purpose.I really don't appreciate you asking if I'm Megadoomer,not that I have anything against that person but the way I don't agree with the way he ran the tournament.In that case logic should have dictated the winner and not the tied poll.

Isn't Lina into Gouriel,or is she bi?

12. Wesley Guess who it is!?

Lina's more interested in food, money, and power, but she does appreciate a worthy companion or terrible nusciance when he or she presents themselves respectively. Lina does concern herself with maintaining her "purity" though. Her body is her temple, things like that. If it's not for strategy, she's a prude.

She's been kissed only once. At least by a human. There was this one fishman who took advantage of her this one time...

And as for Gigaslave, people put it into the same context as the Kamehameha when really it isn't anything like that. Sure, it may look like giant fireball or energy beam or whatever manifestation it takes, but in reality it's a wish you ask L-sama to grant you. A caster's force of will, intent, and desires all intertwine and bind themselves with the chaos words spoken to L-sama. If you're worthy, your wish or desire is worthy, and L-sama is in the mood you get your wish granted.

It's not really something you cast to save your own life or to defeat your everyday oppenent.

Laguna Blade on the other hand destroys reality on a knife's edge. It's failed in the past though and it's cutting power isn't absolute, even if most barriers, dimensions, and defenses are paper mache' to it.

13. Gunshin Chocoball Mukai!!111

Lina wins, especially in character. Lina will throw a Dragon Slave at you in the beggining of a match and there is no evidence that DW can take that kind of firepower. Come on, if Buffy can damage DW h2h and a little blast from Giles can as well... Dragon Slave would disintegrate her. Unless you'd argue that Dark Willow is stronger than Shabranigdo.. which would be ridiculous.

Lina has beaten beings FAR stronger than DW. Lets face it, if DW tried to act up in the Slayersverse, she'd get put in her place really really fast.

14. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

I actually think her spells are stronger than most people's.

Like Zolf was able to cast a Dragon Slave, but I don't think his is as strong as Lina's. I know he used against Ruby Eyes, so there isn't really proof, but come on. Its Zolf.