1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Mahou Sensei Negima

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Batosai the man slayer, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Batosai the man slayer

Negima anime

Does anyone know when the negima anime is coming out?

Tags:
  2. Chillin

Should have aired today in Japan, sub will most definitely be coming out within the next few days

3. Batosai the man slayer

do you know whos going to be subbing it?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  4. mpthread

the negima anime just came out today, it was subbed by Ishin. So far it doesnt seem that great, the characters look off when compared to the manga and the music is very annoying. But hopefully it will get better

5. Chillin

Yeah it's nothing special, I'll continue to watch it, hopefully it gets better

6. MechaTC

I watched it. Great stuff. I had a few laughs during the show. The only wierd thing is they made asuna have two different colored eyes. She doesn't have that in the manga....

7. ShinoAburame

I have never heard of Negima before.

8. MechaTC

official name is "Mahou Sensei Negima" original manga is done by Ken Akamatsu, the creator of Love Hina. It's about a ten year old wizard who is sent to Japan to teach an English class in an all girls acadamy.

9. Laziishadow

hahahah Asuna's eyes remind me of Yuna from FFX. With the two colored eyes

10. Shrimpie

Is anyone watching this anime?
    I downloaded the first episode today, and i like the series.
    Small summary of the first episode:

It's about a 10 year old boy, Springfield Nagi, who is a teacher in Japan.
    The school hes working at, is an all girls academy.
    When one of his students almost falls of a high stair, he saves her with a magic stick.
    Another one of his students sees this, and stands still, totally suprised.

*END OF FIRST EPISODE.

11. Gelantious

Yeah I watch it. Saw Ep 2 last night.
    Its another 1 guy with many girls around him show, but its fun as hell and atleast I cant get enough of these shows :D

12. Lee Rock

I haven't had a chance to d/l the anime yet, but I've read a bit of the manga and it's not too bad at all. The creator is the guy that did Love Hina, so if you liked that you'll probably like Negima.

13. MechaTC

You may be disapointed if you are going to compare it to the Negima manga. I was a little disapointed, but kept an open mind till the end. I enjoyed the anime, but it's nothing compared to the manga, much like love hina anime wasn't as good as the manga.

14. Literally Exaggerated

I love the manga, but the anime is a big let down. Of course, some of that may be my absolute loathing for the music

15. SabakuKyuu

I'm gonna stick to the anime.... else i will get disappointed like the rest of you :D

16. Ajus

I like both anime and manga actually. although is it just me, or is the smurf theme being integrated into the anime itself? :huh

17. Jujubie

What do you guys think of Ken Akamatsu's latest creation? Although Love Hina will always be Akamatsu's masterpiece, Magister Magi Negima can give Lova Hina a run for its money. The manga is up to vol 11 chpt 102. The anime is completed at episode 26. They are both so different! I was so pissed when I heard about the anime's ending arc. So sad...Anyways, if you know what I'm talking about please give me your thoughts.

18. Shadow Replication 1480

Only 26 episodes? Egads. 'Course, it doesn't really matter since the anime royally butchers the manga(the cake episode was pretty damned funny, though, I'll give 'em that).

19. Ssj3_Goku

considering THEY DID NOT SUBB at 26... pisses me off and if they did please direct me the waY!

20. sayam

speakin of mahou sensei, I haven't seen any subbed releases in a while now, kinda miss it.

21. Syaoran*Sakura545

Negi is soooooo cute!Ahaha.....

22. SilverGoku

0_0 i remember before i saw Negima has way more than 26 episodes, like 50 something, but now i check anidb and it says 26, maybe they are going to split and make the rest as season 2, but anyways 26 episodes is pretty good cosidering that it takes a long time for a episode to come out.

23. Jujubie

I like the manga better. The anime totally butchers the genius of Akamatsu. Just like Love Hina. For goodness sakes a main character dies in the anime!

24. MechaTC

25. Jujubie

Asuna does have different eye colors in the manga. It's a condition in real life. It's not supposed to be that noticeable though. In the anime the distinction is so obvious. It's supposed to be a lighter shade of the other.

And SPOILERS:
    In the anime, Asuna dies at episode 23 only to come back to life at episode 26. It was such a sad day when I watched the episode yesturday. But don't worry, the anime totally butchers the manga and nothing like that has happened. The anime is onlhy 26 episodes long and the manga is still going. I can't wait for the next issue!

26. krescentwolf

Your typical school-anime + Harry Potter - Annoying English Accent = ???

It didn't sound to good when i first heard about it But I really started to get into the series. Anyone else take a look at it? I just recently finished watching the series and i thought it was well done ^_^;

BTW: Does anyone know the whereabouts of Episode 23? It's mysteriously missing from Animesuki and none of the subbers seem to have it :(

27. Not a Ninja

Mahou Sensei Negima was, to put it bluntly, blunt. It's not that it was paticularly bad, It's just that they used a twenty yen budget on what is possibly the GREATEST GODDAMN HAREM MANGA EVER! Did you know that the manga is still going, or that in the manga
    Spoiler:
    Asuna doesn't die
    , or that Eva is actually cool? And that they had actual fan service? So yeah, read the manga. Link removed has it all there. I'm not allowed to give you the actual link, you're going to have to figure this puzzle out on your own.

28. krescentwolf

Ahh such is the case with alot of anime. Case n point being Tenjho Tenge. Still, I did enjoy the anime, though the ending seemed a bit hurried. That seems to happen too often :( Anyways, Ill definitly hafta look into the manga! thanks :)

29. Not a Ninja

SPECIAL BONUS HINT: The manga honestly gets better after around chapter 15. Honest Guv', it does!

30. MechaTC