1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by MusubiKazesaru, Jun 22, 2019.

1. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

When Lord El-Melloi II, the later Waver Velvet, gets asked to claim his inheritance over Adra Castle, he travels there with his apprentice Gray to do so. But they are not the only ones called that way. The will of the previous owner states that the assembled contestants—including Luviagelita Edelfelt—must compete in a game of wits to win the castle.

Tags:
  2. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

There was an OVA for this show that came out a season or two ago.

3. Aeternus

If the quality is anything like in the special episode, then this is going to be rather good.

4. Kellogem

The characters of the OVA annoyed me so much... particularly the 2 young guys. also it felt like it wanted to be kind of deep and philosophical, intriguing and smart, while I felt it was neither of them.

one thing good about it the production qualities, but even with that I just didnt feel the action scene with the car chase.. too over the top.

goind to give this another chance since its supposed to be a type-moon thing, even if not written by nasu, but I dont have good feelings about that.. and god, Luviagelita, maybe the most obnoxious and annoying t-m character Im aware of (mind you Im not following most of the Fate milking projects) is going to be in it? ugh..

5. NPC

6. Aeternus

That was a nice first episode. If they can keep this up, then it is going to be a very good show.

7. Skaddix

Indeed like how they integrated stuff from the previous series as well.

Plus you know its interesting to see how things work and what Mages get up to without a Holy Grail War Rage.

8. Kellogem

eh, dont like any of the characters.. bunch of goofballs, everyone seams to have this mixture of teasing / cheerful / sly attitude. vomiting blood as comic relief.. sure. the serious parts dont last for half of a minute, you'd guess a guy thrown into a dungeon to be sacrificed latter would have a different attitude than "oh geez!"

giving it 2 more eps, but I just have the feeling the writing style of whoever wrote this is not for me.

looked pretty good regarding production values though.. probably better then what the story deserves if I would have to guess.

bunch of muscle flexing around titles and trying to reach Akasha.. mages are a boring bunch.

if something, Id rather know about the Church or the Dead Apostles. the battles of these 2 would surely make a more interesting story than the internal working of the Clock Tower.

9. Skaddix

@Kellogem fair enough I more used Mages as a stand in, I just meant I am curious as to what the major players get up to when not fighting a Holy Grail War.

And yeah it does feel more lighthearted and comedic but it could get Dark.

10. NPC

Good episode to introduce Grayber's skills.
    Spoiler:

11. Aeternus

Yeah, it felt like they used this episode mostly to demonstrate what Gray is capable. Not that I mind of course.

12. Kellogem

I think I've had enough.. the characters in this doesnt feel like type-moon characters at all (at least the good old ones not from shitty spinoffs), both in personality and appearance.. that stupid talking cube thing was especially off putting. looked like something from Yu-Gi-Oh.. and that irritating attitude..

Feels like they just took a bunch of concepts from the T-M universe and put in the obligatory Saberface.

also putting that aside the mysteries just dont intrigue me.

the music and the scenery is pretty good, but thats about it. its trying to feel like this melancholic / philosophical thing very hard, like Kara no Kyoukai, but just lacking in substance. some asshole was just trying to make himself immortal by some ritual that looked like a crime scene and ended up as some generic ghostmonster and got slayed, and they trying to make it look like some deep shit was going on.

also.. the reason Grey supposed to cover her head cause Saber traumatized Waver so much and she reminds him of her? really? what a pile of shit.. that would be weak even if he has a guy helping him out looking like Gilgamesh. I dunno for sure if thats the reason, but iirc thats what they said in the pilot.

13. TYPE-Rey

Aside from the dude who pretty much went on into watching this show while being dead bent on hating it... i do feel like this episode should have been a two parter since the the actual mystery was pretty meh and the reveal and explanations were done in a kinda handwaved fashion.The secondary characters were also just kinda....there and nothing else.It felt like they kinda tried to capture the essence of what Adra was about but without all the natural buildup which was it's biggest draw but also arguably also it's biggest weakness.

Deffinetly the weakest episode of the bunch and speaking of Adra, while i understand why adapting it wouldn't have been the best idea, now i kinda wish they would have adapted it .

Hope that the next filler episodes will have something more substantial to offer to keep interest up untill the actual source material kicks in.

Also, the best part of the episode by far were the two seconds of foreshadowing brought on by Add's transformation. Nice shit Troyca, nice shit.

14. Kellogem

I have no idea why anyone would decide to make an anime out of this before Tsukihime or Mahoyo, or even just sticking to the Fate milkers, Fate Strange Fate or Fate Prototype Fragments of Blue and Silver..

my only guess would be budget reasons cause they are not feeling capable of animating big fights.. so this might be the bottom of the barrel they can pull out that can still get some of that sweet Fate cash, but still doesnt have to spend a lot on it.

15. TYPE-Rey

1. Because the source material is actually good.
    2. Tsukihime and Mahoyo might as well don't exist compared to Fate and it's spinoffs right now.
    3.SF is way too long and unlike CF , there aren't any volumes that are self contained and as a consequence , even unfinished, would need something like 70-100 episodes for an adaption cause Narita can't help himself with his wordbarf. Probably same for Fragments even though that is definetly shorter and would be easier to adapt but it has the added problem at hinting at a sequel that doesn't really exist right now and idk if Nasu will change his mind about not doing anything with Proto proper.