1. AAB SEASON THREE

    Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

    Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Magician never reveals his secret

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Edward Newgate, Aug 4, 2018.

  1. Edward Newgate 世界最強の男

    Messages:
    20,251
    Likes Received:
    198
    Trophy Points:
    769
    Reputation:
    Then Hawkins goes and tells Luffy and Zoro about his powers :lmao
     
    Tags:
  2. Shiba D. Inu #admiralgang

    Messages:
    85,279
    Likes Received:
    11,267
    Trophy Points:
    5,793
    Reputation:
    Hirako Shinji syndrome :catprone
     
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Furinji Saiga The One Shadow

    Messages:
    3,308
    Likes Received:
    637
    Trophy Points:
    543
    Reputation:
    Thats why I think hes going to be an ally.

    Hes showing them the goods. :catpole
     
  4. Maffy the Love Doctor Turkey can never beat cow.

    Messages:
    2,241
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    318
    Reputation:
    Reminds me of somebody....

     
  5. BoneMoney Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    301
    Likes Received:
    17
    Trophy Points:
    93
    Reputation:
    Luffy did this too once, if I recall. Something about how blunt objects don't work on him and the best way to hurt him was with a bladed weapon :lmao
     
  6. charles101 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,291
    Likes Received:
    363
    Trophy Points:
    289
    Reputation:
    He's Mage, not Magician :v

    Anyways, it's information for readers, not for Luffy. I bet, they didn't understand a thing.
     
  7. Kishido Damaged Reputation

    Messages:
    26,961
    Likes Received:
    1,399
    Trophy Points:
    1,518
    Reputation:
    Yeah dumb as fuck... But not the first time done in One Piece

    In Hawkins case it doesn't matter cuz still no one really understands how his shit is working
     
  8. White Rabbit Doki Doki

    Messages:
    12,211
    Likes Received:
    1,192
    Trophy Points:
    1,218
    Reputation:
    Flag:
    France
    Including Oda.
     
  9. Kishido Damaged Reputation

    Messages:
    26,961
    Likes Received:
    1,399
    Trophy Points:
    1,518
    Reputation:
    Most likely.

    Oda doesn’t even know his own time table
     
  10. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    8,169
    Likes Received:
    971
    Trophy Points:
    818
    Reputation:
    Flag:
    Portugal
    99% of manga and anime fights. The other 1% let us listen to the characters inner thoughts for 30 minutes explaining everything he and his opponent are doing.
    Don't forget this is the medium where even a punch or kick needs an attack name.
     
  11. Gledania Luffy > Zoro > Sanji

    Messages:
    1,614
    Likes Received:
    119
    Trophy Points:
    89
    Reputation:
    Flag:
    Belgium

    Enel.
     
  12. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

    Messages:
    44,658
    Likes Received:
    623
    Trophy Points:
    1,244
    Reputation:
    He's not a magician.

    He's a gypsy.
     
  13. Maffy the Love Doctor Turkey can never beat cow.

    Messages:
    2,241
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    318
    Reputation:
     
  14. Etherborn Blade of the Myriad

    Messages:
    5,196
    Likes Received:
    832
    Trophy Points:
    693
    Reputation:
    Flag:
    Sokovia
    Yeah but that wasn't him explaining it, it was Buggy figuring it out himself and then Luffy not denying it.

    One is being conceited, the other is just being honest. :catshrug
     
  15. PureWIN Mr. Prince

    Messages:
    10,824
    Likes Received:
    360
    Trophy Points:
    513
    Reputation:
    Luffy confirms all the time how his powers work, most recent was when Doffy kicked him in G4 mode and Luffy was like "that won't work because I'm rubber," which led to Doffy switching to piercing attacks.

    I give characters a pass here as there's a book of DFs floating out there and past users with the same exact powers. It's a fair assumption that your opponents would be familiar with your DF or have the means to figure it out later, so there's no point in hiding the information unless it's a incredibly rare fruit.
     
Loading...