1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Fanclubs Reorganisation:
    We're consolidating the fanclub subsections on 07/08/2017. For more information, visit this thread
  3. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  4. Hi guys. As you can tell we're on an org domain now. This isn't permanent, more details can be found here.
  5. Think you have the best waifu? Come and prove that your waifu is the best in the first ever NF Waifu Competition!
    Please submit any and all notifications in the link below: "
    NF Waifu Popularity Tournament

6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (August), read it here
  7. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

8. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Magnolia Stadium Discussion II

Discussion in 'Magnolia Stadium' started by Atlantic Storm, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

New thread to discuss the Fairy Tail Tournament stuff.

Relevant information:

1. Previous discussion thread [link (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=853353)].
    2. The guide [link (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=872462)].
    3. Past tournament discussion thread [link (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=895429)].
    Current topics of discussion:

1. Yukino's price.
    2. Duke Everlue's price.
    3. Celestial Spirit Realm ruling.
    4. Risley's price.
    5. New feats (Cobra and Ichiya).
    6. Angel's price.
    Please stay on-topic here. I don't mind some idle banter or conversation, but please don't go over the top with it. Forum-wide rules, and the rules of the section (http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=904123) still apply here also.

This is your warning.

2. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Out of curiosity, where is Jura? I don't see him on the tier list at all. Is he banned?

1. I'm not really sure what to do about Kagura. I'd rather bump Simon's cost than Kagura, but I don't necessarily see a reason to ban Kagura, she's got a major restriction that limits her to melee combat, if you keep out of melee range she doesn't have much going for her. Her other restriction makes her team invulnerable to Gravity Change.

2. I think he needs to go up to 20. If you want to pair Dark Moment with a 60, it should limit you to those two. He's got Telepathy and Dark Moment, and Dark Moment is a huge advantage to the user.

3. I don't think it should be applied. Then again I don't think any locations move to begin with, so if it does affect them and you are stupid enough to put Natsu on the E-Land roller coaster then you deserve the handicap.

4. Restricted definitely. If anyone can do it, Cobra and Brain only due to feats proving it.

3. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

The 'super-trio' of Jura, Laxus and Jellal are all banned. They, and Gildarts, are all too powerful for the current incarnation of the tier list.

4. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

On the issue of telepathic mindjacking. I realize that some disagree with me, but I'm not convinced its broken. Things like handsigns can get around it pretty easily. Granted, you could get into a debate about whether thats a legitimate strategy or metagaming if you don't have knowledge on the character. But even still sensing is a more refined version of it.

Characters like Natsu, Gajeel and Rufus can tell you exactly where teh enemy is at at any given time. They can tell you how the enemy is approaching. Not saying that mindjacking doesn't have additional uses but just that I don't think its a broken ability.

One other additional comment on Nirvana. My issue with the stage went a little further than that. Can Brain take control of Nirvana? Can Lucy summon her spirits and destroy all the crystals to topple Nirvanna? Can a flying team just camp endlessly on the underbelly of Nirvana? Can flying characters effectively break the flight ceiling in this location?

Just some of the concerns I had with it. Not saying it needs to be removed but thats why I brought it up.

5. Azeruth TT3 Champion

I don't think Brain can take control of Nirvana, I know he has in the manga but then does Hughes get to control all of E-Land? If Lucy is in the Celestial Spirit World does she get to use all of the summons? It seems unfair, at least in my opinion.

As for a flying team, they'd eventually have to run out of magic and they fall out of bounds, right?

The difference I see in sensing and hijacking is sensing you don't actually know what they are doing, hijacking you can listen in and know "Rufus and Nullpudding are heading to our east, they will attack with Night of Falling Stars and Nullpudding will spray needles at us" and put up a counter.

6. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

I think an idea might be to put 'character x is restricted from manipulating location y' on the list of restrictions for characters who possess that ability, and perhaps to clarify a few key points about some of the locations. Such as Nirvana not moving, or the interior (the location of the crystals) being empty.

In regards to telepathic hijacking, I'm against it except in the case of Cobra.

7. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

^Would what Cobra did really qualify as telepathic hijacking though? I thought it was just a dragon slayer enhanced listening magic.

I like your suggestion AS.

Edit: On nirvanna. Flying teams basically get 70 meters on top of the giant tower. So stay away form giant tower and their nigh unreachable. Granted you'd eventually run out of magic. On the underbelly, you'd just cut a small chunk out of the bottom with some magic. Then sit in your little cave.

8. SaishuSoda Sir

Not much of an opinion on this since I wasn't present for most of her trial. Never was too keen on her addition though.
    Dark Moment + Telepathy is too useful for his current tier. He would need a restriction on DM's range (similar to what we've done with Racer's slow magic) for him to stay where he is. Otherwise, he's probably off to the 20 point tier or possibly even beyond depending on majority interpretation of his showings.
    The locations themselves such as Nirvana (http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail-chapter-151-page-3.html) shouldn't have any effect on the Dragon Slayers. However, things such as Fukuro's rockets, Dragion's four-wheeler, and other artificial forms of transportation caused by the characters should still apply.
    I agree with Azeruth on this matter.

Sensors basically just give their team general/exact details on the enemy's location.

Mindjacking on the other hand, is hardly even comparable when it comes to the amount of information that's gained from it. Majority interpretation seems to be that it can be used to learn most of the enemy's strategy. Yes, there are ways around that, but it's way too convenient of a ability for how useful it is, especially with how easily accessible telepaths are. The way things are now, people are getting a lot more worth than what they're paying for.

Cobra and possibly Brain are the only ones I'd be willing to exempt from a restriction on mind-reading/jacking the enemy team. Leaning a lot more towards Cobra being one of a kind.

9. Melodie ̣

Kagura's price on the tier list, and/or potential removal.

I think that we should keep Kagura in the tier list, and remain with the same price. While the general consensus is that Kagura is the strongest in that tier is correct, the fact that she lacks any team-support hurt her massively. A great strategy to outmaneuver the character to a certain degree would do against her. I find that the others who are in her tier are far more useful than her if used correctly. A character who's restricted to melee attacks could only get so far.​

Simon's price on the tier list.

I think that we should rise his price. And no, that's not because I lost to him in the Finals, Silly GoS. His Dark magic is really useful and is rather formidable when done right. Especially if we put a high-tier in his team. Surely it has it own weaknesses [Presumably being disabled with a single hit, not covering Medium/Long distances]. But still, I think his price is rather low.​

Ruling regarding Dragon Slayer motion sickness.

I think we should keep it, really. There are other characters who has the ability to apply their sickness during match, and I would like to let those characters actually be...used. I am unsure about this, though.​

Telepathic mindjacking

Should be restricted or limited to certain characters, I have nothing to add to the discussion regarding this.​

10. Final Giku Tenshou Done with Naruto

Can you really say that after it was agreed upon that Kagura had enough strength and speed available to get past a combination of Erigor and Brain, in addition to being agreed upon to be so damn powerful that the final round ended up with two people having her on their list? At the rate this is going, Kagura is practically a guaranteed method into getting into the final round just because there seems to be a general consensus on how ridiculously strong and fast she is in comparison to everyone below her, you practically have to have the woman on your team to guarantee a place in the final round.
    I can agree with this, I do think Simon needs some raising, most likely to slot number 20, but his abilities aren't superb or anything, so you'd be hard pressed to convince me to put him higher on the list.

As for mind jacking, I think Cobra is the only one who should really be allowed to determine the strategies the opponents may use against his team, only because his ability isn't mind jacking. When you start allowing characters like Brain and Warren to listen in on other teams though, then at the very least it should be compensated with a price increase for both characters.

11. Melodie ̣

I did not focus into the other matches due to the limited time that I have. So I am unaware of what you're talking about. I did however skim through the thread, and did see that there are people who did agree with LPH's strategy. I can't however argue regarding the Finals, because that's all about your personal opinion.

20 points is a good choice.

Agreed.​

12. Jeral Fernandes 蒼瀑の創杖神コルツ

After it reveals that Erza was actually holding back against Kagura it kinda dumps her down to pre skip Erza status and thus the score probably fits her at this point, but then again we could say Erza was being Erza here (plot pull and SO retconned) and she still needs a price rising.

I blame Mashima for his shitty and inconsistent power levels :psyduck!!

13. Melodie ̣

I don't know what Second Origin really does. Is it a supply of magical power so the person could use techniques of a bigger scale? Or does it do that and increases the mage's stamina? Or something entirely different? Anyways, from what we have seen during Kagura and Erza's battle, sheathed Kagura is above pre-ts Erza. While post-timeskip Erza and unsheathed Kagura are on another level [we did not see anything from post-timeskip Erza anyway].

14. Final Giku Tenshou Done with Naruto

I really think including many time skip feats (and some time skip characters) should not be allowed until well after this arc is over with. The levels of power are so out of whack right now, and it's unknown if Mashima is going to fix them to become semi consistent again.

15. ChronoDeus Active Member

It's a supply of magical power. More magical power = more powerful techniques, techniques of a bigger scale, and more stamina. You can probably think of it as an RPG character having their level instantly doubled.​

16. JoJo Well-Known Member

If Kagura is added into the tournament, then most people are gonna pick her. It'll be a Kagura-fest. Kagura should be banned for the time being.

17. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

AS, still up for the practice match/rematch of our discontinued battle? I can give my opinion on Kagura after that.

18. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Yeah, we can have our rematch later. I'm just sorting out some . . .

Logistics. :hiro

19. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

I think I've finally come to a conclusion on Kagura. She is not ridiculously broken but I do think she should be removed temporarily and re-trialed at a later date.

She isn't unbeatable, but I do think she hurts the metagame with so few characters having a chance against her even with a well constructed strategy.

At this stage her combined durability and offense seems to let her overcome her weakness(range). While, there is nothing wrong with her being the class of the CQC characters, there aren't very many ranged characters that there seems to be consensus on that could beat her. Similarly since, with her magic reserves it seems that the consensus is that she could outlast a lot of characters with superior mobility. Granted, this was with a pretty limited sample size of matches.

It would be worthwhile to test her against other characters like Erza, Mirajane, Cobra and Racer. But regardless, I'd bet that she'd fit comfortably with enough time as people's opinions of her durabity and power will likely lessen.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  20. Melodie ̣

Just putting this here: I am up for practice matches. :3 ~

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  21. SaishuSoda Sir

Looks like there isn't much else to be said on these topics, so I'd say we're ready to start voting, AS.

---
    Sure, I'll be your opponent.

Spoiler: Team

Super Serious Squad

Gray - 42
    Kamika - 16
    Wally - 8
    Warren - 6
    Beth - 4
    Bora - 4

I'd rather we not use anything that's still being voted on (Simon, mind-jacking/reading, etc) if that's cool with you.

22. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

The voting will start in a bit. There's some stuff here that needs to be sorted out.

23. Mdri Well-Known Member

Do we have a battledome sub-section in here now?

Great.

24. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Am I just tired or is that sarcasm I detect?

25. Mdri Well-Known Member

Actually I asked a mod to do a battledome in this section about a year ago I think, the response was obvious since we only got one now

26. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Also, SaishuSoda. Your location and distances are: Magnolia Train Station, Medium.

27. SaishuSoda Sir

28. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Feel free to post it any time. Just check the guide to see which number practice match this is meant to be (I think it's the fifth).

29. Melodie ̣

You can make the match whenever you want, Saishu.

Spoiler:

I don't even know

Evergreen [36]
    Cosmos [30]
    Natsu Edolas [6]
    Alzack [6]
    Nullpudding [2]

30. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

I'm kind of tempted to change the names of all the spells from English to Romaji.