1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Madara vs Minato not so one sided..

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by Goku, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Godallmighty Mendozaaaaa!!

What if....
    Madara was the 9-tails jinchuuriki before naruto. That would explain why minato felt the 9-tails was being manipulated by someone and why he 'felt' (as he didnt actually see him) madaras presence.
    Then as history tells us, minato only sealed half of the bijuu into naruto... leaving the other half somewhere else... namely madara... as itachi stated before, only a shell of his former power....
    That would also give meaning to why minato wanted naruto to learn to use it because it would be the same power he was going to have to fight.

2. Topher Renegade

Why isn't madara doing konoha in right now? seeing as their defences are down.

You guys can try to come with retarded and shit explanations, but even a 5 year old can undestand that minato got owned from his statement.

3. Shinigami Perv Go Hawks!

Topher, I've been asking this all day. The Hokage is out, Kakashi is out, and only Gai and Yamato can defend Konoha, along with assorted fodder.

Madara + Kisame + Zetsu + Sasuke is extreme overkill. If he really wants to take down the village, he can do it this very moment.

Still, nobody can give us an answer.

4. Sunabozu GB's Ghost

Minato stole Madara's pet ...

5. cha0s Member

I don't get why you keep saying they didn't fight... He said "he saw through every move i made.."
    who else could he be referencing? He said the same person is the one giving pain orders.. so it's obviously not kyuubi. its tobi. don't be stupid.

6. cha0s Member

"noone without a unique ability could fight him"
    He is saying that no normal human being could defeat madara. That's why he entrusted it to his son and gave him the ultimate weapon; kyuubi. He told his son he believes in him and its up to him now. Konoha can be rebuilt.

7. SpitFire Badassery at its Finest

My interpretation of it is pretty much...

special power=EMS
    I don't think that anyone really knew about EMS for Madara back then. The EMS could be considered a "special power".
    I don't think Minato was defeated. Madara probably retreated during the battle for some reason, and left the nine tails there. Minato wouldn't have the time to seal it if Madara didn't retreat mid-battle. That wouldn't make sense if Madara let him seal the kyuubi.

8. Jugger System Crash

More like drawn minato wasn?t able to do anything to madara. But madara was afraid that minato would find out his power or his weakness so he run. Minato was genius i think madara did know that much and after that he started using others to keep 100% that noone ever get change to find out his power

9. Yuna The Legendary Anti-Sakuratard

Why is this thread still open?! Minato expressively said that Madara was hiding in the shadows. Nothing was said about a direct confrontation. Also, if Minato fought Madara, don't you think, you know, someone would be able to see it? Because I doubt everyone just stayed back while Minato tried to take on the Kyuubi all by himself.

There were probably Shinobi out there with him. Or people watching from afar. If Minato and Madara ever engaged each other, people would notice a random Shinobi taking on Yondaime, yet, apparently, no one knew about this.

10. Nahrootoe is cooler than sliced bread.

How about you explain how Madara could be the "mastermind" "in the shadows" if he was out in the open fighting Minato? That makes zero sense.

Madara sent his pet (Kyuubi) to face Minato, and Minato sealed it. Your fallacy is in presuming a false dilemma (that Madara must have wanted to destroy the village, so either he did or he couldn't). The truth is that we don't know Madara's real motivations, and it could involve something bigger than any one village. At this stage, your argument is just conjecture, and using that faulty conjecture as the premise of another argument is simply invalid.

Apparently a lot, since you can't understand it. :p

Being able to "see through" someone's moves doesn't mean you faced them face to face. If you're a "mastermind" you probably have to be able to see and anticipate (see through) someone's moves, otherwise you would make a pretty shitty mastermind.

The guy in the shadoes = not present. There's no two ways about it.

As for guy with a mask, they have bingo books and covert intelligence for a reason.

In fact, if Yondaime did fight Madara, why didn't he say so outright, instead of claiming that he was "in the shadows" and "unfathomably powerful" and "you need a special set of skills to face him"? If he actually fought him, he wouldn't be in the shadows, he would be able to fathom his power, and he would know what set of skills you need to have to face him, no?

Context. The "too" is referring to Pain, because the immediate antecedent (the immediately preceeding subject they were talking about) is Pain. Naruto brings up Pain, and Minato corrects him and says that Pain is a puppet for someone who also has unfathomable powers.

He didn't say, "well, I have unfathomable powers and so did he." If he had those powers, he would clearly be able to fathom them since he used them.

BINGO!

People are assuming Madara's goals are the same as Pain's. Pain wants to destroy Konoha and "make peace." We have no idea what the flying fuck Madara's goals are. Obviously Pain's goals coincides with Madara, and that's why he's using him to wreck havoc in Konoha, but if he simply wanted Konoha completely off the map, he would show up right about now and pick off the wounded ducks.

This interpretation makes sense. It's further backed by his belief that Naruto "could use [the Kyuubi's] power." Use it for what? Clearly he knew that sealing the Kyuubi in his kid would cause him grief, so obviously Minato was planning ahead and hoping that Naruto could use the Kyuubi for the benefit of Konoha.

That benefit would likely be to take out Madara, who needs a "special" power to beat him.

11. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Well ya, we already know Madara's power is
    50% hiding/evading
    50% getting other things to fight his battles

Once Minato realised he couldnt touch Madara, but Madara's offense was essentially non-existant, he just went and sealed Kyuubi while Madara cried.

12. Jugger System Crash

finaly someone that understand this

13. Grendel .

I did look at the context...Naruto apparently saw things the way I did because even after Minato said that line; Naruto still asked if Pain was the one that summoned the Kyuubi. If Naruto understood the "too" to be pain then he would have understood that it had to be a different Shinobi than Pain...

I agree that the immediate subject talked about is pain (and I know what an antecedent is), but they context in which they talk about him is that Naruto asks if the person that summoned the Kyuubi was Pain...not OMG HE WAS AS STRONG AS PAIN!!!

There is a slight chance that he was talking about Pain, but the context and the way he uses it suggest that the too was refering to himself and the night on the night the kyuubi attacked. Meaning there were two Shinobi of unfathomable power there that night...he and madara...

14. damuttz01 The Champ

Madara final Villan

Shit i simply thought it was just to hype madara as final villan :LOS

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  15. U-Baka-Tube Member

You guys are getting too complicated for nothing.

It's very easy actually. Madara couldn't do anything else then control Kyuubi that night because of being crippled by Shodai.

The guy got killed by Shodai, in terms of body, only thing he probably had left was his spirit. It probably look him 100 years to crawl the land and find Kyuubi and what does he do ? He goes hasty and attacks Konoha and Yondaime bitch slaps Kyuubi.

Now without his only offensive weapon he had to run so he did and this time he is trying it reverse wise, he gained a body and he is trying to gain the other bijuus and will try to get Kyuubi too he will attack Fire and rest of the countries afterwords, it's his last chance anyway he is on strike 3.

Why do I say this?
    Anybody noticed that throughout the whole times we saw him in action he hardly ever had attacked,used a offensive jutsu? He's like a simbyote ppl he cant fight on his own, he can only control ppl's mind and be a ghost. Kinda like that other vilan you know from that Potty story.

16. Nakiro Narutimate Hero

When you guys are discussing this thing, you have to realize that the translation might not be 100% correct, so you might be reading two different transaltions and arguing over it.

Should just look up few translation before making discussions about few little words that may not have even been said.

17. Hexa probably Dendi

He didn't use the word "too".

I don't know why Hisshou put it in. None of the other translators did so at least.

18. chauronity ビリーバット

Madara possessed the Kyuubi. Madarakyyubi fought Minato. Madara fought Minato.

Flawless logic.

19. Goku &#803

No, if Minato saw dude in a mask, then im pretty sure, Madara did more than hide in the shadows, if Madara wanted to hide, he didnt do a very good job, how the hell does a guy who can teleport anywhere he wants, not hide from a dude fighting a bijuu that hes controlling? not to mention theres a reason, Konoha is called the HIDDEN leaf village, he could have hidden anywhere he wanted.

20. Deaf Ninja Reaper Sadist Jashin Ninja

We would have to wait and see what would come out of Madara Uchiha about this supposed fight.

Madara - "Minato? Oh yeah, I remember. A blonde Hokage whose I easily avoided every of his single moves. Too bad, he managed to take over my control of Kyuubi and seal it. Well, even if he ruined my plan for while, at least he killed himself anyway."

Zetsu - "Wow, you're AWESOME, man!"

Madara - *crossing his arms* "I know, man!"

21. Deaf Ninja Reaper Sadist Jashin Ninja

We would have to wait and see what would come out of Madara's mouth about this supposed fight.

Madara - "Minato? Oh yeah, I remember. That blonde Hokage whose I easily avoided every of his single moves. Too bad, he managed to take over my control of Kyuubi and seal it. Well, even if he ruined my plan for while, at least he killed himself anyway."

Zetsu - "Wow, you're AWESOME, man!"

Madara - *crossing his arms* "I know, man! :ho"