1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Marc Handler(ADR Director for the dub) audio interview & another Maile interview

Discussion in 'Konoha Recycling Heap' started by Prodigy-child, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Prodigy-child :P

I was looking on Crystal Acids and they founds some interviews.

Maile Flanagan's Interview

They also founded a audio interview with ADR Director of the Naruto dubs (and who is also famous for working on other great dubs)...Marc Handler
    Marc Handler Audio Interview

Handler talks about Naruto somewhere in the middle, but it is interesting listening to the whole thing though. It also talks about his comments about the original Japanese versions and dubs and things like that as well as other experience he had with other anime. ^_^

Tags:
  2. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

awesome find, Prodigy.

I haven't listened to the audio interview yet, but after reading Flanagan's interview, I have even more respect for her as a voice actress -- even more than before. Thanks for sharing!!! ^^

3. cherry_panda24 ANBU_Rumi

I see Maile was very interested in doing Naruto

4. Ikke AshLEE That loser fangirl

I haven't listened to the director audio, but I got to the Maile Flannigan interview, and she really does love Naruto already. She seemed very enthusiastic whenever the guy asked her about Naruto. That's great to hear.

5. IveGotCandy IGC in Black&White

ROFL! "Maile: No. I do a lot of teenage boys."
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

6. Procyon Loveless

I think that Ms. Flannagan is very fit for the role. She's so enthusiastic. That really helps being a better voice actor.

7. kunshu Member

see dub-haterz she said it herself:
    "
    Maile: No. I do a lot of teenage boys. They've directed me to make him younger (right now) and when he ages, I'll age his voice. I do a lot of young teens to older teens. Right now they want to make him a little younger -- because it is the beginning of the series. Because of this they pitch me higher, rather.. they make ME pitch my voice a bit higher!"

the voice WIL GET BETTER

8. onigiri-chan oni is a good girl o.o

wow it was really interesting to hear the marc handler interview, it just confirms what i already know. its such a stereotype by some fans that american companies are just idiots that know nothing about japanese culture and language and only care about the money and this pretty much proves it's wrong at least in naruto's case
    would of really loved to hear a audio interview of malile though. but it was still interesting too...wish alot of the uneducated dub haters could see this

9. Prodigy-child :P

Actually onigiri, the maile interview is just in script. no audio. but i do agree this does prove about the typical stereotypes on american companies and shows how devoted Handler is to his work.

10. Daniee Merc with a Mouth

The audio interview with Marc Handler was very interesting
    The guy who was interviewing him was kinda annoying though...

And the Maile interview proves that the dub hasn't pronounced anything wrong. The freaking japanese producers tell them how to pronounce the japanese stuff...

11. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Great links, thanks.