1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Lina Inverse vs Dark Schnider

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Amatsu, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Amatsu

So if Lina Inverse is capable of beating Goku with ease let's give her a real challenge. Can Lina POSSIBLY win this one? Heck doesn't seem like anyone else can.

Tags:
  2. Keollyn Retired Staff

Well Lina likely CAN win against Goku because Lina is a "shoot first, ask questions later" kind of person whereas Goku is the opposite. And when Link shoots... she doesn't use low-level attacks neither (also contrary to Goku and pretty much everyone in DBZ)

3. Amatsu

Well what I was referring to was my Lina Inverse vs Goku thread where it was pretty much said she'd literally rip him a new ass so to speak.

So I wanted to give Lina a real challenge. At first I wanted to put her against Ideon but Dark Schnider is on the same tier as her so I wanna see how that goes.

I figure... Lina will kill him after he insults her breast size.

4. Keollyn Retired Staff

Lina is only equal (actually, above) to Dark Schneider THROUGH the use of Giga Slave. Otherwise, Lina isn't equal to Dark Schneider.

5. Amatsu

what about the fact that Lina can call forth the actual god of her verse to cause destruction?

I mean that pretty much says she's equal to DS.

Though man... It really is hard finding a good opponent for her... Every time I try they're either too weak or too strong... There's not really a middle is there?

6. ~Shin~

Lina won't even have time to cast the spell and stuff so dark schneider can kill her with ease and DS can teleport you to another dimension so bye bye Lina

7. SoulTaker

Keollyn was refering to Giga Slave,thats the spell that allows her to call upon the god of her verse.Anyway isn't Laguna Blade pretty good as well?

Like Keollyn said,only through Giga Slave.

Dr.Strange would be a good match,maybe you just need to restrict Giga Slave.

8. Amatsu

Yeah the main problem with Lina is her power just pian fluctuates far too much. Especially with Giga Slave on her side. It's really hard to find a middle ground for her when she can either practically kill an opponent with Giga Slave or lose easily to someone on the same tier as her.

Yet as shown by other posts here she's not even close to being equal with DS even though they're both on the same level.

So yeah... Maybe there needs to be a who can/cannot beat Lina Inverse thread so we can actually figure out where her power lies or something like that.

Oh forgot to mention this but would the fact that Lina's a girl have any sort of affect on DS? Since you know he's a pervert and all.

9. Keollyn Retired Staff

Edit: Nevermind. Soultaker answered it for you.

10. Amatsu

and as I said true... but restricting Giga Slave would be hard since Lina uses that technique a lot. So what Tier is Lina without Giga Slave?

11. ladytanaka

I rather doubt that Lina has the necessary hotness factor to attract DS's attention or distract him during a fight. I got the impression that while he's a lecherous womanizing pervert, he does have some standards.

And if DS is in the mood to kick ass, he's not the type to go easy on his opponent, even if she's a gorgeous voluptuous sex bomb of a female (e.g., Arshes Nei, whom he unquestionably loves).

DS hesitate because Lina is a girl? Not a chance. Although they might spend more time hurtling verbal insults at each other than throwing spells, unless bloodlusted.

12. Keollyn Retired Staff

I think you're mistaken the Dragon Slave for the Giga Slave. Unless the manga has changed a great deal of the story... Lina, at one point, refused to use it because of the potential danger it presented to the world. Now Dragon Slave... she does shoot that pretty regularly.

13. Amatsu

Actually yeah I think I am... I thought Giga Slave was her normal attack but she just held back it's full power or something... Guess I was wrong there.

14. Suzumebachi

She sealed the Giga Slave after Slayers NEXT. Uncastable after that. But she is pretty damn powerful without it. Dragon Slave, Laguna Blade, Ra Tilt, healing magic, summoning, and more. She's got it all.

15. Amatsu

Well even so I still think she has a chance against DS even without Giga Slave.

16. Suzumebachi

I'd love to say so too being that Slayers is my favorite anime/manga/novel, but I've never seen Bastard!!:huh

17. Wesley

Lina doesn't know the Ra Tilt. She most certainly doesn't have it all. She's very good at certain elements of Shamanism, especially fire. She has the basics in White Magic. She's a very talented Sorcerer with the Dark Arts.

Giga Slave is not an option for her. You guys make it sound like it's a casual thing with her. The truth is Giga Slave can destroy the world, among many, things. She's only used it once as intended and that was to destroy a piece of Shabringado. She was sucessful, but afterwords she expressed doubt that it had been all her that had defeated him.

Other factors include that she used the Sword of Light to enhance her control. It also boosted her own power so she could actually manage the power she was bringing into the world. Secondly, Rezo the Red Priest, the Host for Ruby Eye, was said to have held him back with the last vestiages of his humanity.

Lina's good, but it's not like using Giga Slave gives you ALL of the power of the Lord of Nightmares. Just like how Dragon Slave doesn't bring down all of Ruby Eye's power. It's but a small piece of their true power that Lina simply borrows.

Even if her life was in danger, she wouldn't use Giga Slave, and even if she did cast it, she has to use Chaos words, otherwise the power would blow up in her face. This means it'll take about a minute to properly execute the spell.

I'm not saying she can't beat this DS fellow though. I don't even know who he is.

18. Keollyn Retired Staff

As much as I respect Lina for being who she is, I'm fairly certain her chances against DS aren't as great as one would believe. This guy hasn't been troubled by high level magic since Antharax (and that's midway through the manga). The only thing in Lina's CURRENT spell roster DS has to worry about is Laguna Blade, and even that isn't a sure thing (lack of speed is one of the culprits). Well, I feel inclined to post some scans.

LOOP AND LOOP - NARUTO x TSUNADE VERSION ONLY
    ENGLISH TRANSLATION

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

x

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

x

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Link removed

I think I'm done.

19. Yak

Well, I don't know anything about Lina and the Slayers-verse so my opinion on this will be pretty one sided (especially since I own the complete Bastard!! manga :sweatdrop). Anyway, even if Lina excells with fire and black magic I have my doubts it will do anything to DS except making him stronger. Even pre-time skip and before Judas Pain DS has shown the ability to use enemy fire magic to amplify his own spells (volume 2, against Efreet, the Fire Spirit) or absorb the magic to restore his body (volume 20/21, absorbing Archangel Michaels fire-sword power) or to grow stronger. With Judas Pain, DS absorbs Darkness and uses it to upgrade and strengthen his body, like in the fight with the devil Konron in vol. 21/22.

For the speed and general power difference I can't comment on anything since I don't know enough about Slayers. Light/White or elemental magic other than fire is probably the only thing to hurt DS normally or you'd need something seriously big and powerful to kill him permanently, seeing how he even survives as only a head with spine attached.

20. Devil King Sanji

Anyone care to give me links/info of these two manga?

21. Amatsu

couldn't the sword of light give her an advantage?

22. Futagokage

It depends which Lina and Which Dark Schneider.

Lina at the end of Slayers Try? After Knight of aqualord?

Same with DS at the end of Bastard? Prior Sealing?

Even scenario this fight seems very intense.

23. Keollyn Retired Staff

It's still a matter of if she can hit Darshu. He is faster than her.

24. Amatsu

Which is beginning to make me wonder if I should make a rule or something for this fight that Lina doesn't need incantations to cast spells... in a way she can do it instantly and as often as she likes. At least then she could be a little speedier.

I don't know... would you think that would work?

Oh and I was reading a little bit of Bastard today and it said DS needs Reagants in order to cast spells... How does THAT come into the fight?

25. Keollyn Retired Staff

The best matchup for Lina would be pre-Majin DS a bit before fighting Anthrax VS. Lina as per TRY.

It would be a better matchup because DS can't blitz her if he was post-Anthrax. Heck, she may have a shot to win there.

26. Amatsu

I still say DS at some point is going to make a crack on Lina's lack of a rack and then Lina's going to kill him right then and there.

After all... a calm Lina is all well and good but an angry Lina is not one to be mesed with.:laugh

27. Kage no Yume

It's more likely that he'll hit on her, and the fight will end with him adding another woman to his harem.

28. Kira-chan

Nah Lina's one girl who would never fall for him, their personalities are just too alike for them to ever get along (both being parodies of munchkiny RPers and all).

Keollyn's right though, this fight would be best using pre-Anthrax Dark Schneider.

29. Kamen Rider Ryoma

Dark Schneider wins... Venom is a broken spell against all organic creatures.

30. Kira-chan

Still only effects a small area though, so it is possible to dodge.