1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for Graphic of the Week 50 -- Contest Central Banner is live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Voting for Photograph of the Week 54 -- Landscapes is also live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Entries for Graphic of the Week 51 -- Dragon Avatars are open! Click here to check it out!

Entries for Photograph of the Week 55 -- Freestyle are open! Click here to check it out!

-- Contest Central Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Throw the dice to win Golden Sparkles for a month. Check this thread.

Dismiss Notice

(manga spoilers) Abarai Renji tai ....(tai means vs. in japanese btw)

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Viciousness, Dec 3, 2005.

Abarai Renji vs. Madarame Ikkaku

Poll closed Dec 25, 2005.
  1. Renji wins , he's more deserving of the captain position anyway

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. Ikkaku wins, Renji was practically bowing to him

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. draw

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Viciousness on a Forums Break

sorry bout the lack of names in the title, just didnt want to tip off Anime only people to Ikkaku being stronger than they think. So whio do you think would win after the most recent developments? Renji seems to be the most powerful VC who gave Ichigo a run for his money in his Shikai form a while back, and has a new Bankai that hes getting used to. While Ikkaku seems to have had his for some time and gotten the hang of it. But renji's bankai is no pushover, and unlike Byakuya, Ikkaku doesnt seem to know or use alot of demon arts stuff since its looked down on in their division.

Tags:
  2. ShuiMei Member

I'm stuck between a draw or Ikkaku winning, I think I'm leaning towards Ikkaku though, as it appears that he taught Renji how to fight way back when and he has had his Ban Kai longer and should be more experience with it.

On the other hand when you compare Renji's fight with Ichigo to Ikkaku's fight with Ichigo, Renji's was much more intense, but that could be for numerous reasons like "plot device" or because of the very reason they were fighting, that being Rukia, and haven't pretty much all of of Renji's fights been for Rukia's sake? Except for maybe the latest one. Having Rukia on the line quite possibly, more than likely, intensified Renji's determination and drive in his past fights, it's possible that he would be that way with any fight, but it's also possible he may not be...

but then again, Ikkaku's a monster, an officer worthy of his division's reputation :p

These recent development have realy made me reevaluate where characters like Ikkaku stand compared to other characters now, so it's an interesting comparision.

3. Seon Sero Master....

I dunno I'm leaning towards Renji,only because the anime is pretty much wanting him to become important later on so he is destend to become something great,lIke Uryu he's gona get incredibly good just because he's a main character ya know? Also, Renji seems to have more backbone to his character while Ikkaku was just supposed to be one of those "oh he's just powerful not much side story to him" type characters IMO,this could change over time though--anyhew GO renji!

4. Wrath Mourning

If they fought at the Shikai level, then Renji no doubt.

With Bankais, however, unless Renji has massively improved from his fight with Byakuya I would expect it to be much closer.

Certainly they're fighting Arrancar #12 and #13, so the difference between them can't be that great.

5. Abarai-Kun ~13th Division, 6th Seat~

Well... thats a hard one.
    From the manga we all know how good Ikkakus Bankai is but we dont anything about Renjis Bankai since the fight with Byakuya.
    I think Renji has enough time to get very good and maybe he has now Ichigo level.
    Who knows but we will see.
    Ikkaku is good and he is the 2nd strongest man in the strongest division.
    But I think because Renji has more time to train with Bankai hes better.

6. Viciousness on a Forums Break

personally I saw Ikkaku or draw. Ikkaku's Bankai is probably more polished considering hes had it longer. Renji's shikai definately seems superior from the fight with Ichigo though. Still since its going to be a Bankai battle then its hard to say. Renji'ss Bankai looks like it has more potential to me but Ikkaku's got the experience factor.

I dont think Renji will defeat the 12th Arrancar on his own, personally I think Urahara has been observing him and will step in. Then later train him how to perfect it so he surpasses Ikkaku's bankai but until then its either Ikkaku or draw. Unless he does manage to beat the 12th Arrancaru on his own and prove me wrong, cuz Ikkaku barely beat the 13th, so him beating the 12th on his own would prove he's stronger.
    Him losing doesnt mean he's weaker, I just think if hes seriously improved his Bankai theyll show it as his trump so he wins, but if not he'll lose and I think ikkaku's polished Bankai is as good as or somewhat better than renji's old one.
    Im expecting Renji to become alot more powerful though thanks to Urahara.

7. blues Member

Renji. His Bankai's has far greater reach then Ikkaku's. It was able to catch Byakuy off gaurd (and even a Byakuua who isn't serious, can't be slower then Ikkaku). It's also modular, so it wont matter how much Ikkaku chops it as he'll just put it back together. And yeah, Ikkaku's Bankai's big, but not so big that Rengi's Snake could'nt bite it and take a good portion or Ikkaku's arm with it.

8. Crowe inactive - most of the time

If Ikkaku puts that ban kai in motion i have a hard time believing that Renjis big 'snake' could reach him, it would only get shattered to dust. Renji can put together and loosen up the different pieces, but a chop right on the face of the snake or just any part would shatter the snake.

9. blues Member

You mean like how Ikkaku's bankai shatterd so easily after just one attack? Renji's been shown putting his bankai together and still controling his shikai after it was shattered into numerous peices, so there's no reason why he couldn't do it with his bankai.

Renji's snake reaching him is easy enough to imagine considering the length and the fact that the head was larger then Byakuya himself. It's Ikkaku's bankai that would have a hard time reaching Renji. Even with Byakuya's speed he only avoided being bitten in two from it on acount of his Kidoh. Ikkaku has neither kidoh or Byakuya's speed.

Basically, it'd just be Renji attacking from a safe distance, while Ikkaku is pretty much just fighting Zabimaru's head, till he's inevitabley ripped to shreads.

10. Crowe inactive - most of the time

Completly different opponents and completly differents fighting styles. Comparing them wouldnt make any sense.
    It is true that he can shatter segments of the Snake but that doesnt make it invincible, when he shatteres the snake there are several big bones that could be damaged with attacks.

Renji's Bankai:

Spoiler: mangac205

Ikkaku's Bankai:

As you probably can see Ikkaku's bankai isnt really all that small as you seem to think.

And as you can see here, is the segments he can shatter. Notice some of the bones are pretty big and wouldnt be hard to chop on since he cant shatter them once more, thus giving the enemy an advantage.
    The larger it is the easier it will be cut since Ikkaku's 'swords' are huge and have enormous strenght as we could see. Think of Ikkaku as a rotating fan, if you try to slip your finger through it you will get cut. In the end it comes down to which is strongest, Ikkaku's bankai of steel or Renji's bones.

Buyakuya was toying around with Renji, when he became a tad serious, Renji couldnt barely touch him.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  11. Seon Sero Master....

when it comes to Shikai, Renji I think has the BEST mastery over it,even more than Ichigo,mainly because he cought Byakuya off gaurd when he didn't even have to call it's name in order to unleash it. So this could be his advantage against Ikkaku,who has the ability to break it off into a three sectioned staff but must call it out,besides I don't think he can reach renji from distance while Renji has distance to his advantage. Banki on the other hand is completely different,Ikkaku might have this when it comes to Bankai only because Renji is a total NEWB on his bankai and he doesn't know much about other peoples bankai

12. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Wow this is a toughie. I think I'll go with Ikkaku for this fight. I know Renji's bound to become stronger eventually due to the story, but right now, Ikkaku is just really rough and his recent accomplishments were totally on his own...well I guess renji's was as well, but he still had some influence. Ikkaku had none whatsoever, not even from his cap'n since he was lacking in that area (yeah I'm vague, but I don't want to spoil anything)

13. Isshin Master of All

There is something that everyone should remember... Renji = automatic lose, there is nothing you can do about it... ;)

14. Whispo Spartan

Guys..... ... ikaku has a REAL ban kai (altough renji has had time to practice i doubt he'll be used 2 ban kai atm) .. ofcource our baldie winns > D