1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Love

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by vj01, Nov 22, 2005.

1. vj01

do u belive love is real and love at frist sight or do u belive that love is just a figment of an emotion what is ur view can someone fall in love or is it just an illution that love is real. can someone just have feeling for someone by just looking at them or is it all a fake
    plz can you tell me your views

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
    Tags:
  2. TheGreatYugi

Love is definately real. Love at first sight is not, that's just called infatuation. Love grows slowly.

3. sunj01

Love is just a word 2 express wat u fell u cant blame love 4 anything because its just a word

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  4. Zhongda

Love (as in wifey, not as mother to child)
    is one of the most usless things i have encountred.

love is a feeling u get after u become extra friendly with the oposite sex.
    it'll mess up your plans for life, (if u have any) if u don't, then go for it!

it'll just cause extra thinking, diversion from your studies, worrying somtimes.
    i believe a person should start looking for love after he reached all his primary goals.

5. sunj01

6. Leen

Love at first sight, no!!!!!! U dont even know that person, u only know him/her by his/her look. They should name it Lust at first sight. That should be better.

7. rimpelcut

you love something when you feel you need it, when you realize you don't need anything in life you start loving life and everything it contains.

8. vj01

love at first sight happens becuse you experience a connection between to people which show that love is real looking at someone then start having this bond drawing you closer and closer. once you see someone that you love with in you will bloosom

as any one ever experinced love at fist sight and tell me how you felt and then everyone will see that love at first sight is real

9. poona

Well, I can't really comment on this coz I have no love life or romantic relationship of any kind. I don't have time for romance, got the IGCSE coming up, and I've got my music and stuff, the load is heavy enough as it is (expect the music, i don't consider it a burden)

I don't really think its possible to have 'love' at first sight. Love is meant to be a kind of friendship with understanding and caring and all that jazz (and the erotic stuff *whistle*s), its much deeper than a simple emotion (thats what I've heard anyway).

10. vj01

has anyone ever been in love by just seeing someone for the first time

11. NeoSlayer666

Yeah I sorta did. Of course I didn't just say "OMG I <3 u" right away, I did get to know her and she was and still is the coolest girl I have met in my life. Unfortunately before I mustered up enough courage to tell her how I felt she moved. Sucked, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have gone out with me anyways, it was enough just being around her tho (as ghey as that sounds). But yeah, I guess u can call that first site. Unfortunately I will agree with Haunter for the most part haha!

12. princesstaco

You meet this person whom immediately catches your fancy. You look them in the eye and think to yourself 'I'm going to end up with this person.' -because it just feels right. And then you get to know them much better and eventually you do end up together.

Maybe it's just infatuation at first, but if it all works out in the end, couldn't it just as easily be considered love at first sight?

I say we've all been corrupted by the media to assume love has to be X,Y, and Z. I say if you think you're in love, and you can honestly say five years down the line that you are still in love/were in love that you are/were in love!

13. martryn

I was going to say that. This topic has been done a billion times before though, so I won't elaborate... again.

14. rimpelcut

love at first sight can happen. Love is not only dependant of the person, your love can go away after talking to that person. The love is mostly dependant of your own subconscious needs and secondly the environment you face.

15. vj01

16. Dommy

17. Crowe

I shouldnt call it love, you get attracted to someone at first sight but then the more you see of her/talk to her, the closer to love it gets.

18. Negative-Ion

Some researchers have found that men (not sure about women) when they are in love their body produces this hormone, dont remember the name. Anyway, this hormone is only present to men that are "in love" the most important thing of this study tho is the following, the ammount of this hormone went down after a year of being in love. So go figure, i dont know.

19. vj01

is that true then some people belive that it is impossbile to figure out love it is just they way you are, the say that science is the one thing that can not figure out love thats wat i have heard

20. ThrawnReborn

I think the most insidious lie told to people is that love is an emotion.

Love is not an emotion, love is a verb. Love acts-- it is not passive. When you love someone, you sacrifice your needs or even yourself for that person, because you see value in him/her. Love is not about you, love is about the giving of you.

21. rimpelcut

ok what is love? i'm atraccted to girls all the time but i'm not talking about that i'm talking about when you get "the feeling" when you fall in love, when you still love the person one year later. That feeling is based on what I told in my previous post.

@thrawnreborn, that is a good explanation. You can see it as the moment that you saw something great, whereever it may be. You gave yourself to it, your consciousness was sucked in.

22. Silverdragon

I rememeber back in highschool I saw a new girl walk into my class. She was not attractive from a social stand point, but as soon as I saw her I was infatuated. I dont belive this is "Love at first sight" but its somethign diffrent...i'de like to rememebr that as an instant infatuation. Its never happened to me again...granted not somthing like that happens all the time. My opinion on love at first sight is that there is no such animal. Maybe lust at fist sight, but not love. I'de like to belive I am in love with my girlfriend whom I am living with..but we have been in a relationship for a very, very long time.

23. vj01

love eat first sight can happen when looking at someone just at that point u know that u want to talk and be with them it is you get a feeling which shows that you are going to like them isnt that love at first sight the feeling you get when looking at someone and knowing that you want to be with them forever i think that is a feeling everyone has had

24. Tejinashi

The so-called "love" is actually the automatic emotion we feel towards other human beings. This emotion keeps us together because we, as social beings, can't function or survive without one another.

As for the "romantic" love, it is also an illusion in a similar way to the other love I put above. It's an emotion we aquire during and after puberty that certainly helps with the overall survival of mankind, if you know what I mean...

Well, that's my theory, anyway... Believe it, or not, I don't rightly care

25. TsunadeChic

Hmmm..... It's a very difficult topic. Some search for it their whole lives. Best I've come up with is this quote someone told me once:

"Ignorant love is 'I love you cause I need you'. Mature love is 'I need you cause I love you."

26. Superking

I can only say from personal experience because I can say that I am not normal in the means of social works, and love is a social work, right? I have no actual experience with love, I have functioned without love. I can be alone forever and be fine, I probably will be alone, so I guess I'm pretty well off that I can stand being alone. However, I imagine things might be better if there was love, but I shouldn't hope for too much, being who I am, I should plan on a continued solitary life. I think I have nothing to offer, so I suppose I was meant to be alone. It may be ridiculous, but I am a bit scared of finding love. I imagine love is for those that diserve it though.

The Bitter Exams, those who are unworthy, will align love like this exam. Most do.
    The initial physical attraction usually isn't part of love, that is usually just a preliminary examination (done in private thought, where the answers are already printed over the person and the examiner just checks his answere sheet), and most people have a media imprint of what is a passing grade. (I imagine I fail most preliminaries, just look at my picture at the left. hehe) The facade personality is the first examination (given extra credit points to the one who visibly scores higher on preliminaries between both participants), a sort of opportunity for cheating and faking an acceptable answer on examinee's part, hiding their flaws to the best their ability. The second exam is at risk of both participants as they are examiner and examinee in which this case they must risk stating interests that could end the whole thing or vastly improve it if mentioned, depending on mutual scores this decides whether or not examinations and company continues. The fourth exam can be failed+passed or failed+failed, and can is saved for after marriage out of fear. The time comes to break the self-protecting facade personality to the partner, and show them your flaws, and the final judgement begins. The result can be the rightful divorce, or a relationship incapable of trust, because if you ever have to take the fourth exam, you are unworthy.
    The true form of love can only happen when you can show all that you are up front, flaws and all.

27. TheDarkFirefly

love is a chemical reaction inside of you, that makes you feel at easy. To put it simply it?s a drug.

love needs to be blind, so no.

28. Superking

You mean Endorphins? The chemical that eases pain and induces euphoria? Not to be confused with Endor-Fiends? The things that terrorize the ewoks?

29. Danny Lilithborne

what is love baby dont hurt me dont hurt me no more

:-/

30. sonnie_skies

love is real; connections are real. passionate love does and will fade.

love at first sight is soley an infatuation. you most definitely cannot control who you fall in love with...you can control how you handle it. getting over it is always tricky, too.