1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

[Manga Spoilers!] Toushirou and Rangiku - future break-up?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Yak, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Yak

Hope this hasn't been done before, but if so, mods, trash the thread.

I just rushed to manga chapter 180 again and came across the parts where Rangiku was reflecting about Gin and later Hitsugaya standing in the door to Hinamoris rest room and giving the reader that half sad /half angry look.

Well, I guess some others may have thought about the possibility that Rangiku and her captain might get into a serious conflict as soon as Aizen starts to take steps again and he, Tousen and Gin show up and the guys from Soul Society are involved.

Rangiku said she didn't like "that" part about Gin when she was holding his hand and he gave her that sad smile and said that he was sorry, he had to go though he would have enjoyed it being held by her a bit more. I'm not sure about the relationship the both had in the past and to the point where Gin betrayed all but it still seems, Rangiku sort of has feelings for him.

As for Hitsugaya, well... even a blind man could see that he has something going on for her and the way he stands there, looking angry, I'm pretty sure he thinks about avenging what Aizen (and in some way Gin) has done to her.

So, if we get to the point that Hitsugaya is facing Aizen and Gin again, I'm sure he will attack him/them. Depending on how strong the feelings of Rangiku and Hitsugaya for their beloved ones are and how well the "evil guys" play their cards, I could see Rangiku and Hitsugaya breaking up or even fight eacht other because Rangiku might want to protect Gin and Hitsugaya wants to kill him and Aizen for betraying everyone and almost killing Hinamori.

What are your thoughts on this whole matter? Is it possible or am I making up utter bullshit? ^^; Discuss.

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni

No, it's not bullshit. Not really. It's possible, and it might just happen. Though I'm 50% on it.

First off, I find it really obvious that Rangiku has feelings for Gin. That being said, I really don't think she'd allow herself to let Gin slip into the darkness. She probably would allow Hitsugaya to beat his ass up, yeah, but not kill him. No, she wants to save him. If Hitsugaya was going to kill Gin, then yes, she would stop him.

But honestly, I don't think this would lead to a break-up. Matsumoto doesn't come off as foolist enough to take to Gin and Aizen's side. She'll fight against him in the hopes that he converts back to the light, and in order to do that, she'll need to trust in the strength of her captain, Hitsugaya. :)

3. Vegeta

I hope she reaches ban kai =P Maybe then we will see her beat some sense into Gin.

Another thing with Rangiku getting ban kai, maybe she'd be promoted (well not maybe, but they prolly need it after three captains defected) and Hinamori would come under the command of Hitsu =]

Although, the most likely of things is that the Vice Captains will take over the squad. Hinamori, a captain?

I really can't wait for the next few arcs of Bleach, they are going to be excellent.

/me ph34rs the filler episodes to come in the Anime.

4. Code

I really don't think that Hitsugaya has something going for Rangiku if that's what you're trying to say. (Or you meant for Hinamori which seems more likely, though kind of a "care for her in a friendly manner" way ... but then I say the same thing for Ichigo and Rukia...). Vice captains and captain don't have to get along... Mayuri and Nemu.... Byakuya and Renji... Soi Fong and her vice captain...

But yeah, it's possible Rangiku might go after Gin. I don't think Hitsugaya will stand by while his vice captain might possibly be with the enemy.

5. Yak

@Code: No, my point was that their normal Captain - Vice-captain relationship might break up. When it comes to Gin it could be possible that Rangiku is not going to obey her captain and rather wants to protect Gin from being killed or (depending on how strong her feelings for him are and how well he can play his cards) or even from punishment.

The main factor in this is indeed Gin. Aizen for that matter is clear, he clearly stated he didn't try to deceive anyone, they just didn't realize who he really was. But Gin is different. We can't clearly say on who's side he stands or if he even is going to betray Aizen for his own ideals and plans or whatever. So, if Hitsugaya and Rangiku going after Aizen there is no discussion that he is the "evil guy", but if Rangiku were to go after Gin, we could face some problems because we simply don't know what make a man like him follow Aizens ideals and plans.

Example, imagine the following scenario (somewhat unlikely but it's just an example): Rangiku faces Gin and they fight, are seperated from the others so that they are alone. Gin tells Rangiku that he is a secret "double-agent" and since Aizen trusts him (He said something like "from the very beginning I never thought of anyone else beside this man [Gin] as my vice-captain"), Gin was trying to find out for his own what he plans and did noone else tell about this because it could screw up this "secret operation" of his.

He tells this Rangiku and adds "don't tell anyone about this, promise me, and don't go after me" and make his saddening smile. Whether this is the truth or not isn't that important at the moment, but it increases the possibility that Rangiku believes him. Even if she doubts what he said, there is a slight possibility that it is indeed true and this could lead to Rangiku acting against Hitsugayas orders and wants to protect Gin. And she won't tell anyone about this since she promised to him not to.

Gin is a person that is barely not to read. He is intelligent and a good actor, his psychologic timing is excellent, he always knows WHAT to say WHEN and what better not to talk about at all. But I looked at the pictures where we can see him with his creepy standard smile and the smile he had in the backflash where he and Rangiku were young and the recent "good-bye-smile" before he left with Aizen. Since we don't know what Gin really thinks and feels and what of this is acting and what is true, I can only say from what I see - one of these smile-types looks fake. And I tend to say his creepy-smile is fake while his sad-smile shows how he really feels and this is the smile that is definitely more touching for Rangiku or else she wouldn't be so much in doubt about him and think about him and in the end get totally drunk and hammerd because of Gin.

Of course, if it is the other way round, Gin could use the faked "sad-smile" to set up a huge plot and using Rangiku as a further tool because he could trick Rangiku and her feelings with those faked emotions. But as I said, it depends on how strong Rangikus feelings are for him and if she is willing to do it "in the name of love" or if she still stays reasonable and gives her relationship with Gin proper judgement and concentrates totally on her duties and trusts her captain Hitsugaya.

Long post, excuse me. ^^;

6. Literally Exaggerated

damn, never thought about that before, but you may be right. dammit, I really hope nothing keeps Hitsugaya from laying an unholy beatdown on at least one of those responsible for what happened to Hinamori

7. monk3

well there will definetly be some dispute with the return of Gin and Aizen( whenever that'll be) hitsu and matsu will probably battle and figure stuff out after. but histu will definetly try to kill them for hinamori

8. BushidoPunk

Tee hee hee, Rangiku's bewbs almost fell out when she got scared by Hitsugaya :laugh

9. TEK

Almost doesn't cut it. They need to fall out. If only Hitsugaya scared her even more, then we would all be very very very very very happy. It'd be awesome. Did I mention that we'd be very happy.

10. KonohaSandGirl

I think Rangiku has feelings for Gin, but she also realizes he might have to be stopped. She probably would try to stop him without killing him, but if he truly needs to be killed, she would let him be killed. But only after talking to him about it and trying to get him back on the good side.
    Hitsugaya also probably knows Rangiku's feelings about Gin so he might try to stop Gin without killing him, but he would know that there is little chance that Gin can be stopped without being killed.

11. Zimeon

I think not, because it looks like Rangiku and Toushirou has a much closer relationship than other Captains and Vice Captains. I might even dare to say that they might even become a couple by the end of the show, how unlikely that sounds, but their interaction is actually really good, and fun, like she blocks his vision with her hands and pull the back of his head into her boobs, and how she looks really sad when he is talking with Hinamori over the big TV in Orihimes apartment.

12. Jh1stgen

You kidding me? xD

13. Parell

Could it happen? Yes. Will I think it'll happen? No.

Hitsugaya dosn't really hate Gin, he really hates Aizen, who was the one who practiclly killed Hinamori(and himself) in the first place. Hitsugya and Matsumoto seem to have a pretty stable(but not romantic) relationship going on, and not one which will break under these tensions. I think if Matsumoto got Gin to redeem himself, Hitsugaya may not accept him, but he wouldn't have anything against Matsumoto for it.

14. Wesley

I don't think Matsumoto would betray Hitsugaya or even stop him, just because of a past relationship with Gin. I like to believe she's professional enough she can act to stop him to the fullest of her abilities. She's a strong, capable, and loyal Vice Captain, possibly with senior status among the Gotei 13.

However, her link to Gin is a weak point of hers. I don't think it alone would be enough to turn her or to stop her from killing him, but using the connection as a starting point Gin could attempt to manipulate her.

I guess what I'm saying is for Gin to cause weakness in Rangiku, alot more is going to have to happen then him bringing up some old feelings. New events and circumstances that might give her doubts or reluctancy to action. Things that haven't happened yet.

15. Marsala

Rangiku will not betray Hitsugaya, even for Gin. If anything, I would expect her to jump in the way and take a finishing blow from Gin meant for Hitsugaya, which would shake Gin up and make him question what he has become.

16. Jh1stgen

If i can see a rangiku with a mask ... then go on azien side ~

Rangiku with mask >>> Hag :ninja

17. Zimeon

This I agree with all my heart..

18. Spy_Smasher

I think Matsumoto already faced this decision -- and chose her Taicho. I think her moment of reflection was a moment of mourning for a love lost.

19. olaf

I like Gin, he's a character that's heard to read. We don't know his true motives or goals. What's more we don't really know anything about his past reationship with Rangiku.

IMO When Rangiku would be on edge, it's possible that she could be convicted/manipulated by Gin. Remember how Hinamori was tricked by Aizen's letter? Before that happened I wouldn't ever think that Hinamori was cappable of pulling sth like killng Hitsu.

My point is that Rangiku as she is isn't IMO able to betray SS in any way, even to help Gin. But when she would be put on edge (ex. Gin saying "I'm double-sided spy") situation changes and I'm not that sure about things she would or wouldn't do then.

20. Kisame

Nah no way gin would get shaken up by that. He would say something like "now now i wasnt aiming for you"

21. Ryuuken +

yeah he would get shaken up by something like that because him and rangiku have a deep bond. he knew her before he knew aizen.

22. Sasori

I can so see Rangiku jumping in front of Gin, from Hitsuguya's finishing blow.

23. Kisame

If they had that deep of a bond he woulda never left her.

Hit it and quit it ftw.

24. KonohaSandGirl

that's exactly what he would say! XD

25. xiaojiang

well, i think he would say something like that on the surface but i still think he has feelings for her. it will impact him if she comes in harm way.

26. KonohaSandGirl

yea he probably would feel for her. But he would soooo say that ^_^

27. stillarium

Hmh, while it is quite obvious that Matsumoto has feelings for Gin (we really don't know if it's mutual), I don't think that Hitsugaya has something going on for Hinamori. o_O;

Isn't it kind of... natural that he worries for her? They're childhood friends and to me it seemed like he is like a brother to her (much like Renji - Rukia, where many also see love in the air... and in *their* relationship it's more possible that there was a one-sided love than with Hitsugaya/Hinamori, I think). I mean, he sure does want to protect her, but anything beyond that? I don't know. In that case, I would even say that Kira has possibly feelings for Hinamori. At least... in the flashback of the anime, he blushes when she joins the group of him and Renji AFAIR, but well, that's just something little I noticed. I'm certainly not taking this as a proof and neither am I a fan of Kira/Hinamori, but IMO it is MORE obvious than Toushiro/Momo. o.O

Matsumoto does think a lot about Gin it seems and even dreams of their past. In the "Beat Collections" she asks Gin in their duett if he is afraid of being loved and - similiar to the anime - says that she hates his bad habits like leaving without telling her where he's going to.

As for the break-up... I agree with those who say that Matsumoto isn't blind enough to do something like this. Hinamori acts on impulses and emotions, but Matsumoto is someone who would give her duties and her captain priority, I think.

28. KonohaSandGirl

omg I loved their duet! It was so good! I like the meaning of it too. It was soo sad :( especially the last part.
    Where do you want to go? What do you want to be?
    Are you afraid of being loved?
    A little longer and you could have got me
    It's too bad
    It can't be cured, can it?
    Winter fireworks
    winter fireworks
    winter fireworks...

:( :( :( :( It's soo sad! But I luv the music! XD

29. itachidattebayo

Quite possible, since Rangiku does still have feelings for Gin and Hitsugaya, for Hinamori........