1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

[Manga] The Whitebeard/Blackbeard connection and apossible WG conspiracy.

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by Louis-954, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Louis-954

Read the second quote very closely, Blackbeards real name in real life was Edward Teach. So why name him Marshall D. Teach and not Edward Teach? Oda is trying to throw us another curveball and floor us when the time comes. But I think I caught this 1.

I think that they are brothers. Im also 95% positive that WhiteBeards full name is Edward D. Newgate. As weve seen anything is possible with Oda, Monkey D. Garp, Monkey D. Dragon.....

Theory #1
    They were once very tight brother's, sailing the Grandline side by side, Blackbeard as the commander of Whitebeards second fleet. I believe this was how it was from ???-3(+???) years ago. Enter Ace a 17 year old man setting out on a journey to become the pirate king. Somehow Ace forms a crew and reaches the Grandline. He finds the Mera Mera No Mi fruit and eats it, adding to his already great hand to hand fighting skills.

Young Ace gains a reputation rather quickly and gets a pretty high bounty, Whitebeard gets wind of this new up and comer and seeks out "Fire Fist Ace". Whitebeard incorporates Ace and the crew he was with into the WB Pirates. He acts like a father ace, the father that ace has been longing for ever since he was a young boy, The father Dragon never was. Ace hates Dragon for leaving soon after his little brother was born. Whitebeard acknowledges his potential and gives the younger stronger Ace the position of "First Mate"(Blackbeard's position) In exchange he gives up his goal to become pirate king and instead wants to make his father figure(WB) pirate king. Blackbeard is hurt that his own brother would do that to him so he lashes out, not at Ace or Whitebeard(They are stronger) but at his former subordinates for 2 reasons. First reason, he feels betrayed by his brother and he hates Ace. The second, he was pissed at his Nakama for following another man besides himself. He escapes with the only 4 subordinates that stayed loyal to him. This leads WB to order Ace to kill his brother. 3+ years go by......Blackbeard is yet to be found.

Theory#2
    Same as above up until the part where Ace is given the position of First Mate and lets his dream to become pirate king go for WB.
    Blackbeard feeling hurt and defeated does nothing. At the same time the World Government has given an offer to one of the stronger pirates of the Grandline to become a Shichibukai. This pirates name is Donquixote Doflamingo. The WG acknowledges his specail ability to control the minds of others. Don agree's to leave his crew to become a Shichibukai, being able to pillage and have the government look the other way? Why not? He was sick of having them come after his 340 million beli head. He accepts but the WG wants a favor done before they acknowledge him as a Shichibukai.

The World Government has a a Cipher Pol member implemented in the WB pirates. They give Don a run down of the situation and want him to add more fuel to the flame and begin the destruction of the WB pirates. Don goes to Whitebeard and asks to join his crew, Whitebeard knows of his repuation and accepts. Blackbeard by now has gotten over the fact that he was replaced and is now happy with his brothers decision. Blackbeard believes in the "New Era" and that Ace is a part of this newer stronger era so he realizes that ace as first mate is best for the crew and that the decision will take the crew furthur than Blackbeard ever could, he lets Ace know his feelings. Don hears this and is of course against it.

Some time passes.... Don puts Blackbeard under his control one night and makes him slaughter his Nakama. Don flees....Ace sees blackbeard with blood all over him and dead Nkama all around. Blackbeard knowing what Ace is thinking flees as well. Making him look even guiltier. WB and Ace of course take it as an act of revenge and set out to kill him. 3+ years go by.....Blackbeard is still on the run.

Enter Shank's
    One of Shank's Nakama were on the ship at the time of the slaughter and saw exactly what had happened. He flees the ship as well and goes to tell Shanks what had happened. Turns out Shanks also had/has and undercover Cipher Pol member on his ship at the time. The WG must'nt let Shanks tell Whitebeard the truth, so they do everything in there power to stop Shanks from getting to WB. They suceed and end up chasing him out of the Grandline and into the east blue(Not to be confused with Shakns visit ten years ago). Shanks stayed in the east Blue for 3 years, until Luffy got his second bounty and what not. He sends WB a letter with the truth as to what actually happened written on it, of course he throws it out and says he would rather meet him in person. Rockstar tells Shanks his response, Shanks agrees to go meet WB in person. The Ciper Pol spy reports to the WG to tell them Shank's is on the move and the WG takes action once again. This time however Shanks is determined not to be thwarted once again and takes off(Last weve seen of him) to see WB.

Whitebeard could meet the other 2 emporers at pretty much any time right? Why do they care so much about Shanks meeting Whitebeard but not the others? This leads me to believe that Shanks knows the truth, and that there are spys among the WB and Red Haired pirates ranks. Why else would the WG try so hard to keep 2 people from meeting?

Why try to destroy WB in the first place? Easy the WG doesnt want another pirate king and he is the closest man to One Piece, they want to take him out ASAP and thats why he is a threat. They felt that if they took Ace and Blackbeard out of the picture(Temporarily) they could open up a window to launch a full out assault on Whitebeard without the trouble of his stronger members defending him. Little did they know Shanks had gotten wind of it thus delaying and possibly destroying there plans.

They must stop Shanks soon at all costs if they want to kill WB. The Cipher Pol is also the only way I could see the WG knowing at almost all times what Shanks and WB are up to.

All in all What does the WG get out of this? Ace or Blackbeard dead from a fruitless set-up confrontation and a dead WB. Destruction of the most powerful crew in existence, thus making the World Powers shift more into there favor.The WG knows full well who Blackbeard is are you kiddin me? He was a stronger member of WB's crew and hes a D. There palying stupid, they wont let him become a Shichibukai because they need Ace to keep pursuing him so they can make a move on WB. If they gave him Shichibukai status Ace would most likely back off becuase of the direct ties with the WG and other Shichibukai. Theres the chance Ace would keep pursuing but they cannot afford any risks. Oh and, he fucking attacked Drum Island a nation linked to the WG and completely decimated it, dont tell me that they didnt/dont know about that. They just let it slide to let things play out according to original plan. Thats also the reason they let BB's subordinate leave Mariejoie. If it were any other pirate they would have taken him down on the spot. He had some balls to go there by himself and he got lucky.

Well thats what I think guys. I know it may not hold much weight and im tired as fuck so im sorry if it sounds "Rushed". But I put alot of thought into it and I hope you liked it :). Id also like to know what you all think of WB/BB/Shanks/etc.

I credit: Wikipedia
    The person here who proposed the Donquixote Theory
    The person who proposed the Dragon Theory
    and myself.

P.S. My first ever theory, yay! ^_^

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
    Tags:
  2. zagman505

not bad at all =) i personally like the idea that blackbeard is innocent and that doflamingo was controlling him, and blackbeard is only seeking to enter the shichibukai so he can get to doflamingo easier, cuz blackbeard is a pretty cool person and a D to boot.

i like a lot =) reps

3. Louis-954

5. Hitotsumami

6. makaveli80

it's an interesting theory, but I think you are looking too deep into it...BB simply joined to hide his power as he gained his stregth and when he thought he was ready, broke out.

meh, time will tell >_>

7. Louis-954

^ Um I made this theory before that was stated in the Manga, read the date....

8. makaveli80

lol my bad, I just caught up with the manga like yesterday, so I was just going through the interesting threads =)

9. ferol

so funny this guy..always make me laugh:laugh