1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

List of adult supporting cast to possibly show up again

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Mizura, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Mizura Meh

O-kay so I don't know about you but ever since Gai I've been getting the Distinct impression that Kishimoto's been "showing off" as many of the supporting adult cast as possible while blatantly neglecting the younger generation *boo*. Now with 4 randomites showing up, of whom most people probably don't even know the names (save for the awesome Aoba of course), I'd figure that just in case, I'd dig up the list of other potential candidates to show up.

All ranks are as described in databook 2, ie pre-timeskip. I have no way of knowing if anybody's been promoted since, so don't ask.

First off, for those who need confirmation:
    - Kotetsu and Izumo were chuunin. Along with Tombo and Iwashi, they were Chuunin examinators.
    - Aoba and Raidou (here's another Raidou) were special jounin.
    - if you don't know what ranks Asuma and Gai are, there's a problem with you.

From lower ranks to upper ranks:

Chuunins:

- Tombo and Iwashi - they were present in the Chuunin exams, and also had unknown skills. I'm inclined to believe that if they reappear, they'd also show up as a "pair"
    - Suzume - she was teacher for younger girls. She was also featured on post-timeskip chapter 250's cover, for those who remember.
    - lol - hey, you never know.

Special jounins:

- Shiranui Genma - although he's supposedly fought against Baki, we haven't seen what he's capable of either. Pre-timeskip, he was on a mission with Shizune, Raidou and Iwashi, so if he is involved in a combo, it might be with Shizune (poison cloud + senbons sounds okay to me. Say you think Genma is also the Wind type?)
    - Morino Ibiki - why not? I'm actually a bit curious about Ibiki.
    - Mitarashi Anko - she was already featured in a pre-timeskip fight against Orochimaru, but because of her ties to Orochimaru she might just show up again.
    - Ebisu - lol. Why not? Might drag along Konohamaru and co. to do... something.

Anbu:

- Uzuki Yuugao - Anbu girl, Hayate's girlfriend when he was alive.
    - random pointless Anbu teams - bleargh. You know, the type to just stand around watching Sandaime getting killed instead of helping in the War against the rest of the invaders? Fortunately, they don't seem to have a databook entry, so it might point to them never being mentioned again. *prays*

Jounins:
    - Shizune - she's already been shown in the fight against Orochimaru pre-timeskip, and she's already demonstrated her medical abilities by healing Neji, but we do know that she gets sent sometimes on missions (she was on the squad returning to Konoha during the rescue arc, and she offered to go after Orochimaru with her own team instead of Kakashi's)
    - Kurenai is bound to get dragged back along with the rest of her team. Unlike Gai and Asuma though, her abilities are better "known" (Gai didn't demonstrate actual techniques pre-timeskip, while Asuma's blade thingy only got explained recently. Kurenai though, is well... genjutsu. What is there more to explain?), but she'd still show up and maybe even get the focus for the first fight team 8 is involved in.

Old geezers:

- Homura and Koharu - hey, you never know.
    - the Legendary Sannin are bound to show up again.

Food:

- Tonton, Gamakichi, Gamatatsu... you know the drill.

The remaining cast are the families that showed themselves during the Konoha invasion. Since they have already shown part of what they're capable of, and now have their children to "represent" them, they shouldn't be involved too much. Still, I Am sort of curious about the following two:
    - Nara Yoshino - Shikamaru's mom. I'm actually a bit curious about her.
    - Inuzuka Hana - Kiba's sister. We've neither seen Tsume nor Hana in action, save for seeing that they had bigger dogs. We Do know that Hana is a veterinarian though (gah, I'm starting to see female medic-nin everywhere now :cry

So what do you think? Who are the next pointless characters to show off and put off any meaningful action from the current generation? =\

Tags:
  2. Wrath Mourning

Actually, I have a more optimistic view of this. Kishimoto has to show off these characters now, because pretty soon the important characters will have surpassed them. Once the kids are stronger than these guys, there's no point to featuring them.

3. Mizura Meh

^ See, if that were true, then it'd imply for example that he showed off Gai instead of Neji, Lee and Tenten more because Neji, Lee and Tenten have surpassed him somewhat.

Somehow I'm inclined to not really believe that. =\

And I simply don't see the point of showing off people whom nobody remembers no matter what the case. >_< I think he's either stalling or finding a cheap way to fill up databooks and merchandises, while accumulating more volumes and "saving" the rest of the cast for whenever he needs a quick boost to ratings. :notrust

4. gabha GB's Norman

Tombo would be awesome, if only so that I can see one of my friends having a heart attack smile-big smile-big .

And Nara Yoshino figting, that would pwn on so many levels....:nuts

5. Woozie Active Member

Kishi made Akatsuki too strong, so now he needs to introduce jounin+ level ninjas to deal with them alongside the chuunins.

Sasori was killed by a character we hadn't even known about since that arc.

6. Splintered Active Member

I like the introduction of the new characters because it expands our view of the nins and we get to see that the entire village is mobilizing to react to this threat and it's starting to feel like a real crisis. :3 I want to see the other chuunins/specials jounins/anbu/jounins start to do something, even if its minor. Of course, I'd rather have the main cast of exgenins but I'm sure they'll show up sooner or later.

7. ZensetsuDoKDo Fresh from Northern Marianas

Whos next?Norman?

BTW,he is god with that moustache.

8. I Я Reckless! shoot 'em dead

Well, id like to see Genam personally actually fight alongside Raidou since they are both special jounin and it be interesting to see what tecniques they use, how they fight, etc.Besides they must have been pretty skilled if they forced the sound 4 into their cursed seal states just to defeat them

9. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Id love to see Hiashi fight against an Akatsuki member with Neji and Hinata, not likely to happen as neji is the main Hyuuga but maybe killing off Hiashi ina fight would be a good way to show how neji has grown emotionally, seeing Hiashi as a new fatehr figure.

Id like to see Baki fight if we are going to go to Sunagakura again.

10. B.o.t.i Active Member

Well I would'nt get to happy beside aoba & maybe raidou those other cats are setting up to be pwnd when kaku & hidan get back.

I think its time to kill these relatively old cats & replace them with the team members. I think some of these jounins are gonna get merced(killed) & the rest of the team guys neji & co will have to step up & be forced to jounin rank therefore they actually come back into the story & are considered the NEW GENERATION.

Fact of the matter is this arc imo is showing why akat are insanely STRONG yet WEAK at the same time they don't have enough firepower to take down a MAJOR village or course major harm to one yet.Thats why I think hidan & kaku will not even get into konoha since they will be held off by konoha nins they will kill alot of them ,but just won't get into konoha too much military power in the end.

How I see it is hidan & kaku will be battling for some time & eventually naruto will finish training & come out of konoha & fight them.

IF this arc happens like this it could add more drama to naruto as a character by him seeing all the dead bodies & such it could have him think that he is a danger to the village etc,etc.It could have him think about what he is doing how everyone helping him to live yet in the end naruto's getting them killed

You know some deep shit like that and after this akat failure depending who dies.We can begin to see more on akat & why bijuu's are important to them most likely they want to be new jinchuuruki's who knows.

fanfic mode off now.

11. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

I fail to see how he's ignoring the younger generation. What he is doing is just common logic.

1.)This team is made to specifically counter Akatsuki and consists of some of its most skilled ninja's. Now would Tsunade make teams of 4 that consists of inexperienced chuunin teenagers to counter the worlds most dangerous criminal organization? Or would she mix the 2 together, provide experienced leadership from old jounins supported by younger chuunins.

You can bet that if this was Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, and Naruto vs. Hidan/Kakuzu that there would of been massive (and rightful) bitching that there was no way they could stand up to 2 Akatsuki members. The kids are a lot stronger then they used to be, but they still can't stand up to Akatsuki members without some kind of jounin support.

2.)He's trying to show that this is an effort by all of Konoha and not just the relevant cast of characters.

12. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

Don't compare trash like Ninjas A, B and C to Lady Shizune :yell

She actually played a staring role in the Tsunade arc and ever since then whenever Tsunade has been around so has Shizune. She's a real character.

By comparison Genma, Aoba and Raido are little more than names with bodies.

13. Iruka ♡♥~カカシxイルカ~♥♡

These characters aren't pointless at all. (Especially the Chuunin - Jounin. Although, from the old geezer - food I could care less about.) I think it's good that Kishimoto shows them this way. It's about time we learn something about the ability and strength of the adults in the Narutoverse, especially Konoha. And especially on those individual chuunin - jounin that have been affected by this (naruto -character-) story. (Yes, even Iruka needs a chance for spotlight too.)

Since the beginning of Naruto, we have been shown kids fighting the olds and youngs. Which makes you think how strong these adults really are in that world. Yea, the kids are the main cast of the generation we are being shown to but, the adults needs to take a stand too.

I also don't think that Kishimoto is neglecting the Youngling. Just because he decided to show the Adults this time doesn't mean that the Youngling will not have a chance. My thought is that the Youngling will have their chance on the final battle if they didn't already being shown somewhat before. So far, the Asuma's and Gai's team has had a chance to partake on the journey and battle. It's only the Kurenai's team that hasn't yet has their turn. With this arc and how it's going, my thought is that the Kurenai team will have their spotlight soon.