1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Manga7 or Manga-Rain

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Di-chan, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Di-chan

I was just wondering how many people are currently downloading from either Manga7 or Manga-Rain... and which one is better?

Tags:
  2. Fox_Retainer

I'm downloading from whoever gets it out first, but I usually go back for Manga-Rain's translation...

3. Shunsui Supporting Staff

manga rain > m7

m7 planned on using manga-rain's translations even

regardless, IRC is a necessity for dling manga-rain stuff, and they're a tad behind.

4. addikt

manga-rain's quality is better imo .. but they don't release as quickly so I get the M7 release and replace it with manga-rain's later..

IRC is not that bad .. give it a try :)

5. Shunsui Supporting Staff

no! IRC SUCKS. NARUTARDS AND BLEADIOTS NEVER USE IT :ninja

6. Chocostars

i like MR better. I d/l Manga 7 and then I red/l MR, just because I like their translations better. I dont' know if they are more accurate (since I can't read Jap) but just the way it's phrased, I like MR better.

7. Di-chan

How far behind is Manga-Rain?

8. Shunsui Supporting Staff

about 20 chapters i believe. no problem with reading lower quality chapters until they catch up

9. HAKU_lover

WOw 20 chapters i quite far behind... whats the problem?

10. Jeltz

Manga-rain is at chapter 162 and Manga 7 is at 169. It's just 7 chapters but it's still too much. However I think that the quality of MR's work is higher.

Irc is good, use it. ;)

11. Nination

Manga7 = speed = good
    Though, I prefer BleachRemix over them.

12. DoomPie

lol nination, is it because you're part of the team for bleachremix? XD
    i prefer MR > M7.
    but they're just too slow, so i dl MB's usually.

13. TDW

Mangarain over M7 definately I say

14. Shikamaru-sama

I always get mine from manga7 considering Manga-rain are a bunch of wankers :)

15. Mindless

Quite true what Shunsui said. IRC is quite (very) unpractical to use.

And to stick to the thread: Manga-Rain > Manga7.

Why? Manga-Rain does very little photoshop editing to their chapters, that is noticeable at least. While Manga7 uses all kinds of brushes and filters on their chapters so all the shadows look like black water or something. That's mainly because I like Manga-Rain better.

And also because Manga-Rain are original. As Shunsui said, Manga7 though of stealing (more or less) Manga-Rain's releases because they lost their own in 'transaction'. I think that's very low. Eventhough they put on their own subs (more like a letter different than M-R's release) it's still M-R that has done the work.

Ah, anyway. M-R > M7 :p

16. Kiba-kun

I just download whoever comes out first, I see no point in waiting....M-R seem quite arrogant to me. I know a subber's personality shouldn't affect my enjoyment of the series...but it kinda does. Like ANBU...they really were a bunch of pricks, however good their Naruto subs were I switched to Dattebayo and still use them. Can't stand ANBU.

17. Ryoma Echizen

Manga-Rain's quality is a ton better then Manga 7's, but M-R takes a billion years to release their chapters, so I'll be sticking with M7.

18. babbitblob

Kiba-kun, thats pretty interesting seeing as ANBU no longer does naruto. -__-

On-Topic: Manga-rain over Manga7. as previously mentioned, manga7 uses waaaaaaaay too many funky brushes/filters for my taste. And bleachremix is pretty good too

but then again, i download all of them for the colorpages. :)

19. Ingoman

Well Manga7 could do just as good a job if we took a month to do each chapter too.

I usually have two days to clean a chapter, that's with a job and a life of my own as well :p

By the way, regarding the filters, I didn't clean the last chapter, so that's why. I'm back this week though, so the filters are gone.

The main thing keeping our quality down is the lack of our own scanner, we depend on released raws, which are often horribly bad. Once we can get our own raw scanner, we'll kick M-R's ass in speed AND quality.

20. Fire101

What he said^^. :p

21. njt

wow- I can't believe someone finally admitted something like that...

normally it's I like "so and so" because they are more accurate... (when they don't know japanese)
    Props for you :D

anyways, I'm all for Manga rain~ they are awesome. They work hard and well.... deserve much love :)

22. Orihime

Manga rain for me.

And seriously, it's funny how those people who say we're wankers are probably the same people who get banned for not following the rules. But whatever, I'd love to ask people why theyt hink we are a bunch of wankers and are arrogant cause we keep hearing there things without any reason or valid arguement as to why we are who you claim us to be. :p And getting banned for not following the rules doesn't count. I believe that'd be a mistake on the users part.

Anyway as for manga-rain being "slower", excuses can't be made except that people seem to overlook the fact that we have more than 1 project. Sure the topic is about Bleach scanlations, but if you compare manga-rain's speed with 6 current projects and Manga 7's 1 project, you won't really be able to tell who's faster unless you give Manga 7 more projects to work on. ALthough it seems apparent that Manga-Rain wtih one release per week with the amount of workload they have will look faster than manga 7 which releases 1 chapter on one project. Maybe the right term should be "Up to date" not "faster". :p

23. suPMah

bleach is such a good manga that i rather read the highclass translations, that is manga-rain over m7.. i don't really care about the cleaning work but i often feel confused after reading the manga7 releases..

24. Spartacus

Using IRC...Not possible for me

Hello people, well. I joined this forum some moments ago just to write this post. Only because it interests me so much. Bear with me if there's any grammar mistakes, since I'm Greenlandic.

My opinion about this subject is M-R>M7 but still read manga7's scanlations because they are the only ones accessible to me. Currently I'm studying at a school which prohibits the use of IRC, so I can only download and read Manga7's scanlations, and those like it, because they are the only ones i can get. I do not have any access to any private computers with internet connection, since i live at a dormitory, and internet connections here in Greenland are really expensive.

I was able to get my hands on some of Manga-Rains scanlations, and when i compare them to M7's releases, there is a noticable difference in both quality and translation. Not because M7's scanlations are bad, not at all, i think their releases are of decent quality, and they cover my Bleach fix every week, well I don't really have any alternative do i? :amuse

But, but, but, I know M-R's policy about releasing outside IRC, but i just wish that could change somehow, or they could make a deal with some website, like you know, something similar to Narutofan and Inane (though i'm not sure they even have a deal). The reason I wish for this, is when i compare M-R's releases to M7's releases there's the difference in the use of language and the quality of the scans. M-R's use of language is a bit better than M7's use of language, this is especially noticable in the chapters where Soi-Fon and Youchiro fights, especially-especially in the flashback of Soi-Fon's period of apprenticehood. It just adds that extra "magic touch" you know? It feels better when you are reading it.

It was just my opinion, I don't really know why, but i felt it was a quite good reason to join the forums, even if it maybe is the only post i will ever make.

25. Inactive Setsuna

Manga-Rain's translation seems better! However the fast release of Manga7 is a point to be mentioned plus their translation is rather good! :p

26. hitman

Manga-Rain, but I usually just read Manga 7 and forget about going back to read the Rain scanlations just cuz they're so far behind.

27. Franckie

No preference here, I'm just grateful people actually take the time to translate the manga :)

28. Brandt

I don't really care. I read whichever comes out first, which would be M7. However, I collect Manga-Rain's version because their cleaning is better. Translations for both don't irk me so it's no problem there.

29. Sakurahime

Meh... How can you even worry about quality... Everyone has their personal preference... But REALLY... It's free... So why bother caring :p

30. Last of the Arrancar

Personally I get M7's chapter, because it's speedy and they're nice people :p.

I'm an irc noob, so getting a chapter from MR proved to be very hard and I had to ask a friend because I was temp banned from the channel for mistyping a command .... and they're just not nice people .....