1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

[Complaint] Marcelle trashes active OL thread...yet again.

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by jayjay³², Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayjay³² Drug Addict

1. There were hardly any posts that could be qualified as toxic, and even if there were, they just should've been removed. Everyone does not need to be punished because of a few bad apples.

2. Even if there was a valid reason to lock the thread, there isn't a valid reason to trash it. There's a lot of thought-provoking discussion in this thread which should still be left in the section.

3. This isn't the first time Marcelle locks or trashes one of my popular OL threads and then uses weak/inconsistent reasoning to merge or trash it. The guy genuinely does not like Zoro.

4. Why on earth would you remove a source of activity? A single OL thread hasn't been this active in months.​

I can't think of a single mod on this forum that would go through the same thought process that Marcelle did here and I'm honestly just tired of the staff continuously ignoring the complaints on him. I've given him numerous chances in recent years, but the guy simply removes what he doesn't like reading in the OL and that is not the proper way to moderate a section. Figure this shit out with Marcelle already and stop making us write threads about him.

Tags:
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Mexico
    Catdank Faction:
    I like Marcelle, though I agree that it was locked too soon

8. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    I'm not unlocking it. Tag and discuss whatever you want but I know for a fact with how that thread escalated along with Hax's thread it's only going to get worse as things move forward and everyone knows it, so I'm nipping it in the bud asap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Was there any reason to lock it all? I enjoyed the discussion I was having in that thread and I don't recall reading anything in the thread that would warrant a report.

I'm not a fan of extreme solutions. Remove the toxic posters and let the thread keep going. There is a threadban ability for a reason.

10. jayjay³² Drug Addict

I don't really care about your opinion, I'm waiting for another staff member to move it back and explain to you why this was a mistake, hence why I'm not PMing you. Trashing the thread was completely senseless and you know it.

11. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    You don't have to care, but you'll have to accept it. The only mistake I've made is not closing those threads as soon as they were made.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Why would you close that thread as soon as it made? Give me the rule I'm violating.

13. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

No one should care about Marcelle's opinion, he's shown time and time again to be biased. He's pretty biased against certain users like myself. Honestly who cares if people discuss zoro too much, what else is an active thread going to do but discuss things to death, we only get like 2-3 chapters every 3-4 weeks.

Zoro sucks but a thread shouldn't be banned for "being about something that is discussed a lot"

14. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

That's cute and all, but you're not the king here, he's getting a hold of more reasonable and more powerful people than your ass.

Remove the queen from your avatar and sig, you don't deserve it.

15. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    Trolling. The title of your thread was more than enough reason to lock it up and as I said in his thread my fuck up was not locking it as soon as you created it.

16. jayjay³² Drug Addict

What part of that title was trolling? Are you serious? And why would you just not rename the thread title? We make threads over cool stuff that happened in the chapter all the time, why is it a problem this time?

Marcelle, this is quite literally your magnum opus of moderator mistakes in the OL.

You can get away with this shit when it comes to other posters, but not me. I've had to deal with you trashing my friends posts and threads in the OL for what feels like years now (how long have you been mod?) and closing this thread was completely unacceptable. No excuses. No single staff member on NF would've done this, not even a reddit mod.

I don't have to put up with this shit and nobody in the OL should have to continue to endure this shit either. I'm filing a complaint to do a favor for the entire section once and for all.

GL arguing this one out with the admins.

17. Soca The Mud and the Oil Super Moderator

Trinidad and Tobago
    Thanks.

18. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

19. Yin Yin Within Yin God, #Boosette / SC Meme-Let The Creativity Flow

Germany, Japan, Mexico
    This is what you have to put up with? *Gives hug*
    :blobcuddle

20. PwnGoatVSPandaman Better Than Grimm

You kidding me? Marcelle abuses his power on a regular basis, he closes threads and does shit for just about nothing but "I've seen this discussion before"

Don't feel bad for that nazi.

21. Dunno Well-Known Member

I think Marc is generally doing a good job. The only locks that really bother me are the "Character X is featless"-locks, those suck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  22. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

OL is dead :hestonpls

23. Gianfi Well-Known Member

24. GrizzlyClaws Big Bad Grizzly

That's 200+ posts that got trashed from the OL statistics. :blobcry

25. Duhul10 Troll killer

It was an early stoppage. However, we do not know where things might have gone to. The discussion got a little heated if you ask me

26. Seraphoenix Withering away

I can't say I didn't see it coming. He should have never been made a moderator let alone a supermod ( I sound like a broken record here yes). By his own criteria Marcelle before becoming a mod, should have been permabanned for one liner baiting (majority of his thousands of OL posts).

I brought this up like a year ago where I got banned for 'trolling' for a day. The very competent supermod at the time (Xiammes) didn't even check the veracity of it and just banned me. By two definitions of trolling by other staff it was obvious what I did, didn't meet the criteria. That's how he plays though. He doesn't like something then he will classify it as trolling or baiting even if it doesn't meet the criteria. I even had a long discussion with Reznor about how the way staff interact with posters had to change. Just because they don't get paid doesn't mean that unprofessional behaviour should be tolerated. If staff see themselves as 'posters with perks' or that somehow being made a moderator inflates their IQ ('I can never be wrong') then there is a problem.

If you want to see the quality of his operations look at how he solves problems. I don't have the inclination to find the thread, but a while back he had an issue with an influx of 'fun' threads and there being no place for serious discussion. His solution? to ban and threaten people like the goat OL poster Giantbiceps/Blackrabbit. What were the potential solutions? To have thread tags similar to this one (complaint) like 'serious' or the like. To even specify in the OP that the thread was serious. This is never mind the fact that he would not have been able to point to a serious thread that got derailed at the time. If your first inclination as a moderator is to threaten or close things, instead of creatively solving problems and nurturing a culture of dialogue then you have failed.

Around that time he also pre-emptively threatened Zoro fans about Wano. A point I brought up at the time with Reznor. What is happening a year later? He is starting to get the ball rolling by closing threads. Next people will get warned or banned, mark my words.

Lastly his moderating idols are trash like Vandal Savage and Nesha. That shit is just not appropriate in 2018. The opportunity costs are far too high for most posters to accept being talked to like children ('behave') and having some deluded view of ''how things should be'' in the section with no actual reference to the view of the majority of the posters there.

Are they going to do anything? doubtful. You have a bunch of young adults all circle jerking each other for higher positions. No real leaders to tell shitty staff when they get out of hand.

You can see these things coming a mile away. Baconbits for instance, sucked his way up to be a moderator (''This just goes to show how mr shadow is one of the best debaters in the section''). In this case afg had a far stronger case for being a staff member (New facts to his system can actually change his views). What did they do? they promoted Bacon. A creationist that will implicitly make value judgements about the efficacy of science (''My phone won't explode in my ear'' etc) but will throw those at the wayside when it comes to a 2000 year old book written by bronze-age peasants. His plot to get rid of Kaiba was also incredibly transparent. The hilarious thing is it worked. That's how little oversight is given by admins to sections.

That thread about Zoro was fun and there was spirited debate about what constitutes a one-shot for instance. If people were getting out of hand then they should have been warned. You don't close the creche because one kid shat on the floor.

Teach this guy how to fucking solve basic problems, foster healthy discussion, actively get feedback and incorporate it into his modding, because god help whoever has to interact with him irl.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  27. Snake Well-Known Member

Imo, it was a great thread thanks to our boy Zoro. If the title was trollish, why not change it to something friendly instead of trashing the entire thing?

28. Kinjin Silver Bullet

I can provide two other examples @jayjay³²

Here Vlad's thread which had over 150 replies gets locked:

Dozens of posts/tldrs itt got hard deleted without a warning which in turn killed the activity:

29. Shiba D. Inu #admiralgang

30. Gianfi Well-Known Member

Well tbf, Vlad’s thread about an admiral taking on 2 Yonko was either a troll/bait thread, or mismatch. Arguing that an admiral can defeat 2 Yonko is like saying that earth is flat c’mon, doesn’t make much sense. Don’t see the problem with it being locked eventually. Granted that I do not think that JayJay’s thread was as trash as Vlad’s and did not deserve to be locked in the slightest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.