1. img
    Enter in the Alley Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is December 15th.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

lol pairishippings

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of the November 2008' started by El Torero, Apr 6, 2008.

1. El Torero

Yes guys, Gintama has pairishippings too.

Let?s talk about the most canon:

-KondoxOtae: Gorilla is a love martyr. He gets almost murderer by Otae-san tons of times for love!

-GintokixSa-chan: ''GIN-SAN, TIE ME!''

-ShimpachixOtsu-chan: Shimpachi. Best fan. EVER.

-OkitaxKagura: they?re always rivalizing between them, aren?t they? xD

-KatsuraxElizabeth. Elizabeth is so cute! I?m in love with here too :love

And:

-GintokixHijikata. 100% canon :nuts

Tags:
  2. Arti

Hijikata X Gintoki XD

Its Like seeing a strawberry Cake Made of Maiyonesse XD

100% Canon XD

3. swamped

Hijikata/Gintoki !! Never thought about that before...
    Okita/Kagura is definitely my favourite (especially during that festival).
    Otae/Gintoki: The scenes where Otae nurses Gin are just...amazing...

4. HEATAQUA

KondoxOtae
    KaguraxElizabeth XD i don't why i like that one
    All Yuri(KyubeixOtae,KaguraxOtae,ETC but no Otose nor Cathrine)

5. Neenah

Rivalry!loev at best.

:a

6. Arti

I would Love to see that one Happening X3

Agreed:nod

Otose Catherine ??

there goes my lunch:faint

7. HEATAQUA

I said no Otose nor Cathrine in any yuri pairing

8. RamzaBeoulve

9. Powdered Toast Man

Katsura and that one girl who owned the ramen shop.

Also the whole Joi faction was a love affair.
    Shinsuke/Katsura/Gintoki/Sakamoto

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  10. Austeria

My favourite is probably OkitaxKagura. They're so hilarious together. :laugh

11. swamped

Never really occured to me that it could be the case before the Benizakura arc! :laugh. The part where they leave notes for each other is great.

12. occasionalutopia

Lulz, that's absolutely gross in that awesome way.

Any Gintama ship is basically lulz + fun, no pairing wank ftw! That said, my favourites are Otae/Gintoki (he deserves the PAIN! :LOS), Okita/Kagura (riotous twin insanity ftw), Okita/Hijikata (in Gintama, murder means I love you) and basically the whole Joi group in a sex pile.

13. Fr3sh Pink

Whew. I'm glad I'm not late for this one... :nod

Well...the anime has A LOT more undertones than in the manga. :oh

But my opinion on that? Just doensn't sit well with me. :/ Otae seems more of a motherly figure to me so her and Gintoki together...sends wierd ripples through my skin. :huh

Gin/Kagu. FOR THE FREAKIN' WIN. (check my spoiler tag) I'm sad there isn't much fans of this pairing here. D: Maybe I should hitch a ride to Japan... :laugh
    Oki/Kagu. I like their petty disputes, but it's the same as HijiGin for me - they're the same, they clash. Wouldn't want them to get together though. Love the rivalry...just not the love. :wink
    Hiji/Otae. Err...yeah. This is love. smile-big I have no idea why, but the thought of them being together sounds nice...and besides - Otae mentioned she liked serious guys. :3
    Kondo/Otae. Hey, she's gotta come around SOMETIME, yeah? XD
    Katsura/Ikumatsu AKA Ramen Shop Owner. Too short! I loved that episode. :amuse
    Sakamoto/Mutsu. Silly guy...serious girl...= great chemistry.

14. Arti

Haven't seen the Benizakura arc yet:sag

lol agreed:sag i wonder how the cake will tase like:sag
    and otaeXGintoki is just meh EpicX3

15. El Torero

Episode 50 had a GinxKagura and ShimpachixKagura stuff :hehee

The best pairing of all for me is:

Spoiler:
    KatsuraxElizabeth :nuts

16. Fr3sh Pink

YESH. HUZZAH FOR THE GINXKAGU. It shall win in the end... *cackles conspiratorically* But ep50 had Kagura first married to Shinpachi, but he got KILLED so it stands as a GINKAGU WIN for me. XD

I'm a tad insane about them...I've literally made mental notes of each and every Gin/Kagu moment. :D The parts where he's giving her a piggy-back, the time when Kagura was trapped in that big alien and Gintoki got her out, the episode where the girls were fighting over who would take Kagura's place as the main heroine...ahhh~<3 :nod

ROFL. KatsuraxElizabeth...too bad it's a he and he's already married. :nuts

17. Austeria

Elizabeth is super compatible with everyone, gentlemen and ladies alike. The best of both worlds. :zaru

18. Fr3sh Pink

Found something interesting on the historical Katsura. :awesome

Taken from wikipedia: However, while in Kyōto, he was unable to prevent the 30 September 1863 coup d'etat by the forces of the Aizu and Satsuma domains, who drove the Chōshū forces out of the city. He was involved in the unsuccessful attempt by Chōshū to regain control of the city on 20 August 1864, and forced into hiding with a geisha by the name of Ikumatsu, who later became his wife.

Hmm...Ikumatsu was the Ramen Shop Owner who let him hide at her place, was she not? :LOS Hot damn, I love these historical refs. :urahaha

Posted this on the other Gintama thread as well.

19. pistols_for_two

I agree 100% with everything you said :nod Especially the GinHiji :hehee It's even been endorsed by Sunrise now, it's like a sundae topped with a heaping of mayo....um...wait...
    LOL, GinxHiji and GinxSa-chan remind me of this image:
    Spoiler:

:amuse

So yes, love for a lot of crack pairings:
    Gintoki x Hijikata (so hilarious together X3)
    Okita x Kagura (together they could rule the world....before destroying 5 seconds later during one of their fights :evil)
    Kondo x Otae (gorilla luv)
    Elizabeth x Katsura (the crackiest canon pairing I've ever come across)
    Sakamoto x Mutsu
    Sa-chan x No glasses
    Shinpachi x Any girl as long as he finally gets laid, poor guy (but better with Otsu-chan!)
    Hijikata x Yamazaki x Badminton(I always find myself saying 'poor Yamazaki' lol)
    Hijikata x Mayo
    Strawberry milk x Gintoki x Sundae (ooh, a menage a trois~)

Gintama is such an awesome cracktastic manga, it leads to awesome cracktastic pairings 8D

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  20. Fr3sh Pink

I whore Kagura around. :awesome

21. stardust

With regards to Kondou and Otae, I really admire how he tries his best, although she's clearly not interested. Being honest, I can almost see her with Gintoki, if she ever ends up with anyone. Although I'd still like her to go with Kondou, but I really can't see them together. Then again, I can't see anyone in Gintama ending up together, but I suppose this is a 'wish' situation.
    Gintoki and Sa-chan shall never happen; her affection is just a gag, really. I could say the same with Kondou and Otae, but you can tell there is some sort of seriousness behind it.

I could actually see OkiKagu happening, regardless of it being a Shounen Jump manga. Not right now, but perhaps several years down the line. I've a feeling that Sougo probably cares more for her then he lets on. He won't let anyone harm her, and he's willing to team up with her. I see Sougo as a character who acts on him own, a proud type of person, who won't let anyone get in the way of what he has to do; the fact that he offered to team up with Kagura says quite a lot, in my opinion. We even see him considering her somewhat, in the beetle episode, 'that woman...'. The fact that Kagura thinks he likes her was fairly amusing, but it hasn't been touched on since. I've a feeling it was just said for comedic effect, but then again, who knows? It could be foreshadowing of sorts.

While I think Sougo might have some sort of feelings stirring for her, I don't think the same could be said for her. Right now, I think she sees him as an eyesore, really. She loves to see him get riled up, and despises him. While she gives off the impression that she dislikes him intensely, it's different for Sougo.

22. Camille

GinHiji :iria

I really liked HijiMitsuba :(

23. Tomochii-Chan

They're jsut hilarious together XDD Plus, the fanarts got me into them :pek

24. halfhearted

Kondo x Anyone: I love Kondo. I find him to be absolutely hysterical in nearly every situation that he's placed in, while being consistently touched by his "manly" call to romance and brotherhood. While I'm happy to see my affection for him echoed by the entire Shinsengumi, I'd really enjoy see him giving and being reciprocated in a romantic fashion. Whether its Otae, a gorilla, or Hijikata Okita random Shinsengumi member #7, I want Kondo to have someone. And, I enjoy every instance in which he's portrayed as having someone in fanworks, in the anime, whatever it may be.

Okita x Kagura: A combination of the absolutely gorgeous fanart that exists for this pair along with their amusing attraction/repulsion towards each other made me love the idea. Out of everyone in the series, they appear to be the two who are best matched with one another in personality (even if, by the end of the day, any coupling on their part would result in the fiery destruction of Edo <3). And, out of all the characters, these are the two who seem to most exude a feeling of nonplatonic tension when they are together that's actually reciprocal.

Anyone x Anyone: Blatant whoring out of the entire cast is something that I came to love shortly after searching for fanart the first time. While I don't think I'd like seeing Gintoki or Hijikata or any other character that just "feels" like a heterosexual male ending up being in a male/male or male/it relationship (it would take away from some of the humor in the crossdressing, tsundere, and steam room fight scenes for me), I won't ever be one to turn down a quick look at some KonHiji, GinShin, GinHiji, TakaKatsu or so on in fanworks.

As for pairings that I dislike, there aren't really any. The only one I get slightly bothered with due to how it occasionally appears to receive development in canon is Otae x Gintoki. I'm not certain if it's because she's my least favorite character and he's my most favorite, if it's because I just don't like the thought of their dynamic together extending beyond what it already is, or something else entirely. But, it's probably the only one that I'll actively ignore in fandom and in the series itself.

25. Jicksy

gin X sa-chan my fave :awesome "tie me up"? "definitely" :LOS

26. Lilykt7