1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

Magneto vs. Superman

Discussion in 'Comics Battledome' started by Kuya, Oct 7, 2006.

Magneto vs. Superman

1. Magneto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Superman

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Kuya

Who wins on Earth?

Tags:
  2. ZergKage

Mags wins thats who

3. lucky

can't supes just stay in space and chuck meteors at mags till he dies?

....in the event that mags can control superman's bio-aura.

4. Slips

meteors have a high amount of metals do they not ?

I'm unsure if mags shield would protect him from space too I'll look into that one

5. ZergKage

Has Superman ever been in a fight where he just sits in space and throws meteors at people?

Mags is tailor made to beat Superman

6. lucky

Zerg: this is straight up merciless straight for the win battles. We're doing the battle expecting superman not to boy-scout it and magneto to be ruthless.

That being said i think supes will take this, if indeed magneto can control his aura and he knows it.

He's much faster than magneto can ever be so i'd say superman can play keep-away sniper game. There's only so much magneto's shields can take before he's too taxed to defend himself anymore, and he's not fast enough to catch up to superman. I'm sure magneto will tire out blocking meteors/heat vision/etc before superman tires out from throwing them.

And if worst comes to worse i'm sure superman can just destroy the planet and wait for magneto to die from starvation, if he indeed could survive the planet being destroyed.

7. Darklyre

I believe Magneto's shield has allowed him to go into space unprotected before, by keeping oxygen within the forcefield. I'm not totally sure though.

8. ZergKage

Sorry Lucky but there has to be some sort of realism in fights or else you might as well throw out comics and just debate using profiles.

Superman has faced a Mags-lite character in Dr.Polaris twice and neither time was he able to defeat him.

The first time Dr.Polaris was able to hold off the JLA till they got out of his range and sent in Plastic Man.

The second time Superman wasnt trying to kill Dr.Polaris(but Dr.Polaris was killing himself) but Dr.Polaris showed the many ways he could beat Superman.

A multitasker like Mags would win

9. lucky

yeah that's kind of the point. This is fighting for the win, not pro-wrestling stuff. Like when using flash in these fights we assume he's willing to vibrate through people's bodies to make them explode. This is for the win man...

10. Endless Mike

Funny how in the Magneto vs. Goku thread everyone is saying Goku will just speedblitz him, yet in this thread, despite the fact that Superman is much, much faster than Goku, everyone is saying Magneto will win.:notrust

11. ZergKage

@ Mike - I'll assuming your not talking to me since i wouldnt touch most DBZ topics with a ten foot pole

@Lucky - To me if the topic starter doesnt say bloddlust i assume the fights are how you would see it in a comic/manga in which Magneto would win. There would be nothing Superman could do.

If it is bloodlusted he has more of a chance using speed but then again with bloodlust certain people are nigh unbeatable which is why you have to try and but realism in your fights. Or else your not debating comics, your debating "your" version of the character vs someone elses version.

12. The ACE

"The first time Dr.Polaris was able to hold off the JLA till they got out of his range and sent in Plastic Man."

-> The reason why none of the JLA could do a thing was because Dr. Polaris was holding the entire planet hostage. The JLA new that with a simple mistake or threat, Dr. Polaris will shift the Earth's axis killing billions.

"The second time Superman wasnt trying to kill Dr.Polaris(but Dr.Polaris was killing himself) but Dr.Polaris showed the many ways he could beat Superman."

-> The second time had Superman only listening to all the things Polaris in his split personality could do to Superman. He kept bragging about it. Superman just listened as he knew Polaris was unstable and wanted to help him. Major Force already tried the bio-aura tampering on Superman. Superman then stopped holding back. He slagged Major Force and he had to be scooped up for incarceration.

Not saying this will be cake-walk for Superman. He's shown rivalling already Pre-Crisis Superman in a fight. This can go either way depending on the circumstance.

Btw, Magneto has complete control on the environment within his shield. He can generate oxygen within it's confines.

13. Hazu

*suicide attempt #68*

14. unknowndanex

about the speed thing.......Magneto's mere presence will slow superman down just ask Quicksilver. Quicksilver came to attack mags one time and he just started running in slow motion. about blowing up a planet, Magneto could easily make a wormhole and go to another planet and use the electromagentic energies of that planet as well.

this blow up the planet thing or do anything to the planet thing is getting a bit old as well.

rep worthy for that one, that is the problem with a lot of battles

15. korican04

Magneto has a fight in his hands now. He won't be able to just kill superman by ripping the iron in his body out, as Magneto couldn't do it to this no name mutant who was "invincible", even though northstar gave him a bloody nose -_-. If he can't do that to that fool, superman who's also "invincible" isnt' going to go down like that.

If superman hits first at a speed blitz it's over, superman doesn't do that off the bat though normally so this will be a hard fight for him. Magneto can slowdown QS..great..too bad he runs at mach 3 on a good day, light speed is a different story as its about mach 1 million. Superman will probably sit there and try to figure out what kind of powers he has. If he does the speedblitz and mags manages to slow him down lets say to 1% of light speed that's still mach 10000. Good luck surviving that. I see magneto giving a whooping on supes for a while but, i don't see him beating him. Superman has too many random powers he can use.

16. Havoc

Whoa Kor I haven't seen you post in awhile, someone should dig up the old Supes vs. Magneto thread.

17. unknowndanex

mach 10, but whose counting but anyways. slowing supes down is not a skill mags has to put out there considering thats just the presence, meaning once he gets closer he gets slower. now if mags wanted to he could increase that force if he wanted, then alter supes gravity and have his way with him. magneto has random powers as well, enough to go toe to toe with colossus, thor, and others who are ridiculously strong. unless u are referring to superman's pull out the ass powers (hoping u're not) and going out what he consistently does, superman will not win.

18. ZergKage

Maybe you misread that issue but Dr. Polaris wasnt holding anybody hostage. Dr. Polaris was the South Pole in that issue meaning every second the JLA wasted would cause more damage to earths magnetic field, thus killing billions.(Even tho he had moved already from the South Poles position)

All i was saying was that Dr. Polaris named a couple different ways he could defeat Superman if he wanted to. Like i said Superman didnt want to kill Dr. Polaris, but Dr. Polaris also wasnt in his right mind and didnt want to kill Superman either.

What DP did

Made Superman blind
    Drained him of his power which if he wanted(like he said) he could have made Supes "one of the little people."
    Could have made Supes have his own personal nuclear winter

And neither Major Force or Dr. Polaris have been shown to have shields on par with Mags if at all.

But look i'm not saying it would be easy for any of the parties but Mags is tailor made to beat somebody with powers that come from the sun.

19. korican04

Mags doesn't always change the gravity around him as a normal tactic, as people seem to be fine around him regularly. Anyways what's changing the gravity around supes going to do, annoy superman, the guy has jumped inside blackholes and held one in his hand -_-. A freakin black hole, that's as much gravity altering as you can get, so i doubt he'll have his way with him. But to his , his own. Anyways both magneto and superman bother me, they randomly get to develop some new ridiculous way to use their powers and then they do something stupid like let wolverine walk up to em grab him on the sholder and stab him in the chest, or superman not dodging a kryptonite bullet. So it's up in the air who will win imo, i'll give it to supes 5.5/10. Not really that great though.

20. Green Lantern

Objection!
    Your honor, the prosecution mentioned that this battle of Magneto Vs Superman takes place in the present day, HOWEVER, the many participants in this thread have pointed to the many abilities of which Magneto has been able to accomplish IN THE PAST!

In the present day however, particularly after the events of House of M and the actions of the Collective, Magneto has been depowered, and it is still uncertain as to how much power he has at his disposal for use in this battle!

The defense moves that the topic creator rephrases the original post to clarify that this battle utilises "Classic" versions of the character, OR all participants in this debate actually utilise the present day, depowered Magneto.

If the latter option is chosen however, this would lead to a rather unfair fight in the opinion of this humble attorney, as Superman vs an ordinary old man without any powers whatsoever would be unbalanced to a large degree.
    Thusly, the I present the motion that this battle is either discontinued, due to the uncertainty of Magneto's "superhuman" abilities in the modern day, Or the original poster retracts his topic, and rephrases his wording for greater clarity.

The defense rests
    [/Phoenix Wright]

Yep. Semantics for the win. (I am a pendantic person, so sue me :p)

21. unknowndanex

magneto doesn't use the full extent of his abilities due to plot so of course he won't mess with gravity like talking bout. but u do have a point on the gravity thing, but that has nothing to do with him making supes slow the hell down by increasing his magnetic forces.

here are the things mags can do at the same time:

mess with the magnetic forces
    throw random things at superman
    recharge by drawing energy from random sources
    have his shield up
    do something else i haven't thought of
    and think about what to do next (he is a great strategist)