1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Lowlife (Crime/black comedy)

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by Uncle Acid, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Uncle Acid Well-Known Member

I ain't gonna add too much about this, but I watched this yesterday and was quite surprised to say the least. I haven't heard a single mention of this nowhere and just checked it out because I really liked the artworks.

Lowlife, Ryan Prows debut feature, isn't an original film that brings anything new to the table. But it still feels like a breath of fresh air, as it's 100% 90's Quentin Tarantino through and through. If you ask me, everything about the film just feels extremely 90's Tarantinoesque, and I loved it. Everything from the way the film is told and filmed, to the characters and their dialogue just feel like early Tarantino.

I guess a lot of people will write it off as a poor copycat, but for someone like me who's watched Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown 50+ times each it was totally awesome.

Tags:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Uncle Acid Well-Known Member

No replies? What the fuck guys. Just do yourself a favour and watch it if you like old Tarantiono.