1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

[Manga Spoilers] Matsumoto vs Ikkaku

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Wrath, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Wrath Mourning

As the title says, there are spoilers, so you're doubly warned.

In the current fights, Ikkaku is fighting Arrancar #13, and it definitely seems like their ranking is by power, considering Hitsugaya is fighting #11 and Grimmjaw is #6.

But, since Hitsugaya is fighting #11, and Ikkaku #13, that means only one of the other Shinigami can be fighting #12. Either Renji or Matsumoto. Renji is far more likely, since he's almost certainly stronger than Matsumoto.

And that means that Matsumoto can at best be fighting #14.

So, who do you think would win?

Tags:
  2. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Well, we don't know for certain that #12 is in play at the moment. Illfort looks unusually bishie, so Renji may have been screwed over - again - and gotten an Arrancar between 7 and 11 whom only a captain should be able to beat.

Ignoring Arrancar matchups, Matsumoto should easily beat Ikkaku since her zanpakutou release is some nonphysical effect that easily beat Kira. Ikkaku's own release is only slightly better than his unreleased sword, so Matsumoto, who is probably around 3rd or so out of the vice captains, ought to easily steamroll him.

3. Hef Night Work

I love you. :wtf

Yes, Matsumoto should be able to defeat Ikkaku (easily?). Reasons stated above. :laugh

4. Code Zoamelgustar

I don't think Matsumoto will be able to defeat Ikkaku easily. But I'd say we have to wait to see Matsumoto's shikai ability (unless I missed something.) But Kira doesn't seem like he's as good at sword fighting as Ikkaku. So Matsumoto will have a harder time landing whatever her ability was.

5. blues Member

I gotta go with Baldie, and I don't like either of 'em so I'm not biased. I Just chose him because his previous fights against Ichigo (even if Ichigo was still green) and someone said to be Captain level. Both those guys seem thougher than Kira, IMO.

Also, I don't think Kubo likes to let the guys from 11th division lose to many battles. :p

6. pakku surlier than ever

Can somebody give me a chapter number on this? I thought the most of her shikai we saw was simply its release, then it switched to some other action and never returned. I know we see her later, and she did seem unhurt, but that would be from Isane's interruption. This would be some interesting stuff I missed if it did indeed happen.

7. SeekerofPower New Member

Her shikai is in the sucky hack and slash bleach game that came out for ps2. Don't want to ruin it for those that want to wait and see so
    Spoiler:
    She says groan ash cat and then it looks like dust surrounds her and cuts anything around her
    I think Matsumoto would beat Ikkaku.

He has shown more 11th division loses than wins. Loses: Ichigo vs. Ikkaku, Yumichika vs. Ganjuu, Kenpachi vs. Ichigo. Wins: Kenpachi vs. Tousen, Yumichika vs. Ikkaku. Ikkaku better win the fight he is having to make up for his loses.

8. blues Member

I wasn't counting the heroes. I thought that went without saying.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  9. Yamato (Inactive) Banned

Well Matsumoto is probably quite good at demon magic, and that is working really great against people from 11th divsion (see Byakuya vs Renji - previous 9th seat of Zaraki's divison).

10. Wrath Mourning

Hahahahahaha.

Told ya.

11. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

I'd place Matsumoto above Ikkaku so she'd take it, (she;d also give Renji a run for his money imo)

12. Hef Night Work

Told you what? :huh

I wouldn't start gloating just yet. :spaz

13. oakzap425 I Gotta Feeling...

..When the hell did that fight happen? :huh

14. Wrath Mourning

Ahem? I'd like that apology, mmm?

15. bonedogil me?!

we don't know what matsumotos shikai does exactly, but we do know that it disperses (another word i have no idea how to spell:oh ) to apossible byakuya style attack...
    Spoiler:
    but maybe instead of cutting the enemy with tiny blades, u get an iron sand style attack(naruto) that's capable of cutting stuff from afar...

therefore she'll probably be able to defeat ikkaku easely, because he's just a swordsman after all... no special abilities , just skills and destructive power...
    and as we know: kenpachi was able to deafeat one captain with his swordsmanship skills alone! the second battle wasn't resolved, but i think kenpachi would kick komamura's ass (and to think i love that wolf dude:nod )...
    but ikkaku isn't anywhere near kenpachi's swordsmanship skills, so i say big boobed lady for da win!!!]

edit:and i also think that she's one of the stronger VCs... if not the strongest:)

16. Wrath Mourning

Ummm... I guess you haven't read the manga, then? Which is kinda dumb, coming into a thread that has manga spoilers in the title.

Spoiler: MASSIVE Manga Spoilers
    Ikkaku has Bankai. He is far more powerful than Matsumoto, and proved it when he defeated a released Arrancar, while Fanservice beat one of the crappy Arrancar who couldn't even transform.

17. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

Wtf... why are so many people saying Matsumoto?

Spoiler:
    Ikkaku has bankai, as Wrath said. A friggin' badass bankai at that, which he used to beat a released Arrancar. Unless Matsumoto has a bankai herself then I doubt she could win this...

EDIT: He is also, arguably, Captain level.. as he was asked to become a captain by Renji.

18. Gunners .

Boldy, he has bankai, and he just seems more powerful.

19. Ashura Malicious Marvel

Sheerly because we dont know the full abilities of Rangiku's zanpakutou, I say draw.

20. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

We however do know that she doesn't have a ban release, so I think that that gives the bald man the edge he needs.

21. Plus the arrancar she fought didn't release just like the one Rukia fought.

He was either the weakest or second weakest.

22. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Yep, you were right that Ikkaku is stronger than Matsumoto.

But, in fairness to the opposition, no one could have anticipated Ikkaku having Bankai and your logic based on Arrancar numbers wound up being wrong. The whole encounter had a lot of random, unpredictable stuff that changed our conceptions of strength hugely just between chapters (Renji and Hitsugaya looking weaker than Rukia until the release of their limits, Ikkaku's Bankai, Espada being insanely powerful, etc.)

23. Code Zoamelgustar

Might be repeating myself but well Renji did say even if he others had bankai Ikkaku would still be the best choice as Captain or the only choice, something along those lines I believe. Regardless, I'd put Ikkaku above Matsumoto. The only thing distinguished she has done aside from having to have Hitsugaya go out of his way to watch over her is beat Kira. But that's basically because her shikai abilities make his useless. So Kira might as well have been fighting with no shikai.

24. Wrath Mourning

I made that post before we learned about the numbers and Espada, where it really did look like they were ranked for power. And regardless, my conclusion was that Ikkaku was fighting a stronger opponent than Fanservice - and I was right - that Ikkaku would therefore defeat a stronger opponent than Fanservice - again, right - and that Ikkaku was stronger than Fanservice - right, right, right.

25. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Wow, way to yank your own chain

Do you masturbate over pictures of yourself as well?

26. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

Huh? He was pretty much spot on..

27. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Oh really? Did I say he wasn't?

28. Wrath Mourning

Oh yeah, all the time.