1. Alley-Chan contest
    Join us in the Alley's anthropomorphizing contest!
    Deadline for entries is on May 31th at 4pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragon Ball Banner Contest
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is June 24 at 12 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Martian Manhunter vs Superman

Discussion in 'Comics Battledome' started by eaebiakuya, Dec 4, 2013.

1. eaebiakuya

2 - DCNU

Who wins ?

Tags:
  2. NoYouCantChangeNamesOnNF

DCNU... can supes even hit him? I think they are equal in stats iirc but MM has more hax

pre reboot i dont know enough, probably similar

3. Mr. Black Leg

DCNU Supes dies . Martian Manhunter fights the guy he gets powerscaled from ... This is going to be fun .

4. Tranquil Fury

Pre Reboot: At worst they have even stats, at best Supes is stronger overall. MM has phasing while Supes has his own molecular control, shapeshifting won't help much though stuff like constricting may hinder Supes(plus Supes could use of the Flash's speed tricks like spinning around really fast into a tornado) and it's his telepathy that will be the trump card. Supes has T-vo but that's not a common power so most of the time J'onn will win out due to telepathy, otherwise going with his esoteric power that is T-vo grants him a chance considering how good he was even noobish with it. Supes could possibly speed up his thoughts like Flash to counter telepathy but doubtful he can do it to the extent a Speed force user can, having a casual conversation to match normal thought speeds/perception is one thing compared to matching a Speed force user when they speed up thoughts beyond normal.

I'll also add that Kryptonian heat vision seems better overall than the Martian variant considering the way Supes has used it like sealing up tears in space/time, covering an entire planet to heat it up, heat beyond anything science has measured etc or maybe Supes is just more creative with his energy blasts.

Invisibility is useless here for both sides. Supes has X-ray vision, ability to perceive the electromagnetic spectrum and overall good old fashioned super sight. Plus he can vibrate himself so fast he's invisible himself thanks to his molecular vibration. J'onn has his own super senses, also recall that Martians have 9 senses but could be wrong. So yeah, useless power in this fight.

MM's fear of fire that the Guardians of the Universe put in Martians could work to Supes advantage. Offcourse recall he's confronted this fear a few times(Turned into one of his ancestral race the Burning Martians in one instance IIRC) so depending on which point of his career he may have overcomed it or regressed depending on the writer. So this may or may not be much of an edge.

DCNU: He punches him in the noise, flawless victory unless they decided to ignore that stupid weakness. Well being serious, J'onn could still take it most times due to his telepathy unless Supes gets a lucky shot on his noise.

Skeletor mentally attacked Nu Superman and unless he's stronger than Nu MM in telepathy or it was due to him being magical, it more or less would be like that.

I'll go with MM overall in both scenarios with Supes having some chance here and there.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  5. Shiba D. Inu

why did they do that ?

dicks

6. Huey Freeman

Because they become burning Martians where you need a mind completely invulnerable to telepathy to deal with.

7. Tranquil Fury

Burning Martians were the original Martians but the Guardians realised they would conquer the galaxies when they started to develope interstellar tech. So they genetically put a fear of fire in them and gradually the Burning Martians became White and Green Martians.

MM did overcome his fear of fire once and become a Burning Martian IIRC. I also recall Dream of the Endless taking away his fear of fire once too(Martians worship him as their dream god) but could be wrong on that.

8. Huey Freeman

When he became a Burning Martian, they needed Plastic man to deal with him because since his brain has complete immunity over TP.

9. Tom Servo

great match-up....

Superman vs. A Martian that can do anything Superman can do but better in addition to shapeshifting and mindfucking abilities.

It all depends though if Superman is armed with a flamethrower :lbj

10. lucky

superman has referred to him as the most powerful being on earth before.

anyhoo, superman is slightly > MM in terms of physical stats (speed/strength/durability).

but MM would win. his variety of powers (particularly telepathy and regen) > superman's.

11. Tranquil Fury

And Superman has been refered to as the most powerful being on the planet more than once including by Darkseid when he tried to kill him in that Super Girl comic(one of Leob's few good comics). Let's not go there with the hype as it varies base on writer but Superman is given that hype as the most powerful DC Earth hero quite often(not saying he is though). Nu 52 Superman has been refered to as the most powerful being on Earth as well by Aquaman once, so yeah let's not go with that as indicator.

Absolutely not. Superman does almost everything MM can just as good if not better.
    e.g
    Heat vision being hotter than anything science has measured
    Super breath which can even freeze characters, one instance of freezing Bizzaro
    Super martial arts
    heat vision that can seal up tears in time and space
    electromagnetic vision
    Cover Earth in heat vision from across the moon to warm it up
    etc

And offcourse in Final Crisis he uses his vibrations to dispel Darkseid's dying essence with the polar opposite frequency/vibration using his voice(not sure if he was amped though as it's been a while since I read FC but the ability to use his voice like that would still be his own power over vibrations).

His shapeshifting is countered by Superman using Flash's speed tricks taught to him. So for example MM tries to constrict around him, he simply spins really fast into that blue tornado he does.

Telepathy is even doubtful with Kryptonian mental discipline Torquasm Vo aka T-vo being used on Dominus a freakin reality warper who created pocket universes to trap Superman in and lord of Chaos with psionic powers himself whom he beat and even got praised for his prodigical talent despite being new to that power. But yes MM's telepathy gives it to him more often than not as T-vo is one of his more esoteric powers.

EDIT Incase I'm not clear

I still agree MM would win overall as I did in my earlier post. MM is either equal to Supes, second or third(when Diana is written as no 2) in stats while having similar powers but the advantage of 9 senses and vast psionic capabilities honed by his race over a 1,000+ years. Martians are roughly equal to Kryptonians and their relatives the Daxamites.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  12. Huey Freeman

Actually MM hold back as well if not more so than Supes. Fernus the Burning didn't get a powerboost per say. It was just a Martian bloodlusted.

13. Archangel010

1. I Give it to Superman. They are very Close in stats, however, Superman has a few things in his advantage, least of all heat vision. He has also trained extensively in Kryptionan Martian Arts and has Better Strength, if only by a little bit. The Regen is a problem, however the Heat vision take car of that. Superman is no slouch when it comes to Mental Combat, and while I don't think he's better than Martian Manhunter, I also don't believe that having Telepathy give MM the win here. In Scenario 1. I give it to Superman with high Difficulty.

2. Not sure, but I'd give it to MM. New Universe Superman just isn't as powerful as the old one.

14. NINJA FREAKS

Both Superman have resisted stronger telepathy than martian. But, They have been controlīŊŒed by weaker telepath. Which feat should we place high importance?

15. Tom Servo

That sounds pretty hilarious.