1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

[Manga Spoilers] Question about quincy

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by The Lazy Shadow, Nov 20, 2005.

1. The Lazy Shadow Gin Iro no Sora

I looked around and didn't find anything about it or maybe the search is off, anyway my question is Can Quincy become Vaizards? The reason why is because of the return of Ishida's father. I think he is a Vaizard or atleast working with one

Tags:
  2. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

What makes you say that?

3. A3-kun Antw?rpen?r

This shouldn't be here....

And I don't know what makes you think that o_O

4. Shiari Lurking around in the shadows.

.....Eh....

Spoiler: From the manga.. Lastestish chapters.
    You HAVE to be a shinigami to become a vaizard...

Course.... A quincy could become a shinigami when they die. o.o

And I am going with everyone else..... What made you think this!?

5. Utz Allure in the Wind

>> Thread should belong in the Society Library, reference to anime/manga talk is non-existent.

Moved to the Society Library :thumbs.

6. jonat3 Active Member

It must be noted that quincy after their deaths are still quincy. Ishida's grandfather is a perfect example. Mayuri bribed the shinigami in looking another way, hollows attacked and killed Ishidda's grandfather, and Mayuri used his soul to experiment on.

But perhaps it's still possible to become shinigami. All the plus souls with spiritual power can become shinigami, but perhaps they can also be trained to become quincy's, who knows.

7. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

I doubt it, Quincy really don't possess anything other than an above average Reiatsu they learn to use (please correct me if I'm wrong), the Shingami actually need to have special powers to be shinigami, so any Quincy who started to become a hollow would just be a high level hollow.

Which raises the interesting question if a Quincy becomes a hollow then an arrancar, can they still use their bow?

8. TEK Akatsuki

I don't think they can become vaizards but they could help them. However, if a quincy were to become a shinigami, which they probably wouldn't due to their hate for them, then maybe they could find a way to become a vaizard as well.

9. ChickenPotPie HAH.

Quincy/Shinigami/Hollow Hybrid, that would be something interesting to see.

10. TEK Akatsuki

If it was possible, then it would be interesting.

11. A3-kun Antw?rpen?r

Quincy-Vaizard/Quincy-Arrancar

Such a being would be way too overpowered.

12. Code Zoamelgustar

While shinigami are merely those who have spiritual power in the first place... Wasn't it said the differnece between a Shinigami and a Quincy is that Quincy use spiritual energy from outside while Shinigami use spiritual energy from within?

13. The Lazy Shadow Gin Iro no Sora

I was just asking since it seemed to be a mere coincedence that Uryuu's dad just happens to come when the vaizards did. Though I still see the possiblity of a Vaizard/Quincy Hybrid.

14. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Not that I'm doubting you, just curious where that was said? It always appeared to me that being a shingami was more than just using your spirit energy, otherwise Chad and Orihime could be Shinigami.

I remember Ishida when he pulled out all those spirit strings saying that the red strings were shinigami, this indicates a different kind of spirit power, not just using internal power, but if you have something that proves me wrong please present it because I'm honestly a little fuzzy on the subject.

15. Code Zoamelgustar

Link removed
    "Humans like Kurosaki Ichigo who had the ability to detect hollows." (Those with more spiritual power can see them.)

Link removed
    So shinigami merely using sprititual energy from their soul and channel it through a zanpaktou.

16. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Interesting. I would imagine though it would still require some kind of innate power they are born with, I recall Urahara saying that Ichigo was born with his shinigami powers which is something Byakuya never counted on. This indicates not all souls have the powers of a shinigami within them.

Shinigami have spirits within their souls in the form of their Zanpakutou, a sentient separate presence that is a part of them.

Then again I could be wrong.