1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Lol yet another roadblock FF X

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by CrimsonSoulz, Oct 27, 2006.

1. CrimsonSoulz Ino-Shika-Cho!!!!!!

I am at the part were u fight Seymore Natuas or sumthing ... i read sum guides on how to defeat him, but i was wondering what u guys did too defeat him :/ ?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Athrum I..I..just don't know...

3. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Ah, a Seymour battle...what joy eh?

Ok, first thing you should always be doing, assuming you want easy wins, is to get all your Aeons into Overdrive mode before getting into these battles. I'm not sure, but I believe you get one shot with each Aeon before Natus immediately wipes them out like usual, so be sure to get them all into Overdrive prior. It's not hard, considering the enemies on that bridge can do it quite effectively.

A practical way of deating him is by pounding that Mortibody hard, as whenever he loses life, he draws it from Seymour's life, killing him. However, the little urchin is known to cast Cura on him afterwards, negating the damage he took. Bestt thing to do is cast Reflect on him and continue to let the Mortibody have it, while reaping the benefits of Cura.

Shell would be ideal too, as Seymour's multi spells do considerable damage, and you don't want to find yourself suddenly trying to revive someone while fending Seymour off. Again, I'm not sure if you can get Shell at this point, as it may be too far away on the grid, but if you can, do it. If not, use Yuna's Null spells and equip any elemental accessories that either negate elemental spells or preferably, heal the character from them. You also must beware his Flare spell, which he seems to love casting much more often when he's low on HP. This spell is quite deadly at this stage in the game and can usually KO a person instantly, so be sure to have plenty of Life or Phoenix Downs ready. Seymour will also try to petrify you when he's not trying to blast the heck out of you with spells, so make sure to have any Stoneproof accessories or Softs to help here.

And finally, don't be afraid to alternate characters. Rikku has Al Bhed Potions, which can work well, and Tidus has Haste, which gives your characters a boost in speed. Finally, it's been awhile since I've played X, so I'm not sure, but you probably could try attacking Seymour directly, but I forget whether he is a heavy type (halves physicals) and whether he changes his attacks.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  4. CrimsonSoulz Ino-Shika-Cho!!!!!!

Well i did most of things u posted here, but i dont have reflect or shell... well its ok seymore aint that hard...

5. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Depending on how close you are to them, you could just camp out on the bridge and train to your heart's content. I know I did, as it had good experience and there's a Save Sphere, plus O'aka. You really couldn't have a better spot at that point in the game. :p But yeah, as you said, he isn't ungodly hard, just make sure he doesn't manage to petrify you or go on a Flare spree and you should be alright.

6. b0rt retired, moving on. =)

Bio works on him. So first off use Bio. It'll take off 1400 HP every one of his turns. After that keep attacking the Mortiobody and if Yuna goes into overdrive use Mega Flare, and well there's 15000 damage, he has 36000 HP so a few -1400 of his HP every turn he takes and a few times that Mortiobody absorbs 1000-4000 HP off him when you kill him and he should be dead. If not keep using Auron and attack him. Also if you have an overdrive like Slice & Dice that works nice too if it comes up.

7. CrimsonSoulz Ino-Shika-Cho!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice guys : D oh got reps lol!

8. Prince Leon Still in Love with you Tomoe

Honestly I just ripped right into him as soon as the battle started (using Tidus, Auron and Rikku with stuff like haste and basically just physical attacks). :oh

Ahh...it's been a while since I've played it though. :amuse

9. Kimimaro Neg rep only plz

Well, after a few playthroughs, I easily defeated Seymour with only Rikku.

10. geG Very Rude

Well, there are 4 different Seymour fights in the game. Could you describe this one a bit?

11. Kimimaro Neg rep only plz

You talking to me? Well, if so, for the first one I petrified the two guardians with the stonestrike on Rikku's weapon. Then, I (only Rikku) just normally attacked Seymour until he summoned Anima. I threw 2 Dark Matters at her (which I won from Blitzball). After that, I threw Ice Gems etc. to attack and whatever kind of potion to heal myself. The rest of the Seymour fights were much easier; since I had all the Al Bhed primers from the start, all I had to do was talk to Rin in the Airship to receive 99 Underdog's secret. Before going into any of the Seymour fights (or any boss for that matter), I charge Rikku's overdrive. I wait till my teammates die, then just mix bomb core x Underdog's secret. Use one or two fire gems or whatever, and job's done.

12. geG Very Rude

I was talking to the thread starter, but that's still pretty interesting. :blink

13. Kimimaro Neg rep only plz

Oh. Well, Seymour Natus is the second Seymour boss. He has Mortibody companion (kinda like a flying creature). I can't really describe more. You could always check a vid on youtube.

14. DTMaster Self Proclaimed Lurker. >.>

Also, if you aren't past this point already I believe you can get an overkill if you save your last attack for an overdrive Bahamut. I usually try and save my strongest aeon overdrive in these battles for the overkill and the 2x experience. :)

15. tanukibeast bijuuslayer

lol i pwnd seymour so hard when i played through. well you could always just finish up everybody's own grid. oh and use all the break abilities to :)

16. Sakashi Water good, Milktea better

seymours a dick. i nearly smashed my controller in frustration trying to beat him.

17. Kimimaro Neg rep only plz

Not if you train well ;)

18. b0rt retired, moving on. =)

. . .Or stay in your own sphere grid. That is always vital too. Never leave your own part of the grid until you've completed it. Trust me.

19. CrimsonSoulz Ino-Shika-Cho!!!!!!

Yay lol it was EZ. Just use Shiva's limit breaker then Bahumates also Ixions, and Ifrit to finish him off X D
    thanks guys : P

20. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

It's the one you fight in Bevelle. He's the first one that can use "Death Awaits You!"