1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  2. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  3. Fanclubs Reorganisation:
    We're consolidating the fanclub subsections on 07/08/2017. For more information, visit this thread
  4. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  5. Think you have the best waifu? Come and prove that your waifu is the best in the first ever NF Waifu Competition!
    Please submit any and all notifications in the link below: "
    NF Waifu Popularity Tournament

6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (August), read it here
  7. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

8. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Magnolia Stadium Discussion II

Discussion in 'Magnolia Stadium' started by Atlantic Storm, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Yuki Meow.

Using Wendy for her boosts has not really been a game changing factor, not even once in fact, you using her again is just getting repetitive, your meant to test out new stuff in every match, my last practice match was just welcoming GMR to the games, that's the only reason i reused people i have used in the past, the whole point was to use the clashing roar to wipe out the enemy team as well, i wanted to see if people thought it would work and i got my answer.

2. Babby Originality

The reason why I use Wendy is quite simple, just for the boosts. On a character like Rogue it should work quite well.

3. SaishuSoda Sir

That 1 in Tournament activity butchered my total. I know that I'm kind of inactive, but I didn't think it was nearly that bad from an outside perspective, although I guess that's because I didn't participate in the trial tournament. I figured I'd at least get a 2 or 2.5 for being active in one of the two tournaments.
    Nah, I think it's more or less accurate. Only .5 higher than what I personally would've given you.

4. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Yeah, your more active than some. Particularly compared to most of the people who started the battledome. Think its mostly just that the most active people havent' really been in matches with you. Though the same could be said for Mist Puppet and VLD, both semi-finalists in the first tourney.

Who was it that originally pushed the idea here anyhow?
    Patrick4Life, Raijin Flare, StrawhatLuffey?

5. Yuki Meow.

Raijin Flare then Patrick4Life took over and then StrawhatLuffe (Aka Aladdin) took over and then AS took over.

6. SaishuSoda Sir

Raijin Flare was the who started it, P4L created the thread and lead the discussion for awhile, and StrawHat was pushing for a different tournament with our tier list but was the organizer for the first tournament in RF's absence.

7. Babby Originality

Next will be me.

8. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Ah, gotcha. I saw the original thread, but I didn't know if the talks had started somewhere else on one of those channels people chat on here. Never used one...but at lot of people here do.

And someday P4L is going to have to participate in one of these, he keeps saying he will.

Edit: As to AS's assessments of everyone I think its pretty accurate. And tbh, I don't think I'm always that clear with my intentions in my matches. Gotten better at that, but I'm not a very good at editing what I write. Usually have grammar and spelling errors to boot. Though, I think I'm less superfluous than I used to be.
    I don't do as much book writing, with entire strategies written in the what if sections (though I think thats the only reason I beat MP in the first tourney)

For SS, I think the experience and popularity probably does hurt a little. Be kind of curious to see where AS rates some of the others, MP, VLD, Space, Melodie and FGT in particular. Used to be that if your wrote a half-competent strategy you would advance. But this place has grown a lot in the 6 months or so its been in existence.

Only thing I don't understand, is the heck stamina is supposed to mean in the context of the BD.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  9. SaishuSoda Sir

I know AS tried starting one some time before this one, but it never got off the ground.

10. Yuki Meow.

I think stamina is how hard you try, like you never give in and you have the stamina to keep going.

11. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Oh nice find SS. More people to spam when we do sign ups for the next tourney. :hurr

I remember AS's original thread. Part of the reason I never thought we'd get a BD off the ground here. Too much work for someone to do on their own.

12. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

Someday we'll have to get a rematch, in a tourney or practice match. Too little voting back then + controversy over Kana.

13. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

Then I took over and subjugated it under my goose wings iron fisted rule.

14. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

With player rating thing ongoing, it'd be down the road. But interested in people's thoughts. Could be ambitious or really simple. But have a page in the MS Guide dedicated to the founders and tournament organizers. To give a little recognition for the hard work.

15. Babby Originality

We should also try to recruit more people, there are many of us here in the FT section.

16. SaishuSoda Sir

Yeah, I'll probably be in the next tournament.

That also reminds me that I still haven't had my rematch of glorious colored links with AS yet. He still needs redemption, and maybe these matches will up his score of my tournament activity. :mad

17. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

I like LPH's idea of writing things for notable individuals, though. Like a hall of fame sort of thing?

18. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

My husband, midnight[54]
    Pantherlily[24]
    Jet[2]

19. LovePeaceandHope Active Member

If your talking about VBD's Hall of Fame in the KC, that would be awesome. Wish he kept writing them. Though, a simpler hall of fame could also suffice.
    Also considered the idea of having HS style interviews.

Those are obviously on the more, ambitious side of things.

20. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

We can do without the HS interviews, I'd think.

21. SaishuSoda Sir

I'm down for a Hall of Fame. How do we want to go about it?

While we're on the subject, I also wanted to set up a personal match directory for every strategist. It'd be easy enough at this point considering we've only had two tournaments as of now.

22. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

A personal match directory? You're really desperate for those Tournament Activity points, aren't you Soda? :p

As for the Hall of Fame, I'd imagine we choose prominent members who have contributed a lot to the tournament/section and it's creation, elect a writer and then... well, write about them. Something like , or .

23. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

Can someone randomize the match between Igneel and me?

24. Azeruth TT3 Champion

Distance - Long

Used Space's randomizer.

The match is up.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  25. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

:hmm

should I create a sign-up thread for a new, real tournament and then start it two weeks later, may 6th?

26. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

As a warning, I can't participate if the tournament is in May or June. I have exams.

If you want to start or organize a tournament, I recommend advertising and inducting more people into this place.

27. SinRaven Son Raven Jesus

Hmm, that's too bad. We could postpone, but then again, if we're gonna wait for one person (even if it's you), than we would wait forever.

Advertising I was planning on doing. Will probably send a message to anyone who ever showed interest in the battledome section here (made a post in a discussion thread, participated in a tournament, etc). Problem is, I can't think of any people to message beside that.

I could always just place an advertisement in my signature.

How many people usually participate in normal tournaments in other sections?

28. Atlantic Storm Booze Intermission Administrator

In the Konoha Colosseum, when it's a Trial Tournament it's usually around 32. Main tournaments are around 60-ish.

Also, for advertising, you could probably try the Fairy Tail Conversation thread.

29. Azeruth TT3 Champion

I know Atlantic was against doing another Trial but we could hold the Main Tournament in early or mid July and have another Trial in between from mid/late May into early/mid June. Sign ups for both could be held, allowing for more time to get interest in the Main Tournament while simultaneously holding another Trial for finishing touches and tests.

Or we can just hold the Main Tournament and hold Practice Matches for anything that really needs testing.

As for advertising I know signatures certainly help. The only reason I even noticed Fairy Tail had a section on the site was from Chris' Lucy signature asking for Miss Fairy Tail votes.

30. General Mael Radec Imagine Breaker

This might be a stretch but why not advertise it in another fairy tail site? like fairytailbase. From what i know they dont have a battledome for fairy tail so it might spark an intrest. A problem would be if there even willing to even come here :/ or if anyone is willing to promote over there. Its just an idea.

Anyway, anyone else wanna play?
    My team would be:

Racer[54]
    Simon[24]
    jet[2]