• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Main Characterless is better

GregSteve

Which fictional series so you think would be better without its main character and just focused on the stellar supporting cast instead?

TrueG 37

I don't read MHA but some folks are saying that he is becoming some batman or shit like that, is it true?
Batman's a bit too far but basically since Afo would put everyone in danger if he stays in U.A he's focused on fighting him and other villains alone. That and he's kinda sad that his best efforts in the war arc basically amounted to jack shit.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
I'm not entirely sure it would be better but I do think Part 5 Jojo without Giorno would still work quite well. Bucciarati would fit perfectly as a replacement main protagonist.

Last edited:
Which fictional series so you think would be better without its main character and just focused on the stellar supporting cast instead?
Blue Lock.

Like the MC being there or not doesn't actually affect the story or even the other characters.

:kannasip the MC is practically an after thought since the time blue lock was explained. Like they could have turned the whole group as the main focus instead of a titular main character.

Last edited:
Pokemon - Ash.

Like if Ash wasn't there we could have all the focus on the rivals

And there would be actual reason why every character would start weaker than the last arc rival.

:kannasip

Akira1993

Shadow Monarch
Blue Lock.

Like the MC being there or not doesn't actually affect the story or even the other characters.

:kannasip the MC is practically an after thought since the time blue lock was explained. Like they could have turned the whole group as the main focus instead of a titular main character.
Is it better than the iconic Captain Tsubasa?

Is it better than the iconic Captain Tsubasa?
No clue, I never actually read tsubasa, I only watch the anime and that was when they were in elementary.

Basically Tsubasa at that point is base on reality where they just play children's soccer.

Everyone in Blue lock has this special kick that can be activated once by per match.

:kannasip

Adamant soul

Bleach - Admittedly there are chunks of the story where this is practically the case anyway, but remove the boring hybrid and his useless girlfriend and you have to focus on other much better characters.

Naruto - Maybe not without Naruto himself per se but remove the Uchiha clan at the very least and you'd have a much better story on your hands.

Blade

dbs in general :tupac

boruto in general :mjlol

yup, blue lock without isagi

dbm without bra

uq holder without touta and negima without negi, with having rakan or nagi as the mc's instead, but i wouldn't call the series as ''stellar'' in every other aspect :russ :russ

rwby without team rwby, in the same tier as unquality holder and negima :mjlol

nnt without ningenliodas and nakaba's fairy loli tendencies :mjlol :hestonpls

mha without deku and bakugou :russ

Boomy

Chrome Shelled Regios without Layfon.
He's not bad per se, but his redemption story arc is not something you should beat to death for 25 volumes. Because of this he comes across as a really indecisive and frustrating character.

...in fact, just about every protagonist of Light Novel make it worse since they're basically all the same person.

Gundam Seed Destiny without Shin.

:kannasip Like seriously there's no actual point why they needed to transition to a new MC. It's not like with Kamille(Wheelchair bound) transition to Judau.

The former MC was literally able to fight and his friend could have taken the MC mantle as he was literally active since the very beginning of the Destiny series.

Even the series proved that Shin is actually pointless When they brought back the Former MC and Sideline Shin as part of the Villain group.

:meh

YoungChief

Bleach 1000% - Ichigo is less interesting than almost every other character

My Hero Academia - It's not so much that I dislike Deku, I think he's ok, I just wish the story wasn't so focused on one character and instead the class as a unit was the focus and we got more of the world of superheroes built up. The worldbuilding imo is pretty weak, and in general seems pretty bland, this is a society with advanced future tech and it is superhero centric yet just looking at the locations we visit you would never be able to tell, we still just go to "Location, Japan" and nowhere else. Not only that but the entire world is like this and we know almost nothing about it other than that some countries use quirk enhancing drugs for their armed forces, yay.

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
Blue Lock.

I like Isagi's direct shots and rivalries with Rin. Plus the whole triangle with him, Nagi and Nagi's old teammate. I don't think Isagi is really holding the story back or detracting from anyone else's arc exactly.

But yeah, Rin, Bachira and Princess are all a lot more interesting than Isagi is.

Its a shame since the main character of Kamisama no Iutoori and KnI Ni were fantastic.

As a positive example. I think Assassination Classroom was a great series because it didn't just focus on one student at the expense of the whole class. Nagisa, Karma and Kaede. were a bit more prominent. And Korosensei was clearly the centre of the show. But every student had a few moments to shine.

You could probably get rid of Playmaker from YGO VRAINS. He was too unbeatable, which made it more tense to watch his allies duel than him. But he's also not as compelling as Yugi & Atem or Yusei.

Top Bottom